• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

bushido w/ lesser hiryu question

Punisher

Journeyman
looking at getting a lesser hiryu with my toon with bushido. question is, can it only be 1 slot, or can it be trained up further and be able to still control it with just bushido?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For pvp they were a thing for a while. Make a macro to dismount and all kill. Having a mount able to help you if you have been dismounted is a help in pvm as well

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For pvp they were a thing for a while. Make a macro to dismount and all kill. Having a mount able to help you if you have been dismounted is a help in pvm as well
Yep, i used to wreak havoc in PvP on my Samurai/Swordsman, Velis, along with my 108.0 Wrest Midnight Blue Lesser Hiryu, Ferocious. I'd charge in with Riding Swipe readied, and right before i'd make contact, i'd hop off of Ferocious, and dismount my opponent. Because Ferocious was on guard, he'd start attacking my victim too, helping to interrupt spellcasts and applying Grasping Claw. If another mounted opponent was there, i could sick Ferocious on them, and he'd oftentimes Dismount them too. If they were riding a living mount (like a Faction Warhorse), as soon as i'd Riding Swipe the opponent off of it, Ferocious would attack their mount and kill it.

Skilled up 1 slot Lesser Hiryus can still be used for applying Grasping Claw to debuff the opponent's Physical Resist. My Disco/Tamer rides a skilled up 1 slot Lesser Hiryu while fighting Andros in Despise (only 1 slot pets are allowed in Tram Despise now). The Lesser Hiryu itself can't damage Andros, but it can still apply Grasping Claw to him, making the minions deal more damage to him.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Benefits of what? A LH? My chiv/AI LH consistently out-damages my chiv/AI Cu.
What are you fighting that has low physical resist? Take the hiryu and cu to paragon balron and see which kills faster.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What are you fighting that has low physical resist? Take the hiryu and cu to paragon balron and see which kills faster.
This post piqued my interest, so I tried it with my Bard/Tamer. It took my Cu and LH about a minute each to kill a para balron, though the difference was that my Cu ended the fight with full health, whereas my LH had half. That's a pretty extreme example, though, given the resists. In general, my LH does more damage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This post piqued my interest, so I tried it with my Bard/Tamer. It took my Cu and LH about a minute each to kill a para balron, though the difference was that my Cu ended the fight with full health, whereas my LH had half. That's a pretty extreme example, though, given the resists. In general, my LH does more damage.
I wish I would see that on what I fight. One of my tamers has a Hiryu and lesser of each color. I have them with different builds. Each magic, most have AI a few have AP. I ran out of builds because there are not many options so some are Ready to add a special and magic.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is no one going to weigh in?

Can you control a 2 slot untrained hiryu?
Either that has not had the button pushed can be used with bushido. The ones that start as 2 slot have such a small amount more intensity, you may as well use 1 slot ones.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So which should I choose:
A skilled-up one-slot hiryu
OR
An armored swampy?