• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BURNING HOUSES

G

Rumor (unconfirmed) over on UHall is that perhaps Draconi is hitting targeted scripters. OP in a thread there states a known scripter place was trashed like these.

Speculation runs rampant, but it does seem his style, doesn't it? Remember Magincia.

Er, I just noted - Effigy of a Traitor!!! WOW!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's the house of my 2 year arch nemesis I had 0 luck paging on. Actually TyC, there's 2 houses there on fire, the other one was just to the north a ways, one was owned by Xaria, the one you took the pic of was Lorilias. I can say their names now, I'm pretty sure they've been banned...both of those accounts, literally, chopped wood (before the changes) and mined ingots, from server up till server down, for at least 2 straight years. I"m also fairly certain the smithy script also produced shadow heater shields for god knows how long...

btw that's me on the Charger :)

M

MuseDeDannan

So if we're good little boys and girls and don't do really bad things we don't have to be in fear of our houses burning to the ground right? ... Otherwise I'm moving all my crap back to the bank boxes because I'd be PISSED to lose some of the old ass things I've got at random.

G

God that was one Hell of an Explosion!!!!! It had to be a highlight moment for all there to see Drac at work!!!!!!!!

G

would be interesting to see if there were more houses on fire....i just might have to take the grand tour around and see if any others are burning. I seem to recall a few locations that might be in flames as well...not sure though. Too bad we dont have our chocolate yet we could all have smores for a snack...hehe.

G

And THAT should be more than sufficient deterrent, right? I mean if people stop and think in the same vein as you, perhaps one would-be scripter is stopped.

If ya can't stop 'em, make it REAL discouraging to get caught.

M

MuseDeDannan

I just hope this is scripter punishment and not random "lets dink with UO people".

"Ahm a good gal ah am, ah washed me face an' 'ands b'for ah com ah did"

Think of all the old rares that could be lost though ... simply tragic.

R

RestlessLA

its a punishment to cheaters, this is exactly what draconi said recently in a stratics news message regarding the new live team -

"Cheating: We hate it as much as you do. We can’t disclose our plans or methods, but be assured that removing exploits and keeping the game fair is a top priority for the Live team. As far as the cheaters themselves? Some of you may know what I can do with a lit match and some blackrock. Expect burned out shells where treasure vaults of ill-gotten gains were once held. Allow me to reiterate: cheating will not be tolerated. "

and it is quite obvious that the 18x18 in luna that is aflame was operated by a scripter, nobody could spend the hours mining and lumberjacking enough to have as many resources as that person did at all times on their vendor without having an aneurysm (except for the possibility that it never sold cuz it was so expensive, which is possible, but i doubt it)

this is gonna be great, now people wont be script placing houses at castle and luna idocs

C

Chango Pelon

Would be awesome to have the Talking Heads midi loaded around the houses.

G

this is scary ... in the UHall thread about the fires all over, myself and Fayled Dhreams also mentioned s'mores. Good grief ...

I

imported_raider red

<blockquote><hr>

Would be awesome to have the Talking Heads midi loaded around the houses.

[/ QUOTE ]

or have the earth,wind and fire( it hink it was them) song "burn baby,burn.......disco inferno" being played by an npc bard.

I

imported_Fran Fury

The world is indeed a scarey place when you find yourself thinking the same as Fayled

Greer

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. Maybe they can torch those DSFAFSA Houses while they are at it.

I

imported_tek

The thing I always though was strange was why someone who obviously scripts everything has such high prices for their stuff, the guy not only was a scripter but a rip off artist as well lol.

I

imported_Az of DSR

I think they are focusing on the same dupe and scripters they banned about a year ago. Alot of them started over me thinks. But it always creates a vaccum. But if they just blow up everyone who trys to fill the void in these ways then a big part of the problem fixed. Wish I could have seen them actually blow up.

Im loving it, and he also said (draconi in the irc chat) that in the next publish will make it so no script placing and everyone will have a fair chance to place in the burnt down spots

Watch out you might get what you're after, Cool Babies, strange but not a stranger, I'm a ordinary guy, BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE.
Close enough but not too far, Maybe be you know where you are, Fightin' fire with fire.

I

imported_lindylou

I think it's great that they are doing something like this that punishes the scripters, warns wannabe scripters and also lets the law-abiding population see the consequences of those we all have complained about for so long.

M

MuseDeDannan

agreed. so often a complaint was answered with "we'll deal with it" and we never got to see the consequences of scripting. it is nice of them to do things in such a public way...gratifying

C

Cherri1980

It was AWESOME!!!
I was there when the rolling waves of fire started. I was so excited that another scriptor bit the dust. Think the thing I liked the most was that is was so public. Hopefully will make scriptors think twice before they try to be dishonest. Thank you DV........Love It !! Love It !!