• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Bulk Order Deed Gathering, need for two accounts?

R

Rocklin

I have been trying to increase my bulk order deed turn-over by adding a second account with six level seventy smith/tailors. I have three of the six smiths done so far, but I am starting to wonder if it is a smart idea.

What I am trying to do is weigh the pro's and con's of a second account versus a single account with a smith that can generate enough basic BoD's to turn in and cycle through. My main account has space for three more characters to develop. I was thinking that I should turn those characters into the Smith/Tailors and get rid of the second account.

I guess I should be asking if there is any MAJOR benefit to having six more BoD runners. It seems with the current turn over system in place, my main Smith can do fine. I don't need a second house for anything, and I can't see what an extra $13 will give me that I really need.

Anyone have an opinion. I know some of you are major BoD hunters, do you use two or more accounts? I would be curious to hear how you do it.

Thank you for your time, Rock

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
personally I run one crafter on one account and have a second account for my son you can get a few more (free) bods a day with 2 accounts but seems like a waste of potential templates to me! and or money now to start with I used to have .1 on all my guys just so I could build up my supply of bods but after a while you hit criticle mass and they become self sustaining

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have 3 accounts, but that's mainly because I inherited two accounts from departing players (one got to play a week before losing internet access for over a year, by which time the account was pretty much mine).

One of them has became my primary account for crafting (only my extreme miner and my bowcrafter are on my main account).

Storm's suggestion is the best for someone seeking to maximize one account's output. Plus, you can try to find people on other shards, to arrange to have BOD runners on each other's shards, to get even more BODs from one account.

R

Rocklin

Thanks for the replies, both of you are so helpful on these forums! ~ Rock

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You don't need 2 accounts.

With .1 smith or tailor you can get a really junk bod (like cloth nm or iron daggers) on your .1 char EVERY HOUR. Take those bods, fill them and turn in with your smith/tailor. Everytime you turn one in, you get a new bod.

Recruit a few friends to grab .1 smith and tailor and collect for you.

In no time you will have a few books of 100 junk bods you can keep recycling. Out of every 100 tailor your tun in - you get about 50 cloth to recycle. Keep doing it until you've turned all 100 of those into non-cloth.

Then take all the leather normal bods and fill with leather items you purchase from the NPC. Yes, thats right - NPC bought items work in bods. Then turn those in and get more bods. None of the leather normal ones are worth doing besides 20 nm 6 piece.

I

ianubisi

I found that with 1 crafter and 5 other .1 mules (easy to give up .2 points in my templates) I was able to churn up enough junk BODs to recycle that I have more to recycle than I care to. I would say out of every 10 I recycle I get 1 really good one (horned/gold runic or better), 2 decent ones (bless deeds, bronze runic, etc...) and 2 or so that I don't mind keeping (good POFs and spineds). The rest I just churn.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've found that if you can get up to about 200 junk BODs, you don't even really need to even have the 0.1s, as you'll get about 70-90% junk back, and can effectively sustain a large pool of BODs to turn in with your pulls with one character, so long as you don't turn in junk BODs more than twice a week or so.