• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Builds for bane Dragons

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant seem to find anything About bane Dragons? But since they where similar to dread Mares stat and skill wise I thought the builds after the taming changes might apply to both? Well the bane drag has Poison as skill

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I cant seem to find anything About bane Dragons? But since they where similar to dread Mares stat and skill wise I thought the builds after the taming changes might apply to both? Well the bane drag has Poison as skill
They do not stat and skill the same. I believe @Donavon has posted some builds in this forum. They probably make the best killer pet in this game. They are rare and in high demand also. You have any of these?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning, Nukeworker, if any of your banes have str near the 547-555 range they are among the few banes that can go chiv spec and are worth a great deal as very very few banes in the game have the point value to make a good chiv build.. My chiv bane is one of my favorite pets as it has the explosive burst of chiv, the banes passive keeps the recoil from EOO in check ,as well as filling in the one short comining of chiv pets, which is lack of aoe.. If you have any questions the top 2 links don't answer feel free to message me anytime or post.. banes are by far my favorite pet in the game...so I always delight in seeing new ones on the battle field.. hope this helps.. if needed my door is always open =^-^=

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Donavan--
Why the Str range of 547-555?
I had 3 Banes and I lost one when the new taming stuff came out. I have been reluctant to do anything with the remaining 2. Neither of mine have the strength of 547.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Morning, Nukeworker, if any of your banes have str near the 547-555 range they are among the few banes that can go chiv spec and are worth a great deal as very very few banes in the game have the point value to make a good chiv build.. My chiv bane is one of my favorite pets as it has the explosive burst of chiv, the banes passive keeps the recoil from EOO in check ,as well as filling in the one short comining of chiv pets, which is lack of aoe.. If you have any questions the top 2 links don't answer feel free to message me anytime or post.. banes are by far my favorite pet in the game...so I always delight in seeing new ones on the battle field.. hope this helps.. if needed my door is always open =^-^=
Thank you very much for your help and advice!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Donavan--
Why the Str range of 547-555?
I had 3 Banes and I lost one when the new taming stuff came out. I have been reluctant to do anything with the remaining 2. Neither of mine have the strength of 547.
It's important to have Str maxed out on any pet for maximum DPS. If you have a Bane that has Str below a certain point and you try to put a Chiv template on it, you won't be able to max out Str without being short of points.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well then that sucks, I have been training mine but not the new training. I make sure I put him up every night. Dont want another pet going to that mysterious place and never to be heard from again

Thanks for the response

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Railshot is kind of correct. Hit Points and Resists count just as much as Strength. However hit points can be less important because Bane Dragons start with high hit points, do you dont have to add anything there. So then you have to compare resists and strength.

What it comes down to the lower the natural spawning strength/resists of your bane, the less str/stam/regen and pure mana you will be able to put on your bane while maximizing Str (and things like mana regen, etc). If you are not planning on doing 120 scrolls on your bane, it opens up the option of Chiv (should always be a 120 chiv scroll though) on lower intensity animals while maintaining more regens and mana.

I would suggest trying out the intensity calculator and pet planner on our website with your various banes to see what builds are possible.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well then that sucks, I have been training mine but not the new training. I make sure I put him up every night. Dont want another pet going to that mysterious place and never to be heard from again

Thanks for the response
It's not the end of the world - merely that Chiv might not be the best option. You can still make a great Magery Bane even with inintial Str low.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looking at your Banes, [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Bane Two[/bcolor] has 76% of resists, which is pretty good along with high strength (544). (follow the link to see it's intensity)

You could plan something like this or this. You can use those links to play around with planning your pet to how you would like it.

And here is how Chiv/AI would play out on one of your lesser Bane Dragons. That is Bane Thursday III.

Some things to note. 115 to 120 tactics scroll is 1 point of damage per hit but costs 50 intensity points and quite a bit of potential gold.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Info appreciate here also, Don. Can you explain what you mean by the recoil from Enemy of One being kept in check by the Bane's passive. This sounds very intersting/intriguing.

Gardo

Journeyman
Looking at your Banes, [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Bane Two[/bcolor] has 76% of resists, which is pretty good along with high strength (544). (follow the link to see it's intensity)

You could plan something like this or this. You can use those links to play around with planning your pet to how you would like it.

And here is how Chiv/AI would play out on one of your lesser Bane Dragons. That is Bane Thursday III.

Some things to note. 115 to 120 tactics scroll is 1 point of damage per hit but costs 50 intensity points and quite a bit of potential gold.
Really appreciate those examples and your insight. Helps me a great deal with the decisions I need to make on the banes I got for my wife and myself

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all, been resting up so haven't been on for more then a for moments off and on.. Oh yes the passive of the bane is a grand thing when it comes to ene of one as EOO causes your chiv pet to take increased damage from mobs other then the name type of the one its fighting... Well the passive negates nearly half of the recoil caused by enemy of one.. making it so its hardly noticed on a bane... plus the passive makes a bane feel like a pet with 700-800 HP when it only has 500-600 because of the huge amount of damage it side steps.. I wish more banes could be chiv... but I've only come across 11-12 in the last year and some change(That had great stats rather).. But as the others said if ya have a bane with at least 547-555 str, good RS,then its a spec worth checking out on test.. make sure if your bane starts below 125 dex and stam that your train it normally to that cap before using the new training system.. it only saves 15 points but with banes every lil bit helps.. As Rail said.. even if the bane can't be chiv these are amazing pets and in my view the best aoe combo pet n the game... I love using my magery bane on monsters with reflect like Daemon spawn and certain EM champs.. as the steady damage is a lot Ezier to heal then the burst of 250-350 at a time.. hope this helps.. sorry my post are so few and far inbetween.. but it looks like the forums have been doing wonderfully .. thanks to all those testers that help those new to this stuff.. you guys are aces.. =^-^=
P.S. sorry if this is abit hard to understand had 5 mins to write it.. will proof read it later.. lol

Last edited:

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
jeez my head is buzzing!!! I Always thought i was good at math LOL so according to my Chart i can try out chiv/AI with my Bane Dragon "Bane two" and the others just leave it at magery?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
jeez my head is buzzing!!! I Always thought i was good at math LOL so according to my Chart i can try out chiv/AI with my Bane Dragon "Bane two" and the others just leave it at magery?
I would not bother with math or charts. The formulas that we, the users, know may be inacurate or incomplete. Copy your tamer to the test shard. Use instant training gates. Spend 2 minutes building your pet as you want it. And you will know more or less whether the points work out or not.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would not bother with math or charts. The formulas that we, the users, know may be inacurate or incomplete. Copy your tamer to the test shard. Use instant training gates. Spend 2 minutes building your pet as you want it. And you will know more or less whether the points work out or not.
The formulas are accurate. We have spent a lot of time validating the known damage formulas through in-game testing, and the numbers line up with the math. We provide several damage calculators on our website which will do all the math for you, so you just need to enter your data:

- Pet Damage Calculator | uo-cah.com
- Effective Damage Calculator | uo-cah.com

Copying your Tamer/Pet to TC to test builds is great, however there is a massive common mistake in your advice that a lot of people also make. Spending 2-minutes to build your pet on TC does not level the pet's magic skill. A pet with 40 chiv vs 120 chiv is a completely different pet. This is how a lot of misinformation on this forum gets spread -- people train a pet on TC, take it to Destard or Balrons and kill a few things, and don't think it performs well because it only has 40 magical skill.

We see this on live as well, someone will mention how they don't like Chiv on their pet and they feel X spec does more damage. When we look at their chiv pet and we see chiv is only around 70-80 skill.

If you don't have the time to level your pet's magic on TC (which I don't blame you), see if you can find someone willing to give you a trained pet on TC with a similar spec to what you are going for. I know @Khaelor and Myself could probably provide several pet varieties on TC with trained magical for people to take a test run at, I believe in the past @Donavon also offered this for players too. I'm sure @Pawain could spare a Cu or 20 on TC if you ask nicely and tell him you hate flappies~

I know not everyone likes to trust formulas, math, theorycrafting, etc. and you would rather see for yourself which pet performs better, but make sure you level your pet's magics when testing~ Also make sure you are testing different pets on equivalent content. If a mob is strong to physical and weak to, say, cold damage, a 100% physical pet is going to clearly perform worse than a cold damage pet. Find like-resist mobs to test your pets again :)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The formulas are accurate. We have spent a lot of time validating the known damage formulas through in-game testing, and the numbers line up with the math. We provide several damage calculators on our website which will do all the math for you, so you just need to enter your data:

- Pet Damage Calculator | uo-cah.com
- Effective Damage Calculator | uo-cah.com

Copying your Tamer/Pet to TC to test builds is great, however there is a massive common mistake in your advice that a lot of people also make. Spending 2-minutes to build your pet on TC does not level the pet's magic skill. A pet with 40 chiv vs 120 chiv is a completely different pet. This is how a lot of misinformation on this forum gets spread -- people train a pet on TC, take it to Destard or Balrons and kill a few things, and don't think it performs well because it only has 40 magical skill.

We see this on live as well, someone will mention how they don't like Chiv on their pet and they feel X spec does more damage. When we look at their chiv pet and we see chiv is only around 70-80 skill.

If you don't have the time to level your pet's magic on TC (which I don't blame you), see if you can find someone willing to give you a trained pet on TC with a similar spec to what you are going for. I know @Khaelor and Myself could probably provide several pet varieties on TC with trained magical for people to take a test run at, I believe in the past @Donavon also offered this for players too. I'm sure @Pawaincould spare a Cu or 20 on TC if you ask nicely and tell him you hate flappies~

I know not everyone likes to trust formulas, math, theorycrafting, etc. and you would rather see for yourself which pet performs better, but make sure you level your pet's magics when testing~ Also make sure you are testing different pets on equivalent content. If a mob is strong to physical and weak to, say, cold damage, a 100% physical pet is going to clearly perform worse than a cold damage pet. Find like-resist mobs to test your pets again :)
My advice was given in reference to point allocation, not combat performance. If I want to see if I can fit Goo, AI, SW and certain stats on a specific pet, the easiest and most reliable way for me is to just go to Test and see if it fits. This is not necessarily a good idea if the devs happen to be rebalancing the pets at the time (TC may be different from production).
I did not mean to cast shadow on all the excellent work you did with testing, modeling and coding (kudos for that). I just still remember the times when you had to pick certain abilities before others, or when levels would jump for no reason, and the most reliable way to determine what happens was test ;)[/QUOTE]

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My advice was given in reference to point allocation, not combat performance. If I want to see if I can fit Goo, AI, SW and certain stats on a specific pet, the easiest and most reliable way for me is to just go to Test and see if it fits. This is not necessarily a good idea if the devs happen to be rebalancing the pets at the time (TC may be different from production).
I did not mean to cast shadow on all the excellent work you did with testing, modeling and coding (kudos for that). I just still remember the times when you had to pick certain abilities before others, or when levels would jump for no reason, and the most reliable way to determine what happens was test ;)
Sorry, I misread your other post -- I thought you were referencing combat performance and ignoring math/charts relating to that. The advice still holds true for anyone testing combat performance though -- level those magics!

For actual training however, the Planner Tool we created (Pet Planner | uo-cah.com) is accurate and the builds @Khaelor linked are based off the pet stats given above. It's definitely a good starting place to see how builds will work out. You can easily adjust the spec with the planner tool, instead of trying a spec on TC and then having to wait 24 hours to copy again and try again.

Once you find a spec you are happy with, I definitely agree copying to TC first and applying the build there just to make sure you didn't miss anything in the planner. Particularly important for Legacy and unobtainable pets.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah leveling chiv is a pain! So i get my smitty out let him dig out a shadowore Elly and let my pet just blast him. I discord the Elly so i dont Need bandies to heal

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Darn i just realizid you gave me some links for a build LOL I appreciate very much thank you!

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
upload_2019-2-26_9-48-29.png

I know my Bane isn't stellar (AOH - intensity is 44.64%) but literally it was the only one for sale in Magincia that wasn't astronomical - more of a vanity pet really but want to optimize it for maybe clearing the daemon spawns in Wind. Do they start at 4 slot? If so I don't have much to work with given it's just one pass... any recommendations for build?

Attachments

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 95041

I know my Bane isn't stellar (AOH - intensity is 44.64%) but literally it was the only one for sale in Magincia that wasn't astronomical - more of a vanity pet really but want to optimize it for maybe clearing the daemon spawns in Wind. Do they start at 4 slot? If so I don't have much to work with given it's just one pass... any recommendations for build?
How much did you pay for this 4 slot bane? They were 4 slot when pub 97 came out and then there was a period where you could drop them to 3. Most are 3 slot when fresh.

Max the Str. Dex, stam, max base base swing speed.

Then you have decisions to make.

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
How much did you pay for this 4 slot bane? They were 4 slot when pub 97 came out and then there was a period where you could drop them to 3. Most are 3 slot when fresh.

95k... I'll likely just use it for AoE spawn clearing (Orc Cave for unraveling items maybe) - so Goo+AI be managable?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
95 K???? Lucky!

Max those things above and you will have around 800 points left Goo and AI 600 points left.

Good Luck!

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
95 K???? Lucky!

Max those things above and you will have around 800 points left Goo and AI 600 points left.

Good Luck!
Yeah, for that price I was OK with it being 4 slot (although 3 slot would have been awesome!) I found it in Magincia on a vendor, at that price I couldn't pass it up, even if not ideal. Such a cool pet - so much fun in Wind against daemons :)

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it!

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer

Is there any way to get them down to three? Found a guy with SEVEN of them - all fours.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow His timing was horrible. Any of those for sale on Atlantic?

Nope. They are stuck at 4 slot.

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer

I'll have to ask him - and that's unfortunate. It's a cool pet and can handle the daemon room in Wind, but not sure it's going to replace my reptalon or Cu for the Dojo!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

What was the deal with them being stuck at 4? I just bought one from a returning player (for a LOT more than 95k) and it's a 3 slotter. I don't think he did anything to it when the pet publish came out.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not have one but at the beginning but Banes were 4 slot if you started training. At some point the untouched ones turned 3 when you pushed the button. Then luckily, publishes came and the untouched ones stayed 3 slot. Then publishes made pets not change slots when you pushed the button. A series of unfortunate events made some stay at 4 slot. I had a 4 slot that I trained for a while early on. I gave it back to the owner who temporarily quit and returned.

At 4 slot only a few were built because you could tell they were not going to build as well as other pet types.

The 4 slot ones are from the short time that they started as 4 slot so it stayed that way and they missed the opportunity to release them to drop them to 3 slot and the game did not auto change them to 3.

There are players on LS that just would not start training their Cus so they waited too long and those are stuck at 4 slot now. They could have pushed the button at any time for many months and they would have dropped to 3 slot.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bane II will make the CHIV. Still careful how you apply points, train it in TC1 first and use the Khaelor tool to make sure you have an idea where to put the points. Also Don will guyde you what to do..
That part of the thread is 5 months old. I hope he built it by now.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Bane II will make the CHIV. Still careful how you apply points, train it in TC1 first and use the Khaelor tool to make sure you have an idea where to put the points. Also Don will guyde you what to do..
Also you need to remember that if your bane goes wild, or if you release it accidentally, you will NOT be able to tame it as easy as other pets: You will need to risk killing it with a sampire and/or team mates to SUBDUE it!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When publish 97 came out if you tried training any of the over intensity legacys, bane dragons or dread warhorses, they go to 4 slot the moment the button was pressed. This was fixed in patch 98. But anything that began training before that was forever 4 slot. If you accidentally released your untrained bane or dread warhorse before patch 99, it would be retamed as a 4 slot. In patch 99 they fixed that, now if they go wild they can be retamed as 3 slot. NEVER EVER was there a time you could drop them back down to a three after they were 4.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I was closer than I thought I would be. Thanks

The only ones that are 4 slot now will have the button pushed?

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
Ok I was closer than I thought I would be. Thanks

The only ones that are 4 slot now will have the button pushed?
I use it for *very* specific encounters - and of course bank sitting :)

Odds are I'm going to add Goo and max stats/resists - do a plan and see what I can come up with. Use it for overland spawns or Orc Cave to act like I'm powerful!

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To bad we can't put Bushido on Banes. Think about the AoE Dervish that would be.