• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bulk Order Deeds

Bluebell

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi all

Is there anyone in UO these days selling bods? There used to be several vendors selling them in years gone by. I am hoping to reopen my Bod vendors but don't now howt o price them especially with all the recent changes.
It may be that I am not using the right words in UO vendor search. I search A bulk order deed and get a few free ones but not any in books. I have a few iron for sale in a book but no luck so far searching for them. I have tried 'katana bulk order deed', Katana, Bulk order deed, smith BOD etc - Nothing. Perhaps its not possible to find them in the present system.

Hopefully someone can help

Glneora - Bluebells Crystal Garden Europa

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
For the record, we have a BoD trading forum here: Crafting and Bulk Order Deed Trade . We opened it up around the time of the BoD changes earlier in the year, but it didn't get a lot of activity. After you get some of your pricing squared away, you can always consider posting up sales threads there.

Also, maybe repost this in the Trader's Hall for a price check?

Good luck!

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen bod sellers on a few shards.. but to be honest the prices don't fit the bods anymore.
who in their right mind will pay 50k for a bod worth in any combo 350 pts .... is beyond me or they didn't notice the bods have changed in value.
And as for the new skills in bods... not many have booked them for sale as of yet...

On uo.com there is a full listing of the bods and the rewards /points given.
I noticed now its more of a count thing not what kind that matters...
Meaning you can get 20 ct gold of any kind and its still worth set points when turned in...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I probably need to restock (been ignoring my BOD vendors while training my pet, and doing 200+ accumulated t-maps and almost 200 SOS).

But, on LA my vendor sells smalls that fit the larges for the top 3 tiers of Tailor rewards (120 scrolls, horned kit, barbed kit) for 3k each.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I probably need to restock (been ignoring my BOD vendors while training my pet, and doing 200+ accumulated t-maps and almost 200 SOS).

But, on LA my vendor sells smalls that fit the larges for the top 3 tiers of Tailor rewards (120 scrolls, horned kit, barbed kit) for 3k each.
Who are you kidding, there's practically NOTHING for sale on Lake Austin.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you do decide to open a bod vendor, please note that the vendor search will not find your vendor if all your bods are in bod books. To counteract this, you either have to have a few bods priced and floating in your vendor pack (which eventually get bought and have to be replaced) or perhaps a "advertisement" item which many use a rune or a tool and put a price on it (which still can be bought but 324 gold for a mortar and pestle is fairly safe) and say in the description "bods bulk order deeds for alchemy in bag" so it will show up on vendor search.

I personally have no set pricing schema but offer all my bods at 1k to 3k per. They don't sell well but to be fair most of my vendors are in Fel. If I was to seriously look at a pricing schema for bods (say for alchemy), I would go to the uo.com wiki ( Alchemy Bulk Orders – Ultima Online ) and set it at 300 gold/point for larges, 200 gold/point for smalls that fit those larges, and 100 gold/point for smalls that don't go to any larges, and throw out stuff like nexus core bods because not too many people in their right mind would waste 50 dark sapphires and 50 crushed glass for mere 110 points (which will actually be divided by 50 to only give you 2.2 points to bank) for filling the 10 qty Nexus Core deed . Sorry. Started to rant there. Hope the other suggestion helps.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Who are you kidding, there's practically NOTHING for sale on Lake Austin.
True, but I like to buck that trend by actually selling stuff. I currently have a vendor that has, among other things, frostwood fishing poles made with runic saws, blackrock stew, forged pardons, ASH+30s, POF, and Invulnerability-level refinements (because I loot them all and combine like mad - doing 1 shy of 200 SOS in the last 2 weeks, and 200+ T-maps in June, resulted in somewhere between 10-20 of them after amalgamations - in one case, looting one "defense" level reduced my house count by 10 after combining, as I had 1 shy of combining in all 4 lesser types, and the Invuln refinement went straight to the vendor after combining empted the box they were in).

One of the members of UMP sells repair deeds, and lower-end stuff, etc.

Ironically, we also give away tons of loot that people probably charge for on Atlantic. I've been hauling back med-to-high range cursed and clean loot from maps, SOS and bosses, enhancing it (breaking eliminates about 2/3 of the items), and donating it to the new/returning player center along with lots of brittle and antique stuff - at a rate that the center quickly runs out of storage - for a the rest of the week. Once the stuff is actually sorted and made available, the person running the center has a hard time keeping the free suits in stock in the public-access chests in the house.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Perhaps they should make BODs bank their FAME value as BOD points. It would make banking lower BODs more attractive, with little impact on the banking of large BODs.

Fame from BODs works as follows:

1. Take the current max point value of the BOD.
  2. Divide by 50, dropping all Fractions.*
  3. Square the result.
* For banking, something would need to be done differently for base-material 10-15 normal smalls, as this result goes to 0. Not Rounding actually results in LOWER numbers for fractions below 0. Use current fractional point values, instead? One could also get rid of the rounding for the higher values, as well, or move it until after the "Squaring" step

So, a 50 point BOD gives 1 Fame, and would bank as 1 point (the same as it currently does, IIRC).
A 100 point BOD gives 4 Fame (2x2), and in this new system would bank for 4 points (instead of 2)
A 200-225 point mall BOD gives 16 Fame, and would give 16 points instead of the current 4 for a small.
***BUT a large in that range would also only give 16, compared to the current system where it would bank several times that (40 at 200, 42 at 210, 45 at 225)

At 500 points value, (10x10, or 100 points), the small BODs would now be worth the same as current larges of the same value, for banking. Ex: 20 Ex Shadow Small (smith), compared to 20 Normal Shadow LBOD Ringmail.

At 750 points value (15x15, or 225 Fame), using the Fame value would give 225 Fame for both small and large, compared to 15 points for a small and 150 points for a large. (example BODs: 20 Ex Verite small, 20 Normal Copper LBOD Plate, 20 Normal LBOD Chain)

Lastly, under this system, if someone was foolish enough to bank a 20 EX Valorite LBOD plate (1200 points), it would bank for 576 points, instead the current 240.

A change in this matter would make larges under 500 points less likely to be filled, encourage more filling of low-end smalls with no large, and increase the LBOD Banking point values for BODs with values over 500.

Sorry - brain fart - said luck several times where I meant fame

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea I noticed that too...
I was not one for the Bane fighting way back when and didn't get the recipe for blackrock stew....
To get it now I am not sure its still gettable... Perhaps add it in to a reward in a choice of recipe offered?
I was able to find how to get the rootworm... My thief was not a cook bit was able to help get this one..
These odd bods are stacking up..... have you tried to fill a fruitbowl one??
To fill it you need wooden bowls... you cant buy them empty.
To get you need to buy up bowls of peas or lettuce or anything that leaves a wooden bowl behind.
Now that don't sound bad till you try to empty a bod worth of those peas......
I went through every account worth of my characters to eat enough to do 4 bods... as of yet only 1 mind you got hungry enough to eat 1 more bowl of peas..
Oh and as a side note the bowls of peas don't stack....
Who ever came up with the bods was good at creating the list of required items.. but was poorly advised as to the cost of making that item really is.
To this I also went hunting for tribal berries....
I don't know about you but I am finding LESS berries then I did before they upped the amount or so they say...

If the Dev needs help on creating recipe's and list of items to do so just ask... I am sure we cooks will be happy to help with this.

AS for the other Bods... Maybe you should ask yourself if I was a normal player would I have access to this in this amount? Before you go release it.

Reminds me of the items you need to make with peerless stuff... taint.... omg 1 piece or 3 and then not all the time ... another not so bright idea we got stuck with.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im a BoD addict... admitting it is the first step I think. Currently I have 40-45k bods on my home shard and have chars on Atl to gather more which I shard shield about once a month to bring home bods worth filling. I would love to see an update to the rewards or at least some changes to map timers. My biggest problem is keeping things sorted. I can spend a full day organizing them!!

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ive been wanting to the devs to make it so I can price all bods in a book, the same price, an option. I have many many bod to get rid of on napa. sent message

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did the blackrock stew recipe quest about a year ago. So moderately easy to still get it.

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Great Lakes I sell BODs. You may not like the price though, my method is based on the value of the reward. A single BOD that fills a six part large to gain a horned runic for example. Runic sells for 900k divided by six, so I price the bod at 150k. But I trade BODs all the time too. The vendor search does not list BODs in Books, which is a bummer. An even bigger bummer is pricing the bods, I too like the idea of being able to price all BODs in a book at once.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Great Lakes I sell BODs. You may not like the price though, my method is based on the value of the reward. A single BOD that fills a six part large to gain a horned runic for example. Runic sells for 900k divided by six, so I price the bod at 150k. But I trade BODs all the time too. The vendor search does not list BODs in Books, which is a bummer. An even bigger bummer is pricing the bods, I too like the idea of being able to price all BODs in a book at once.
So you dont reduce the price even though there is no materials used? Unless you sell them filled? Just curious.

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you dont reduce the price even though there is no materials used? Unless you sell them filled? Just curious.
I do not sell BODs for a living. It is mostly to benefit if someone just needs one to complete the order. Since I do BODs, there is no time for hunting and gathering. I utilize a broker in New Magincia to buy Leather and Ingots, even Rotworm Meat and Triibal Berries. BOD Books with BODs unpriced on vendors has always been a pet peave of mine, so I try to keep them priced. As mentioned before pricing each one in a book is a lot of clicking, time is also money :D I trade all the time, pm me if you want to trade on Great Lakes.

Bluebell

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just been reading the comments. Thx everyone. Lots of use ideas and info for me to think about.

I used to run quite a successful bod shop. Then I moved my shop and didn't get it back up and running. Time was always the issue and it hasn't changed. The vendors are set up and I just need the time to price. Are the any time vendors out there?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I do not sell BODs for a living. It is mostly to benefit if someone just needs one to complete the order. Since I do BODs, there is no time for hunting and gathering. I utilize a broker in New Magincia to buy Leather and Ingots, even Rotworm Meat and Triibal Berries. BOD Books with BODs unpriced on vendors has always been a pet peave of mine, so I try to keep them priced. As mentioned before pricing each one in a book is a lot of clicking, time is also money :D I trade all the time, pm me if you want to trade on Great Lakes.
I split the difference, price wise.

Given that on my shard, when you can find it for sale instead of gathering it personally, the material to fill the non-base-materal BODs for tailor and Smith costs more than most of the rewards, I wouldn't even START to think of taking the reward value and simply dividing it by the parts.

A typical small BOD (we'll assume 20-part, since many will be bribed) takes 20 items that consume around 12 units of raw material. That's for turning stuff in as SMALL.

So, that's 240 colored leather or ingots, at 200+ gold per unit, or an expenditure of around 50k in resources. However, most places sell it by the 1000, 5000, 10000, or 60000. For higher end materials, that unit cost is 500k or more (I've actually seen people charging close to 1000 gold per ingot for valorite - and people willing to pay)

A LARGE BOD is different in the following ways (assuming colored).
  • requires a number of smalls (4-6)
  • the smalls typically consume 1500-2000 ingots or leather total (more if you don't use talismans and/or ASH)
  • So, the investment in filling a BOD for immediate claim of the reward (not banking) is typically 300k-2 million gold, minus a gold reward that tops out well less than that.
  • For banking, you don't even get the gold, IIRC.

As a result, small tailor BODs get a uniform price of about 3k. Larges are so rare I can fill them within 5 minutes of getting them (I have smalls waiting for most rewards worth claiming)
Smith BODs get a price of about 1k for armor smalls that have a large, as I rarely put anything higher than Bronze on a sale vendor. Larges depend on what their metal is already, and what the reward tops out at, as to get to Agapite or higher hammers might take 5-8 bribes costing several hundred thousand, or more. Only the larges get priced in the (low)5 digits (as again, I usually keep the gold and higher BODs for myself).

By using uniform pricing and the classic client, pricing BODs is tedious, but not as bad as it could be.

Step one: click first blue dot, price first BOD, hit Enter.
Steps 2-500: (turn page if you need to), click next blue dot, CTRL-Q, Enter.

The CTRL-Q brings up your last typed entry to be repeated. so if you put your mouse next to your keyboard, you can CTRL-Q with your left hand, and hit the Enter on the number pad with your right hand's thumb as you're moving the mouse BARELY between BODs. Very few keystrokes or hand movements required.

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I split the difference, price wise.

Step one: click first blue dot, price first BOD, hit Enter.
Steps 2-500: (turn page if you need to), click next blue dot, CTRL-Q, Enter.

The CTRL-Q brings up your last typed entry to be repeated.

Thank you so much for the tip with CTRL Q, I am such a noob, only been playing 12 years.
When I get a new computer then will upgrade to the enhanced client.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A lot of us still blow people's mind in CC by using the CTRL-S and CTRL-B (chest-thump Salute & Bow commands respectively), as the last time they were in any documentation was before AoS, with the possible exception of a short-cut list chart for 7th or 8th anniversary box. CTRL-Q (and going the other way through the lines with CTRL-W) is a lost art, from lack of documentation for people who started play in the digital download era.

For that matter, many non-RPers don't know about using a colon for *emoting* in UO, the command for whispering, etc.