• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bushido build

Calla Lily

Journeyman
I’m thinking of creating a samurai to fight PvM only with the following skills:

120 Bushido
100 Chivalry
100 Focus
100 Macing (to use a tessen)
100 Ninjitsu
100 Parrying
100 Tactics

Would she need Anatomy or Resist?

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure what you are gaining from the ninjitsu, Mirror images are nice, but you lose the benefit of an armored swap dragon to use them. Other than that looks great, personally i'd drop ninja and use a soul stone to swap anatomy/resist based on what you are fighting.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Not sure what you are gaining from the ninjitsu, Mirror images are nice, but you lose the benefit of an armored swap dragon to use them. Other than that looks great, personally i'd drop ninja and use a soul stone to swap anatomy/resist based on what you are fighting.
Thank you, I’ll probably do that. I don’t have any chars with Ninjitsu, so I don’t know how to use it yet.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you, I’ll probably do that. I don’t have any chars with Ninjitsu, so I don’t know how to use it yet.
It's really more of a pvp and thief skill than anything.

With animal form, you can move in stealth at walking mount speed. Mirror images are good for diverting melee damage, but you have to be on foot for them to work. Deathstrike does solid damage but not in pvm. And the majority of the rest of the specials are fairly useless in Pvm compared to you regular weapon specials. You can lob shurikens, but you could also just directly poison them with a weapon, so no advantage there.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I’m thinking of creating a samurai to fight PvM only with the following skills:

120 Bushido
100 Chivalry
100 Focus
100 Macing (to use a tessen)
100 Ninjitsu
100 Parrying
100 Tactics

Would she need Anatomy or Resist?
Why a Tessen? They're really low base damage. The special move Feint halves incoming damage, but with those skills you'd be pretty much un-hittable anyway, Ninjitsu Mirror Images are far superior to damage reduction as they give damage avoidance at 90% when 120 skill. On the rare occurrence something does get through Bushido/Parry will avoid it also.

Unless this is for RP purposes it's a bit of an odd set of skills to combine. You have far too much defence, not enough offense, and unless you were going 4/6 Chivalry or relying on HLL no way to heal/cure, and with a low base damage weapon you won't do enough damage to live. (You'll get wrecked by spells/specials/breath attacks.)

If the goal is to be a Samuari, I would drop Ninjitsu and Focus and pick up Healing and Anatomy, or Resist and Anatomy if you are healing with 4/6 Chivalry. If you wanted to be a Ninja drop Bushido/Parry/Focus and have Healing/Anatomy/Resist with 4/6 casting.

You also want your weapon skill to be 120 before any other skill.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Thanks for the info. I won’t add Ninjitsu to her, maybe to my thief instead. Why the tessen? Because she looks awesomely cute with her pink kimono and agapite tessen *LOL* Yes, she’s more of an RP character than a fighter.