• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bullet Train?

G

Last week many cities were set to move on the bullet train, I know at least AV actually arrived. Is there any guestimation of when the Betaville sims will arrive in EA Land?

M

Monkeybear

A BF sim of mine arrived but I need my BV sims to move

V

ValarieNicoleBF

I don't know, but I sure would like to know...I haven't touched my BV sims in a long time, I'm very curious to see how old they are.

G

Yep I've been wondering this myself, but since the team is tied up with the TC3 migration today, I doubt we'll hear when the next train is scheduled. They've been running them on Thursdays, so that *might* be a safe bet for this week? Actually I'm glad you reminded me because I need to try the tricks that I saw you posted to get my BV sims to show up so I *can* set them to move, whenever the next train is coming through. I'm not in-game ATM, and it's rainy and yucky outside IRL here, so today would be a good day to fiddle with it and see if I can make it work.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know, but I sure would like to know...I haven't touched my BV sims in a long time, I'm very curious to see how old they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yea same here!

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

What tricks were they .. ? to get the betaville sims up?

G

This was posted by CntryGirl in another thread. This is the trick they were speaking of.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my target line from my shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land"

It must be exact, or you will get an error.

G

I am sorry to ask the unbelievably newbie question that I'm about to ask, but I wanna be real super clear on this before I try moving sims around.

This "bullet train" that everyone keeps talking about is just the regular old sim-move feature, right? If I use this, my sim will go to ea-land and can visit houses &amp; skill &amp; earn money, but she just won't have access to her property until her city (Alphaville) merges, right?

I know that all sims have lost their simoleans. But I'm scared to use the move feature because I don't know if this will jeopardize any of the priorities to which I'm entitled when my city merges, like keeping my sim's name, keeping my lot location &amp; size, or anything else at all, no matter how seemingly minuscule.

I feel like I've been "wasting time" on an alt-sim when my much-more-skilled main sim could be making more money and developing skills that I'll actually use. I've been afraid to ask about this before because I didn't want to embarrass myself with such a silly question, but my excitement about getting to ea-land finally took precedence.

G

I believe if you move now, before your city merges,
you will keep everything except your money and your house.
My sim is waiting in Dan's Grove now because I did not want to lose my home.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am sorry to ask the unbelievably newbie question that I'm about to ask, but I wanna be real super clear on this before I try moving sims around.

This "bullet train" that everyone keeps talking about is just the regular old sim-move feature, right? If I use this, my sim will go to ea-land and can visit houses &amp; skill &amp; earn money, but she just won't have access to her property until her city (Alphaville) merges, right?

I know that all sims have lost their simoleans. But I'm scared to use the move feature because I don't know if this will jeopardize any of the priorities to which I'm entitled when my city merges, like keeping my sim's name, keeping my lot location &amp; size, or anything else at all, no matter how seemingly minuscule.

I feel like I've been "wasting time" on an alt-sim when my much-more-skilled main sim could be making more money and developing skills that I'll actually use. I've been afraid to ask about this before because I didn't want to embarrass myself with such a silly question, but my excitement about getting to ea-land finally took precedence.

[/ QUOTE ]If you use the bullet train, you will lose your property. You will retain all objects and skill locks but your sim will be homeless. If you wait for the merge, your lot will come with you. Hope this helps

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]If you move rather than wait for the merge, then you will lose your house and your lot. Your buy-mode property will go into your sim's inventory, so you won't lose any of that. You will lose your name if someone in EA-Land already has it.

N

nobuttkisser

the bullett train as I understood it was to transport impatient sims who wish to leave their property and ride the train into ealand..... all they had was what was on their back and in their inventory.

Now when the sims arrive in their various locations via a total merge it will be with EVERYTHING we had except simoleans (hmmmm five years of hard earned simoleans just wiped out).

If I can wait five years to do honest work I can do some more time to get some more.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This was posted by CntryGirl in another thread. This is the trick they were speaking of.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my target line from my shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:EA Land"

It must be exact, or you will get an error.

[/ QUOTE ]

(sorry Mods, I did grab this from page 3, but thought it prudent to bump it rather than start this over, so as to catch the history with it, and the last post was only a couple days ago....ss if this isn't right

I just tried this trick with a free account of mine, knowing that there *is* a family of 4 sims on it, and when I created this shortcut on my desktop with the above change in the target line, I still cannot even see 1 of my BV sims listed with the EA Land (there are none at all listed since one hasn't been created. Can even one BV sim on a free account not be bullet-trained into EAL? I was going to attempt to do this, and then *if* the attempt went through, subscribe that account in order to be able to play that skilled sim in EA Land as other migrated sims are able to be played. Is there a reason I can't see my BV sims? Is it because that account is not premium, and the above target change *only* makes premium account BV sims show? If so, that's a disappointment, and I don't want to subscribe the account, wait the 24+ hours that it will still show it as free, and then lose the extra $9.95 only to find that's not my issue, so I thought I'd ask. Advice, from fellow Betavillians that have been able to at least schedule their BV sim(s) to go to EAL even if they haven't made it yet?

G

I asked Pari about this Carrie because one of my accts had BV sims when I closed it in Nov and now they are gone. She said they should still be there but she couldnt see them either. My theory is that accts that were closed on the day BV closed lost the BV sims.
My 2 accts that were open then both still have the BV sims. I know all my accts used to have BV sims. Pari said she would look into it but I fear my sims are lost forever.

G

BV sims arriving on the train daily and guess what i moved a master and yes!!!!!! go team !!!! All their objects come with it!!!! Doing a great job guys keep up the good work!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I asked Pari about this Carrie because one of my accts had BV sims when I closed it in Nov and now they are gone. She said they should still be there but she couldnt see them either. My theory is that accts that were closed on the day BV closed lost the BV sims.
My 2 accts that were open then both still have the BV sims. I know all my accts used to have BV sims. Pari said she would look into it but I fear my sims are lost forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh HELL I hope you're wrong, but I feel you're right. ACK.....but if this is the case it's my own bloody fault for not keeping the account open. ARGH ARGH ARGH. Thanks Nikki for the suggestion anyway, but yikes I hope we're both wrong, so I'll hold off in saying RIP Cherish family

F

frogger2

hey my bv sims are here....so perhaps you need to check your sims from bv just to double check to see if thier here in ealand...also awhile back the devs siad due to bv problems houses from bv will not come with you even if you wait for city merge if thats not true now any more...the devs owes me a full sized home lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

hey my bv sims are here....so perhaps you need to check your sims from bv just to double check to see if thier here in ealand...also awhile back the devs siad due to bv problems houses from bv will not come with you even if you wait for city merge if thats not true now any more...the devs owes me a full sized home lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did check, that was the whole reason for the post...I used all the *tricks* to get the BV sims to show, changing target lines in shortcuts and all, and nada. The more I think about it, the more I think Nikki might be right. I wish we'd known that would have happened, if that does turn out to be the case. It might have made alot of people reactivate their accounts sooner. ACK

G

<blockquote><hr>

Unfortunately it is true. They said that BV is still up in the air. At the least you will be able to arrive with your sims and objects.

Most recently.
Original post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither of those posts explain why BV sims on closed accounts seem to be permanently gone, so I don't know what you mean by 'it is true'.

G

Possibly, it has to do with their process.

They close a city and wipe all sims and properties of closed accounts, in preparation for the merge.

I think it is logical to expect that if anyone had a cancelled/closed account, when the cities were locked, that the sims on those accounts, are wiped for good.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think it is logical to expect that if anyone had a cancelled/closed account, when the cities were locked, that the sims on those accounts, are wiped for good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that you might be saying this of the production cities also.....*if* this is the case AND *if* it applies to production city sims as well, then ack, I bet alot of people would have come back pissed if they had not been gone the normal 90 days that DADDI does his cleaning in. As for BV sims, I guess you're right, it is logical and to be expected, especially since our BV sims not getting deleted during that same account lapse has been 'gratis' of sorts, but it still doesn't keep it from being a bitter pill to swallow. I figure if the theory is proven enough, Parizad will come here and state whether or not it is truth or remains theory

G

*shrugs*
People playing the "Chicken" game with the Daddi wipes, can not expect much sympathy if they lose the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*shrugs*
People playing the "Chicken" game with the Daddi wipes, can not expect much sympathy if they lose the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree, even as a person that got hit by it apparently.....as I said its my own fault for not reinstating the account before BV was dropped, but the production cities have always played by a different set of rules, and I do think if *those* rules had been changed they should have said something, if for no other reason than to gain revenue from those people longer, since many of them probably would have reinstated their account just to not lose the sims.

<font color="red">Disclaimer </font> That's all playing devil's advocate and assuming that this is all true though, which there is no evidence of, so I don't want to send up colored smoke screens to people who might be hit too, not knowing whether this is fact or fiction

G

They did...in the ToS:

"...game play may change without notice...."

G

<blockquote><hr>

They did...in the ToS:

"...game play may change without notice...."

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to get into badgering back and forth, but game play and rules are not the same, in my eyes. I don't know if the 30 day eviction, 90 day deletion policy is in the ToS or not, but if it is then normally when there's a change in that we're notified of it. That's all I meant to say. I understand that there are alot of people who are attempting to make big deals out of nothing, and that that has the mods' nerves on edge, but I've already said that I am NOT trying to do that, that I DO accept responsibility myself, so please don't treat me as if I am one of those....I was simply making a prediction on what might be yet to come, based on what has happened in the past, from other posters......nothing more

G

the devs said they wernt sure ... at the LEAST wed come back with sims and property .... they werent going to promise... thas a far cry in saying that u wont be able to bring your home... think some people need to read and comprehend whats being said instead of assuming.... and btw were lucky we got em all so be glad you got what u got

G

Not 'badgering', just trying to keep the facts straight for all those 'other' players that might get upset.

The ToS covers EA, from having to announce any change in the game, except the closing...that requires a 90 day notice.

All other circumstances are covered by the above statement and the one asserting absolute ownership of everything in the game by EA. Players only have the priviledge of playing with the avatars and items for as long as they keep the account current (pay the rent).

(I wonder if Free Players have any protection from wipe at all in the ToS....hummmm.....that's a thought...
)

They were trying to manipulate circumstances to their benefit....exploiting a hole in the clean-up program. And they got pwned. So no one has a leg to stand on should they get upset at the loss of avatars and stuff in a cancelled accounts in the old cities.

Nothing personal Carrie....just sayin'....

G

that requires a 90 day notice

I thought so, too. But someone recently asked if the new ToS included that stipulation. I just checked the ToS on ea-land.ea.com and it does not include "90". I forget if the old ToS for TSO included the specific notice period.