• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Building On Our Player Run Communities. Thoughts?

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the impending release of the Town Recognition System I think it is time we begin to entertain thoughts on how we might bring roleplayers and life back to our historic player-run communities.

I've been thinking about this for a long time. And it pleased me a great deal when I heard that the Captain of the Rangers of the Realm (Grey) had taken up residence in Golden. To me that is seeing more than one guild band together and take ownership in their own small corner of the world. I'd like to see more roleplayers choose to use the three towns (Dawn, Golden, and Avalon) we possess and expand upon them.

Thoughts?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
You need an enemy.

One to keep things interesting.
One who will not power RP you
One who wont invalidate your storyline.
One who respects your community
One you all have respect for.
One who doesn't mind losing.
One who does not always have to be evil but offers that temptation.
Sometimes evil needs to win. *Grins*

Off Evil Subject

Start small, regroup and reorganize.
Make out a list of everything you guys currently do and support.
Take the list and put them in order from Best to worst.
See where you need to focus your attention.
See what you can merge together and have thrive off of each other.

I'm making this suggestion because its what I am doing right now. Youre entering into a new age of towns and roleplay. You may have to adjust things and at times give up certain things because they are outdated.