• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bullet Train

• Thread starter MonaLittlemore
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

MonaLittlemore

Since we now have the update ..Are our sims allowed to ride the bullet train to EAland..My bags are packed and ready to go !!

M

MonaLittlemore

Thanks
Im so excited ..Gave all my money away !!! Im ready to go

I

Isimsalotta

ooo I hope so...Passed off my house in Alphaville last nite to another of my sims....Packed my eldest sim's bags and she is at the train station now! And she has 20 unused skill locks ready to skill away once she arrives in the wonderful land of EA

V

VitArm

<blockquote><hr>

ooo I hope so...Passed off my house in Alphaville last nite to another of my sims....Packed my eldest sim's bags and she is at the train station now! And she has 20 unused skill locks ready to skill away once she arrives in the wonderful land of EA

[/ QUOTE ]

OMGOMGOMG. No one cares

B

BarbaraBGS

hehe me too Mona - I'm anxiously awaiting. Will we get a message when our sims arrive?

I

imported_SimTripps

I'm waiting for when the merge happens and we therefore have no choice... There's nothing but poverty awaiting in EA Land, so what's the rush? lol...

E

EricaSKID

LOL I have objects from some of my Sims in the other production cities waiting to be moved to my EALand house. Mainly money objects and household stuff.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm waiting for when the merge happens and we therefore have no choice... There's nothing but poverty awaiting in EA Land, so what's the rush? lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, it'd be because EA Land and TC3 have turned the production cities into ghost towns or towns with people locked in their houses crafting their money away so they don't 'lose' it all. What makes me ponder is what do people think they're gonna do with all these crafted goods when nobody has any money to buy them at a decent price, even the sims that have been in EA Land since day 1

G

<blockquote><hr>

What makes me ponder is what do people think they're gonna do with all these crafted goods when nobody has any money to buy them at a decent price, even the sims that have been in EA Land since day 1

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm ... a wild guess, but they could actually use them?

I'm going to wait to hear that the first train gets there safely and over the weekend I'm going to pack up and jump on a train.

Polly

edited to fix quote

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What makes me ponder is what do people think they're gonna do with all these crafted goods when nobody has any money to buy them at a decent price, even the sims that have been in EA Land since day 1

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm ... a wild guess, but they could actually use them?

I'm going to wait to hear that the first train gets there safely and over the weekend I'm going to pack up and jump on a train.

Polly

edited to fix quote

[/ QUOTE ]

Some will, yeah, but others are making extraordinary amounts of crafts, duplicates of the same craft......they can't use em all so ostencibly that would mean they plan to sell them, right?

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it...poverty...that's a good reason to temporarily pass your house off to another one of your sims and move your oldest there with like 5 skills maxed (well, with 108 locks soon within days now my oldet sim will have 18.99 on all skills) so you can be making the money in the meantime to feed your guests when the city your house is in is finally merged.

G

So is the bullet train to ea land ready to go today? Or is the Merge any day now?

G

Hey...if they sell them for §5, that is five more §, than they came in with.

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it...poverty...that's a good reason to temporarily pass your house off to another one of your sims and move your oldest there with like 5 skills maxed (well, with 108 locks soon within days now my oldet sim will have 18.99 on all skills) so you can be making the money in the meantime to feed your guests when the city your house is in is finally merged.

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL true, but with the 'bullet train' means the merge process is around the corner, so what's an extra couple of days wait going to mean? I also have a sim in BF with 108 locks - I don't want to move him yet since he's a bad pizza partner and is currently busy crafting all his money away lol...

B

BarbaraBGS

So, now it appears that the bullet train is a pullman sleeper. Seems we won't see our sims until tomorrow.

As far as eaLand sims being broke, some who started there when the server opened have amassed a great deal of money. I think you will be surprised at the number of houses that look great already.

We are just having a hard time getting used to this fluctuating economy. Flexibility is the key. We can't assume that money items will pay the same from day to day or even hour to hour.

See you all soon. We are having a blast!

M

MonaLittlemore

Well babrbara we have talked about this in game today ,Looks like its going to happen ..I will enjoy being poor ..especially with a a good group of sims that are there ) My bags are packed and ready ..Hope it all comes with me lol

G

Bullet Train is on the Move!

You can now move without your money, property, to ea land!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Howdy, for those of us who are noobs (MEEEEEEE), could you explain how it works exactly? I have a paid account. A few or 4 days ago I clicked the move sim button and requested to be moved to EALand, and got a "request approved" response. Is there an actuall "ride bullet train button coming? My sim is still on Dans Grove, all I see is a "cancel move" button option. Will I wake up one morning and see my sim resettled in EALand when I log in?

G

your sim wont arrive in the new city until after tomorrow mornings maintenance at 7am eastern.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Howdy, for those of us who are noobs (MEEEEEEE), could you explain how it works exactly? I have a paid account. A few or 4 days ago I clicked the move sim button and requested to be moved to EALand, and got a "request approved" response. Is there an actuall "ride bullet train button coming? My sim is still on Dans Grove, all I see is a "cancel move" button option. Will I wake up one morning and see my sim resettled in EALand when I log in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wolfev

Welcome to the forums (and the game)

If move is working as it should and you have requested a move, then yes you will just wake up one morning and find that your sim has arrived in EA-Land. Think of it as getting very drunk and boarding a sleeper train, waking up in the morning in a strange place, with no recollection of what you did the night before or how you got there and then realising that at some stage during your trip, you lost your wallet

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wolfev

If move is working as it should and you have requested a move, then yes you will just wake up one morning and find that your sim has arrived in EA-Land. Think of it as getting very drunk and boarding a sleeper train, waking up in the morning in a strange place, with no recollection of what you did the night before or how you got there and then realising that at some stage during your trip, you lost your wallet

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahaha

Thanks for the reply Polly,

Now I understand. I'll be sure to start drinking hard and heavy every night then to help that sleeper train arrive faster and whisk me (and my money) away to EA Land.......

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wolfev

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahaha

Thanks for the reply Polly,

Now I understand. I'll be sure to start drinking hard and heavy every night then to help that sleeper train arrive faster and whisk me (and my money) away to EA Land.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to make sure you didn't miss the subtle hint. You will be robbed on the train. No money makes it across the border.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wolfev

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Worse that that, Polly.

You get home, only to find that the guvmint has bulldozed your house, and you can't seem to produce the deed to prove that the land is yours.

Kinda makes ya not wanna care when the Vogons roll into town.. ;-)

G

Ah but Billy you should know by now when purchasing a train ticket you hand over the keys to any property or land you might have owned in that city. Sim move has always been that way. The bullet train into EA-Land is no different in that respect.

There are two differences in catching the bullet train (moving to EA-Land) and hopping on a bus between regular production cities (sim move as was) :-

~ when boarding the bullet train you're taking a one way ticket and can never go back

~ somewhere on route any money you have on your person or in your possessions mysteriously disappears

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

EA Land = Hotel California.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can log out any time you like, but you can never leave!
I love it.

My question, since you brought it up, since this is supposed to be like Hotel California, point me to the *goodies* table please *cough*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ah but Billy you should know by now when purchasing a train ticket you hand over the keys to any property or land you might have owned in that city. Sim move has always been that way. The bullet train into EA-Land is no different in that respect.

There are two differences in catching the bullet train (moving to EA-Land) and hopping on a bus between regular production cities (sim move as was) :-

~ when boarding the bullet train you're taking a one way ticket and can never go back

~ somewhere on route any money you have on your person or in your possessions mysteriously disappears

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing "mysterious" about it - Lee takes it while you're looking the other way.
I saw him.

Honest.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Nothing "mysterious" about it - Lee takes it while you're looking the other way.
I saw him.

Honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding, Donavan. Geesh. Did you all really think the pirate shtick was just an act?

F

festrmentmagnet

So, if sims took the bullet train did they get to bring objects into EALand with them?

I was just wondering because I noticed one house has a lot of mystic trees, and I am wondering how they got them in.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So, if sims took the bullet train did they get to bring objects into EALand with them?

I was just wondering because I noticed one house has a lot of mystic trees, and I am wondering how they got them in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the bullet train works just like other sim moves, with the exception that regular sim moves allow you to bring simoleans....the bullet train into EA Land left properties (which all sim moves do) and simoleans (which only the bullet train and the merge do) behind. I anticipate people might get upset over the influx of rares into the city, but amnesty is around the corner anyway so the city will really be flooded then, so rares won't be 'rare' for a while, and anyway nobody has the money to buy rares right now anyway for even a fraction of what they are worth, simolean-wise if you put a simolean value on them. I suspect it'll be 6 months to a year before we see rare items having a 'rare market value', and even then I doubt they bring in 25% of the current rare market value. Just my guess, but based on the new economy and how much harder it is to make money in the new world than the old, I bet people will be hoarding simoleans more, especially if they know that wanting big amounts very fast again means handing EA more cold hard cash in the form of buying the simoleans at their nearest ATM.

G

Hmmm , my sim arrived in EA-LAnd penniless, as expected, but with no house or property.....now what?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hmmm , my sim arrived in EA-LAnd penniless, as expected, but with no house or property.....now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was to be expected....it was iterated that the bullet train was without property several times....those that wanted to move with property were told they'd have to wait for the city merges to happen, and at that point would arrive only penniless, but with their houses

Unless by property you mean items......the items should have moved with you if they were in your inventory just like they would in any other sim move. Did your inventory arrive blank to, whereas when you set out to move you had items in it?