• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Building the Ultimate Sampire Suit Question

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If I wanted to build the Ultimate Sampire suit what would I need? What Artifacts, etc? Also, what would the Ultimate template be? I am talking for PVM not PVP.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since you use a weapon you want your dex to 150 and stamina as high as possible. I can only help with the armor part.

Dex things are hard to find and are expensive to buy. I use The obi or crimson. Britches of warding. Feudal grip. Jumu. some like the mace and shield glasses, I Like primatic Lens Then use a Legendary with High resists. And you can make the other pieces.

But wait you are Ruby, you can buy anything.

Here is my lame piece. Dex, + stam Studded, LMC Regens those are required

Other add ons Eaters, Int +Mana STR +HP LRC if you need.

upload_2018-6-22_17-54-52.png

Now the exact type Sampire determines if you need anything else.

Weapon, jewelry get you the SSI DCI DI to the max
Get your Mana and life leech from weapon.

I shoot for 210 Stamina I can never get to the next level for SSI. If the formulas are correct, stamina increases total Swing speed a lot easier than SSI on jewels.

Need 100% damage type weapons to imbue anything missing onto. Use for particular Mob.

I need some 100% fire and cold bows with only DI if you find any.

Talisman. Slither is popular or Cameo. I cant afford those so I use orbs with whatever things I am missing.

Others will have to tell you about the sampire skills part.

Good Luck

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is that about?
You buy an sell expensive stuff on Atl. Dont be shy. You wouldnt buy ponds from me for 100M each tho.

Do a vendor search on an armor piece on Atl. Like arms and add studded. Go high to low. Thats what the seller thinks is a great dex piece. Usually it is not worth that price. You can find a few good deals tho.

Oh, If you can build it and have Luck. thats awesome!

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Check the warrior forum. Has some good write ups there. I run:

150 dex/190 stam
150 str/140 hp
90 mana
45hci/45dci
40 lmc
Maxed resists
30 ssi

I don't use regens which many do. I find with 90 mana I very rarely have mana issues. I also use metal armor for stam loss reduction and also the resist boosts when enhancing my pieces with forged tool. My suit has 2 jewels with 10 ssi and 5 ssi from cloak and town buff.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm on my archer right now. I dont need DCI. The composite bow is slower than the Sword weapons.

I have 1.5 according to the calculators. 1.25 would be 10 more SSI and 250 (max) stamina. I cant get there.

If I used a double axe I would only need 180 stamina to get 1.25 (max) SSI Not fair!!!

upload_2018-6-22_21-23-52.png

So a melee dexxer suit is easier to build.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd go with a Swords Sampire, for the Double Axe (Double Strike+WW) and the Swords Mastery "Onslaught" (up to -20 in a Resist that matches wep's damage type), which buffs Double Strike to out damage AI against most foes (except those with really high Wrest/Parry).

Get a set of crafted Super Slayer Double Axes that have been reforged to hit the Super Slayer's weakest Resist (Undead=Fire, Repond=Fire, Arachnid=Fire, Fey=Fire, Reptile=Cold, Demon=Energy, Elemental is a tossup). Get Mana Leech/Stam Leech to the max on your weps. For weps that don't have a Slayer, go for Lightning/HLA/Mana Leech/Stam Leech/whatever.

Base Stats (before Gear/Buffs): 110 STR/115 DEX/35 INT. 105 Health/115 Stamina/55 Mana (Elf).

Chest/Legs/Arms/Gloves/Gorget: Studded/Bone Armor (for 55% LMC Cap) with +HPI (+15 total)/+Stamina (at least +30 total)/+Mana/+8% LMC (+40% total)/High Resists. Acquiring all the pieces is the biggest pain about building this suit, since they have to be Legendary Artifacts.
Helm: Plate Helm version (for Stam Protection) of the Mace & Shield Glasses from Blackthorn's. +10 STR/+5 DEX/30% HLD (never need to imbue HLD on weps).
Ring/Bracelet: Both should be Clean, +15% HCI/+15% DCI/+10% SSI/+25% DI/+25% EP. These can be imbued from a clean 10% SSI Ring/Bracelet.
Talisman: Enchantress' Cameo Set. Super Slayer/+1 STR/+2 HPR/+10 HCI/+5 SSI/+20 DI.
Robe: Conjurer's Garb (or it's Blackthorn's variants). +5% DCI/+2 MR/+140 Luck.
Cloak: Jumu's Sacred Hide. +15% Poison Eater/FCR 1/+20% DI/+5% SDI/5% Fire Resist.
Sash: Corgul's Sash. +1 Stam/+5% DCI.
Half Apron: Crimson Cincture. +5 DEX/+10 HPI/+2 HPR. You can go for the +10 DEX VvV version if you want.
Lvl 3 Swords Mastery: +5 STR/+5% HCI/+5% DCI/+5% DI.
SSI Town Buff: +5% SSI
Greater Strength/Agility Pots: +30 STR/+30 DEX for 180 secs with the 50% EP from Jewelry. I keep 20 of each on me, for +30 STR/AGI for an hour.

Stats after Gear/Buffs: 156 STR (capped at 150)/155 DEX (capped at 150)/35 INT. 150 Health (capped)/180+ Stamina/55+ Mana. 45% HCI/45% DCI/95% DI/30% SSI. 55% LMC/5% SDI/FCR 1. 4 HPR/2 MR. 50% EP, 15% Poison Eater, 30% HLD, 140 Luck. Max Resists.
This is all before even equipping a Weapon...

Earrings: Depends on what you need. Earring of Protection for +2 in a Resist. Or Wamap's Bone Earrings for +40% Protection from an Eodon mob.
Boots: You have some choices here, depending on what you need. Mythical Detective Boots for +4 INT. Minax Sandals if you need more LMC to reach 55% or want the +150 Luck. Boots of Escaping for +4 DEX/+1 SR to further curse proof your DEX. Or Arcane Thigh Boots, if you run a Wammy build.

My favorite Sampire build, is the Wammy build with GM SS for Curse Weapon/Wraith Form/Corpse Skin (Corpse Skin+Onslaught+Double Strike spam is devastating with a 100% Fire Double Axe). 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Chiv/GM Bush/GM Necro/GM SS/GM Resist or Parry (i soulstone them based on what i'm hunting).
Curse Weapon gives +50% Life Drain, which stacks with Vampire Form's 20%, for a total of 70% Hit Life Drain. I heal 3.5x more than usual Sampires with that. Wraith Form for basically unlimited DS/AI spam against high Mana targets. Corpse Skin for increasing DS damage along with Onslaught.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
^^^ theres some expensive or time consuming add ons in that build. But, that puts the icing on.

@PlayerSkillFTW Do you need stamina leech ? Or is there a point where Stam regen is enough.

The Dragon Turtle Wamap is very sweet.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Warrior Forum Mods your really sleeping on the Job! Wake Up!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
^^^ theres some expensive or time consuming add ons in that build. But, that puts the icing on.

@PlayerSkillFTW Do you need stamina leech ? Or is there a point where Stam regen is enough.

The Dragon Turtle Wamap is very sweet.
Well, he did ask for the ULTIMATE Sampire Suit. lol.
Yes, if you take a heavy hit, such as from Chief Paroxysmus, you'll definitely need Stam Leech. At no point does SR replace Stamina Leech. The Macer Captain down in Blackthorn's can absolutely wreck Stamina, i've even seen him drop 30 SR pets down to 100 Stam from 150.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Warrior Forum Mods your really sleeping on the Job! Wake Up!
Its is summer there are only dead crickets on any other forum. No one would have seen this.

They did move my post about flappy pets from the taming forum to here. It was an inside joke over there.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@PlayerSkillFTW Since you bit. What are 2 sample templates for skills and how and when to use the accessory skills?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad thing is....I've spent about 9 months with Navrey training pets and probably binned about 60 Plat worth of gear as I have no idea, like many others, on what is good or bad these days....
I tend to just throw everything that has Legendary Artifact wrote on it now into barrels at my Castle on hopes of one day being able to figure out the "system". :cursing:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@PlayerSkillFTW Since you bit. What are 2 sample templates for skills and how and when to use the accessory skills?
Well, my preferred template is the swords "Wammy" template. 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Necro/GM SS/GM Chiv/GM Bush/GM Parry or Resist (i swap them out with Soulstone depending on what i'm hunting). I've experimented with tweaking it to 120 Chiv/80 SS for more damage output, but going from 30 sec duration on Curse Weapon down to 24 second kind of makes me leery.
The Wammy template is a bit more involved than the usual Sampire template, you don't just go Vamp Form, EoO, Honor and spam AI or Onslaught/DS. You cast Curse Weapon every 30 seconds to give yourself +50% Life Drain, which gives you a lot more self healing capability than normal Sampires, which is key against hard hitters like Paroxysmus (who can hit for 115+ in one hit).
Corpse Skin allows me to lower the Fire/Poison Resist on foes by 15, which makes bosses like Medusa and Paroxy ultra weak to Fire damage, not only increasing my damage output with DS, but also increasing the damage output of anyone else using Fire on the boss (great for guild hunts). I have to occasionally refresh Corpse Skin on the foe.
If i'm not taking too much damage, and don't need the extra Life Drain from Vamp Form or Armor from Swampy, i can go into Wraith Form to gain 21% Mana Drain. When i deal damage in Wraith Form, 21% of the damage also gets taken from the enemies' Mana and given to me. This basically gives me unlimited Mana for chaining AIs/DS all day, until the enemy runs out of Mana, at which point the enemy can't cast spells, so their offense is decreased. Wraith Form also makes me immune to the extra damage that Succubus/Semidar do to Males. I still cast Curse Weapon in Wraith Form for 50% Life Drain, which means i still self heal more than regular Sampires do.
I carry 5 stacks of 20 Pig Iron (in case i get monster looted) for casting Curse Weapon, and use Arcane Thigh Boots for casting Vamp Form or Corpse Skin, while carrying 10 Arcane Gems on me for recharging. A Wammy's Karma is like a roller coaster. You lose Karma for casting Necro spells (Curse Weapon, Corpse Skin), and so you'll occasionally have to farm Karma back up.

One of the more common Sampire templates, is 120 Swords/GM Tact/80 Anat/GM Necro/120 Chiv/GM Bush/GM Parry or Resist (Soulstone swap). This template has more raw upfront damage than the Wammy template (except for when Corpse Skin is optimal), but lacks the obscene Curse Weapon healing and the Wraith Form mana draining. This template basically just Honors, EoO, then spams AI/DS while keeping Con Wep going for +15% Damage.
There's many different variations of the Sampire template however.

Last edited: