• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bullet Trains Again on Thursday! (today!)

G

We're going to do another bullet train move today at 2 pm PST.

Did anyone watch Absolutely Fabulous? Everytime I make these bullet train posts, I remember the episode when Edina swears up and down she didn't forget anything (for their trip to France). A couple of seconds after the door closes, she runs back in panicked, yelling, "MONEY!!! TICKETS!!! PASSPORT!!!"

I hope to see you all in EA-Land soon!

G

Oooooooooh spooke - i just asked whrn the next one was going to be

Can i go request a move now and get moved today?? or is that too close for you?

I

imported_LFancey

Schedule moves if you want on this train. Do it now!

Lee

I

Inge Jones

I don't know what to do. I was in the test center and a message came up saying there was a train later. I want to get on it but I don't know what to do

G

<blockquote><hr>

Schedule moves if you want on this train. Do it now!

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Now he said, now! Go, go, GO!!

::watches everyone run off::

::steals their candy::

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know what to do. I was in the test center and a message came up saying there was a train later. I want to get on it but I don't know what to do

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. My mistake. You can't move out of TC3. I'll send out another msg.

I

Inge Jones

I wish there was a bit more help for the poor newbies. Everyone assumes everyone already knows everything including the jargon.

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a paying subscriber now - can't I move still?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a paying subscriber now - can't I move still?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not out of TC3.

That's the bad news. The good news is you can create a new character in EA-Land!

I

Inge Jones

Can I make it the same character with the same name anyway? Which one should I click on - "EA Land Beta" ?

P

PB Three

My AV sim has first-class, one-way tickets to EA Land.

Thanks for letting us know, Parizad.

EDIT @ Inge: I LOVE your mods for Sims 1 &amp; Sims 2!

EDIT 2 @ Parizad: No, not sure I've even heard of that.

PB Three

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

EDIT @ Inge: I LOVE your mods for Sims 1 &amp; Sims 2!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you very much
Maybe you can tell me which box to put the cross in to get me into a proper city and out of that test town? I don't care if I have to start a new character for it just let me out!!!

P

PB Three

Be my pleasure -- if you want to switch to EA Land, select "EA Land - Beta" in the update utility.

EDIT: By the way, how long have you been playing TSO. Me = Founder &amp; started Oct 2002.

EDIT 2: I spent most of my 5 years in Test Center. I've grown to love it IMMENSELY.

EDIT 3: (Eeek)... nvm, I saw you say "I'm a paid subscriber now", so that answers my question about how long

PB Three

I

Inge Jones

What worries me is some Sims have rares in the test town. If they can't move their sims and property over, won't the rares be lost forever?

P

PB Three

Ummm, the Test Center (original) was permentant - so I see no reason why that would change. My oldest sim (from the original Test Center) is still alive, and over 1,840 days old.

EDIT: (What's up with my edits LOL) - all my rares are LOOONG gone. Sold my Mystic tree a couple years ago for 2.5 million. That's the only way I coulda' built my grand estate in TC.

PB Three

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

By the way, how long have you been playing TSO. Me = Founder &amp; started Oct 2002.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grrrr that's right rub it in. I *would* have joined in Oct 2002 if they had allowed people from outside the USA to play but at the time you couldn't. If someone told me when that rule changed I would have been in earlier. I only tried again this time because someone said they were trying to get more players back.

I

Inge Jones

Oh great. It tells me EA Land is only allowing paying customers in. I AM A PAYING CUSTOMER!!!

I have a feeling I am not going to be a regular feature of this game after all...

P

PB Three

D'oh! It wasn't my intention whatsoever to rub-it-in. Never crossed my mind about the beta only being available to Americans.

Yes, I remember seeing that you are British on your website. (I have several very good TSO friends from the UK.)

If you started on the Trial, even if you have already set-up billing info, you still have to wait until your trail time to expire. (Why? That is totally beyond me.)

EDIT (Again) I wonder when Parizad will notice us spamming this thread... :p

EDIT 2: Well, Parizad answered my question as I posted that. lol

PB Three

G

<blockquote><hr>

Can I make it the same character with the same name anyway? Which one should I click on - "EA Land Beta" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how the name rule works: You can make a sim in EA-Land with the same name if one does not already exist. As we start moving in sims, if a sim has the same name as yours, then the oldest sim gets to keep their name, and the younger one(s) get some numbers attached to the end of their name.

Please remember that every 7 days, you can change your name.

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

If you started on the Trial, even if you have already set-up billing info, you still have to wait until your trail time to expire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good grief...

Oh well it's not my problem any more. I am giving up before I get steam coming out of my ears like the busboy at his dishwasher when I was waitressing lol.

P

PB Three

So, that will be in 3 hours anyway. I can hardly wait.

Could 'ya do me a favor and not steal my tip-jars? lol

Are you in Test Center 3 at this time, Inge? If so, I'll meet you there.

PB Three

P

PB Three

Now where's my AV sim? He ain't in EA Land yet, that's for sure.

PB Three

N

NightFlyer

Are we still on track for the Bullet train today?

Any ETA yet?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are we still on track for the Bullet train today?

Any ETA yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we are. On track I mean. No ETA. I can't give one b/c we have to do the moves manually. Each city/server is different, not just from one another but also day to day.

G

Are we there yet PB??

oooh its dark - we must be in the tunnel *gulp*

G

Lee - I managed to move my BF &amp; AV sims on my first account but the 'move sim' button was greyed out on my second account?

Any ideas why?

P

PB Three

LOL! Good one!

EDIT: *Looks over the engineer's shoulder to make sure he'll get us there in one-piece* I hope so :p

PB Three

E

Emilian

I used to have a sim in Betaville, but everytime I try to go in there, I get that the city is full...does that mean that my sim was deleted ?
What happens with the sims in Betaville ? Do they get moved to EALand automatically ?

Thank you

D

donnallg

If you tried to move while EALand is down that might be what the problem is. After EALand comes back up I would try again. Hopefully it won't be to late for the bullet train.

D

donnallg

Did we miss the Train? I had sims set yesterday to move just wondering if I needed to cancel that and try again before the train left?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lee - I managed to move my BF &amp; AV sims on my first account but the 'move sim' button was greyed out on my second account?

Any ideas why?

[/ QUOTE ]you need to patch back on that account to the old cities (including BF and AV), then try move again and it won't be greyed out, you'll catch the train next time

D

DjMacDaddy01201

Geeeez Blazing Falls has been down for longgggg time when will they open it next year 2009 sometime

G

I logged into both accounts using the same shortcut so in theory it was patched already.

I'll try again after maint today - although I dunno if I can bring myself to leave my lovely grass &amp; water lot in BF

OOooooohhhh decisions decisions