• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Bushido in PVP

J

[JD]

Hey all, until recently I thought Bush was useless in PVP.

Bush gives 1 in 5 chance to crit in PVP, and when it crits it does AI damage.

So for 5 mana (less LMC and mana discount), you can LS a target and have one in 5 chances for AI damage.

With this new information I realize I no longer need big heavy swinging weapons, oodles of SSI and STA, ultra high tactics and anat in order to dole out serious damage.

Of course you shouldn’t just throw the baby out with the bath water, you need to be able to do good damage between crits…

I envision instead of using the more popular PVP bows which are slow, heavy hitting, and whose specials take up 6x more mana I’d switch to a magical short, swing at cap, use LS, and then use the others only when I needed for the special…

I’m also considering a couple builds right now which incorporate bush, traditional ABC archer, necro archer, mage, and myst archer.

I’m working the suits up to see how they’d look. So far the ABC archer by far will have the strongest suit and most bulletproof spec. For that though it gives up burst damage that the other templates have. The templates with burst damage make their own sacrifices as well.

Question 1: In any case, mainly this is more a template question, even though you have access to lightning strike, in PVP would you rather have ~45 HCI and ~30 DCI? Or higher DCI and less HCI.

I’m mostly leaning towards HCI, as although I’ll be using lightning strike quite a bit, the time may come where I’d want to AI, LS, LS, AI and I don’t want to be missing those AI’s. Plus I can always offscreen if I need to from low DCI.

Question 2: Does 120 Bush also allow me to block incoming arrows/swings? Bows are 2h weaps…

Thanks

R

ReaperNI

alright so it looks like your trying for a caster/bush archer template.well couple things i believe most poeple have trouble balancing int str dex on this kinda of combination. most run elf for mana boost. as for the hci dci i would say get the hci your distance attacker and shouldnt be standing toe to toe with anyone. TYR

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've run the abc archer in pvp before, and it was a great temp. But running without resist and encountering a half way decent msytic can spell some big trouble for you.

As for your hci vs. dci question

i'd always aim for 45 hci. especially on an archer, you can skimp on dci a little bit.

Keep in mind however, you can not solely rely on lightning strike. you can do damage, but you need the paralyze, the mortal, etc, or the reliable big damage ai/conc/etc. For this reason, always go 45hci, even if the lightning strike would make up the missing hci.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if you have 1/5 chance to do AI type damage then you are roughly averaging 25 mana per success. AI uses 30 mana. I guess you have to ask yourself is 5 mana worth the 100-120 skill points. In PvM probably, but maybe not in pvp. Probably better to put the point into resist as already mentioned. As far as your bows, i would not rely on just a magical shortbow. Look for heavy hitting and fast bows. I prefer my xbow with 40 ssi, 40 DI, 50 velocity over all my other bows. And mortal strike imo is just as usefu as AI.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if you have 1/5 chance to do AI type damage then you are roughly averaging 25 mana per success. AI uses 30 mana. I guess you have to ask yourself is 5 mana worth the 100-120 skill points. In PvM probably, but maybe not in pvp. Probably better to put the point into resist as already mentioned. As far as your bows, i would not rely on just a magical shortbow. Look for heavy hitting and fast bows. I prefer my xbow with 40 ssi, 40 DI, 50 velocity over all my other bows. And mortal strike imo is just as usefu as AI.
Also remember that having Bushido helps put you over the 300 skill points for mana reduction on special moves. Not only that, but it opens up the option to use Yumi's double shot as well as confidence for heals on the run.

As for using LS in PvP, it isn't reliable. That being said, it is a GREAT option when you're low on mana and fighting a mage. Pull out that magic short bow with 50 velocity and 50 fireball and LS away. It is very disruptive with potentially high damage output. Might even go with a repeater instead of a magic short, easier to switch to the moving shot if needed.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also remember that having Bushido helps put you over the 300 skill points for mana reduction on special moves. Not only that, but it opens up the option to use Yumi's double shot as well as confidence for heals on the run.

As for using LS in PvP, it isn't reliable. That being said, it is a GREAT option when you're low on mana and fighting a mage. Pull out that magic short bow with 50 velocity and 50 fireball and LS away. It is very disruptive with potentially high damage output. Might even go with a repeater instead of a magic short, easier to switch to the moving shot if needed.
I guess for me I just don't like to have to box my template in and dedicate so much skill for a few desired affects. I have high MR for my pvp char so JOAT is not a high priority, survival is and I would put resist as a prioity. But you have to build the template that work best for you and I like seeing people trying new things. Let us know how the new template works out :)

N

NickyDishes

I guess for me I just don't like to have to box my template in and dedicate so much skill for a few desired affects. I have high MR for my pvp char so JOAT is not a high priority, survival is and I would put resist as a prioity. But you have to build the template that work best for you and I like seeing people trying new things. Let us know how the new template works out :)
i dont care how much mana regen someone got....if u dont have lmc at 40% or 30%(with 300 skill total) then ur gonna loose the battle....id rather be joat with lmc, than an elf with mana regen and no lmc.

J

[JD]

First don't worry, 120 resist is on the template no matter what, I'm not sacraficing resist for bush. Bush is in addition to

It sounded great to be able to AI, LS, LS, AI.. potentially doing a lot of dmg with a very fast bow shooting at cap w/velocity and fireball.

Last night a pvp friend told me I should dump bush for Fencing (disarm/bleed)... Said if I disarm someone it's a guaranteed hit pretty much...

If you had 120 pts to play with would you rather go bush or fencing?

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does the template look like right now? Are you thinking of dumping bush and adding fencing with archery?

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 main chars as arriors

first is a Fencer:
120 Fencing
120 Tactics
120 Resist
100 Bushido
100 Anat
100 Healing
75 Chiv (15 skill points from Bracelet)

Second is Archer
120 Archey
120 Tactics
120 Resist
100 Bushido
100 Anat
100 Healing
75 Chiv (15 skill points for bracelet)

The first and second chars are strictly PVM

Third Char is for PVP and PVM
120 Archery
120 Tactics
115 Resist (will be 120 when I obtain the right jewels)
120 Anatomy
90 Healing
100 Focus
70 Chiv

I am still playing around with the third template, but out of all my chars I enjoy this one the most. Does excellent at PVM and can handle being attacked by players raiding spawns. May think about ditching or reducing focus with ninjitsu, dunno yet as I like having mana and stamina full all the time.

Muck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 main chars as arriors

120 Archey
120 Tactics
120 Resist
100 Bushido
100 Anat
100 Healing
75 Chiv (15 skill points for bracelet)

The first and second chars are strictly PVM

Third Char is for PVP and PVM
120 Archery
120 Tactics
115 Resist (will be 120 when I obtain the right jewels)
120 Anatomy
90 Healing
100 Focus
70 Chiv
how much str / int / dex do you have...

a) for the pvp template
b) for the pvm template ? :eek:)

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All Templates