• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bulk Order Deeds, UOBOD

zarobhr

Visitor
way back in the day me and many others i am sure used i program called UOBod to keep track of bods offline
its still available, if your just doing tailor and smith bods, but has not been updated any many years
since it does not interact in any way with OU, i feel safe with it.
but do to the fact that it has not been pdated in so long if there would be any interest in me rewriting it from scratch with all the new bod tinkering,carpentry etc, to it

i have already started, but if there is any interest, i will be needing some feed back and suggestions for it
thanks

That's interesting that you make this post. I am the author of UO Bulk Order Deeds program that can be found on the Stratics website. I stopped updating it when I quite UO ~8 years ago. I have recently come back and already have a newer version of the reward calculator part completed...and will be working on the collection / import part here shortly...

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Will it be an approved 3rd party program
Generally, approved proggies are those that don't mess with the data stream. UOCurse was one, UOCart is another - it reads but does not alter server. UOBod uses the vendor agent in UOAssist to plug data in a spreadsheet format as @Pawain states.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Generally, approved proggies are those that don't mess with the data stream. UOCurse was one, UOCart is another - it reads but does not alter server. UOBod uses the vendor agent in UOAssist to plug data in a spreadsheet format as @Pawain states.
Well if it does plug in to UOAssist and receive data from the game then it would be best to do that step so it is clear that it can be used. And now is the time for that.

It will need a lot of rewriting because the rewards are not random. And you can bank points.

Good luck to the programmer on getting it updated.

It does not interact with UO at all. It will support all 8 professions. There will be an import feature that lets you use the 3d clients "Export Items to File" macro results as well.

I already have the 8 professions working as the calculator part. I might release it with just that, to get other feedback, and get collections in shortly thereafter.

EDIT: For those of you that don't use the 3d client...I don't have UOAssist. My old account that had it is gone, and I don't plan on purchasing it again. That said, if UOAssist has some form of export feature, which I think it might, and maybe my old version supported it, I will try and get support for that file format as well.

Last edited:
Here are some early screenshots, for your reference.

Main Screen: Dropbox - UOBODMainScreen.png
Profession Calculator: Dropbox - UOBODProfessionScreen.png

I have all of the Large Bulk Order deeds and their respective Small Bulk Order Deeds in the program now. I am working on adding in the non-combinable Small Bulk Order Deeds for completeness. Also, working on an self-update feature, bug/feeback submission, and the collections as well. The self-update feature and bug/feedback submission will be backed by the webserver I run here from my home, so you shouldn't have to rely on my sending updates to Stratics. Collections are planned to allow you to specify an Account/House/Vendor/Bulk Order Deed book for easier locating. I also plan on letting you track your banked points (which will have to be done manually unfortunately).

I want to put in something dealing with the bribe system, but the problem is, I've run into too many inconsistencies from within the game on bribing in general. For instance...I cannot bribe a 20 count normal Magical Shortbow in the game; however, you CAN receive a Magical Shortbow Bulk Order Deed that is Ash, and you CAN bribe that one. I don't know why UO won't let you bribe the other one. So, the inconsistency of not knowing what Bulk Order Deeds can be bribed and not...I don't feel that there is a consistent solution for that... Unless someone else knows better.

And before you gripe about the color scheme/UI...I'm not a UI person...but hey, it looks 10x better than the old version IMO.

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well if it does plug in to UOAssist and receive data from the game then it would be best to do that step so it is clear that it can be used. And now is the time for that.

It will need a lot of rewriting because the rewards are not random. And you can bank points.

Good luck to the programmer on getting it updated.
Essentially - in the current proggie - you would use UOA vendor agent to scan BODs in a pack and get the list of them in the More Information window of UOA. Copy that list to the clipboard and then in UOBod, there is an import function that is basically a paste from clipboard.

You have to manually update completions, deletions (from turnins) and such. If UOA is not being used, the BODs can be entered manually ... which is a royal pain as compared to copy/paste.

Data for UOBod is UO ==> UOA Vendor Agent ==> clipboard ==> UOBod and there is a) no direct acquisition from UO to UOBod and b) UOBod does not even communicate to UO any changes you make.

I see the creator of UOBod has also replied. I personally am looking forward to the new/improved version.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It does not interact with UO at all. It will support all 8 professions. There will be an import feature that lets you use the 3d clients "Export Items to File" macro results as well.

I already have the 8 professions working as the calculator part. I might release it with just that, to get other feedback, and get collections in shortly thereafter.

EDIT: For those of you that don't use the 3d client...I don't have UOAssist. My old account that had it is gone, and I don't plan on purchasing it again. That said, if UOAssist has some form of export feature, which I think it might, and maybe my old version supported it, I will try and get support for that file format as well.
The UOA usage was to copy to clipboard the information window for the vendor agent. Sooo, I see the new version of your program doing a paste operation. I have/use UOA so I can get sceenies and such for you to see things.

Well hot dang. Cracked open the old proggy, and would you believe that this is in there:

Code:
//Check for Clipboard data from UOA
if (Clipboard.ContainsData(DataFormats.Text) == true)
{
I likely can re-use that entire part.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well hot dang. Cracked open the old proggy, and would you believe that this is in there:

Code:
//Check for Clipboard data from UOA
if (Clipboard.ContainsData(DataFormats.Text) == true)
{
I likely can re-use that entire part.
that be it! I was business IT for 40 years ... coding, database admin and more. That's as close to a "BINGO!" as you can get.

A new version of the app that is hosted on Ultima Online Bulk Order Deeds - Old Stratics is in the works. I wanted to get the notice out now, since UO players seem to want one.

After a long hiatus from UO, I am back playing, and am back in the BOD game. Obviously, lots of changes have been made to the BOD system, and I’m scrambling to catch up with them.

An ALPHA version of my program can be found here: Dropbox - UOBulkOrderDeedsRevisited.msi. It is only a calculator at this point, but I figured it would be best to get it out sooner than later.

I am certainly open for suggestions, but the following features are in the works:
  1. Collection System
  2. Bulk Order Deed combine report
    1. Limited bribe system, since there seems to be some inconsistencies with what you can and cannot bribe (e.g., Slayer Longbow cannot be bribed to exceptional or a better material, but you can get an exceptional and better material BOD for one…what the hell Broadsword?).
  3. Update feature that will check for updates to the app, download, and install it.
  4. Feedback Submission.
What is already present in the app:
  1. Reward calculator for all professions.
    1. Only includes combinable BODs, with exception to Tailor and Blacksmith, since I imported my BOD data from my prior version. Some may be mis-named, but I am still working on that.
What I need from the community:
  1. If you use the 3D client, any exports of your BOD collections.
  2. If you use UOAssist, the same thing from point #1.
  3. Feedback and suggestions.
Any feedback is welcome, and can be sent to [email protected].

This version of the app requires .NET 4.7 installed, as I’ve stepped up in the world, moving away from WinForms to WPF.

THANKS!!!!!!!

I've had to be on hiatus a bit on this project due to family and work concerns...but I've picked it back up and have recently added the beginnings of the "Add to Collection" stuff. That said, I'm going to do something I didn't do with my initial release - I'm going to release the source code. Please keep in mind that this project is still very much a work in progress, and there is a looooong way to go with it. The purpose of releasing the source at this stage is...I guess to show progress.

I use Visual Studio Team Foundation Server. I have no plans on moving to something like BitBucket. Yes this means that you need to create a free VSTS account and send me the email address you use to sign in with so I can give you read access. It's a bit of a pain in the butt, I know, but it's what I have and what I use. If you are interested, send me your email, and I will add you and send you a link to the dashboard where you can view the code.

I wish there was anonymous access...but it's just not a thing with this version control.

Alright, screw this Microsoft-specific no-anon stuff. I've converted to GitHub. KevinAllenWiegand/UO-Bulk-Order-Deeds-Revisited.

Also - and I don't have my hopes up - but I've contacted Broadsword about being a more official application to get better access to import Bulk Order Deeds. I'm not holding my breath, but the BOD system is huge, and it would be nice to import directly from UO better and "officially". *If* I get the ability to access the UO stream from them directly, that does mean that I will have to close the source, at least, on that part of the project.

Last edited:
Whew. I got a lot of work completed the last few days. The collection view is "completed" and has support for various filters, and there is an Import Plugin framework available. There are no built-in importers as of yet, but if you are a developer and feel inclined to create your own importer, the framework needed to do so is there. My DropBox has been updated with the latest installer as well.

I still have to complete some other major items:
1) Auto Update
2) Bug reports
3) Import from previous version
4) Large BOD combine report

Thorin

Visitor
Do you have a installation download available for this program? I downloaded the source from git but I am not very experienced with visual studio and couldn't really figure out how to build the projects. I used the old version of this long ago, and recently returned to UO and would love an updated version of your program. Thanks!

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I know I'm resurrecting a dead thread but this is something I'm just getting back into myself and could use the guide to figure out how to proceed with my bods (and if i should bribe them higher)