• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Bushido alone

Flavius

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking:
Med/focus = 60/40
Bushido
swords
parry
tactics
anatomy
resist

For those of you who may have done this, what is the viability of this template?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
... for what? Bushido alone as opposed to with what?

Looks like you're running 8 skills there, so swords is the only one at 120?

Flavius

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My question is, how many of you have tried this basic template and with what success?

Was thinking anatamy at 120, unless swords or parry would be better for surival.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
As we've been explaining in another thread... swords at 120 is a must.

Since you'll want to be wearing either studded or plate, med is not useful.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I currently run a gargoyle samurai with
120 swords
120 bushido
120 parry
120 resist or anat
120 tactics
90 chiv and 30 anat in case of resist

works well enough, but thats for pvm with life leech on weapon.
That med/focus variant sounds like a pvp build to me, no need for med/focus in pvm.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was always under the impression, that when you reforge for hci + something else, you never get 5 , only 4. Same with a shield here.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Do you need a reforged heater shield with 5 HCI/5 SSI/25 DI on Europa?
No, my goal is 5/10/30. I know it's possible, but it might be by the time I'm done I've got the most valuable shield in the game...

You can absolutely get 5 HCI + other stuff, just rare, and you need to use a big enough hammer. I am using agapite to do my reforges.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Everyone has different results. When LS (lightning strike) was in, I always ran 45 DCI and whatever HCI I could fit. Today, I would try to max both since they impact your AI (armor ignore) and DS (double strike) attacks.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Everyone has different results. When LS (lightning strike) was in, I always ran 45 DCI and whatever HCI I could fit. Today, I would try to max both since they impact your AI (armor ignore) and DS (double strike) attacks.
I don't view LS as a worthwile PVM strategy because of the ease of getting 45 HCI on suit, and being able to leech enough mana to chain AI or DS.

Perhaps in PVP the ability to land the critical hit is useful, but I can't say I've seen anyone use it.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Perhaps in PVP the ability to land the critical hit is useful, but I can't say I've seen anyone use it.
There is a tactic: use LS till you get a critical then switch to AI . It saves your mana and allows to make "one more AI" (counting critical as AI). For example, if you have mana for 3 AI in a row this tactics allow you to get in a row critical + 3 AI.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I assumed that'd be how it's used, but I don't PvP. I would also use it if I was hit with HLA to get back up to 45 HCI.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
before I had 100 hml weapons I often used LS when I ran out of mana after AIs. Also it sure seems like I hit faster then 1.25 sec when I am spamming LS. Certain monsters I find LS to be more survivable since I am hitting them so fast and so often