• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

building cost ...

P

Peppie

I just started to build up my house ive had like 30 k when i was starting im down to 3k now within 5 min and i didnt even buy any furniture yet.

I just noticed the stones which i love so much cost liek 1,5k each too bad i first noticed when i bought like 10 of them lol

Why are building cost so high?

click

T

TKSpeedy1

Building costs are outrageous. I think they should've thought about that when they did the wipe and changed the economy. I have a sim who is broke now and had just started building her house before the wipe. Now all she has is 4 walls, a floor, and a chair. I'd love to see the cost of building come down so that I can start building again.

P

Peppie

yes think that .... hardcore lol .. I mean i love stones but i cant afford them .. and i mean 12k for a piece of wood is way too much

I

imported_Qute Pi

Well..not that it will make this better, but what you've built so far looks great!

I guess prices are more like rl now huh...and I used to love building...

Good thing I still have sims 1 lol, rosebuding it away.........

C

Carter'

Exactly i agree for all us "SIMS" out there who want there own house cant even have one because COSTS are to high

P

Peppie

<blockquote><hr>

Well..not that it will make this better, but what you've built so far looks great!

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww thank you but i cant finish it without using the at machine again and everytime i use that machine i feel like im stealing money lol

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww thank you but i cant finish it without using the at machine again and everytime i use that machine i feel like im stealing money lol

[/ QUOTE ]

lol when I think about using it, I feel like I'm wasting rl money...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cheer up.
That feeling will go away when you receive your credit card statement.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol when I think about using it, I feel like I'm wasting rl money...

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. I'm on a limited income with no bank account to verify my pay pal account, so my pay pal funds are limited. Not to mention the fact that the charge goes to my credit card. So I have to be careful how much I spend from my pay pal account. Anyone know if you can have multiple pay pal accounts?

I

imported_Qute Pi

I dont know, I just have 1.
Why would you need 2? How would the 2nd be any different from the 1st?

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

I dont know, I just have 1.
Why would you need 2? How would the 2nd be any different from the 1st?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because since I don't have a bank account, if I ever reach my PayPal spending limit (Mind you, I'm not expecting to anytime soon), I am unable to verify my PayPal account and lift the spending limit. So once I reach my PayPal spending limit, I will no longer be able to use PayPal. So I just thought maybe I could open a second account. Hope I explained that right. Sometimes things sound better in my head.

G

My friend just tried to build a house and sunk about 50 real life dollars into it. I'll admit that he's not the best at being economical, but he ended up with a little bit of basic furniture and a huge empty house. Most of his money sunk into the walls and floors. For 50 real life dollars, I wish it would go farther. After all, it is a game, and the sim dollars are fake. I'm losing hope of starting my own place seeing the prices like this.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

My friend just tried to build a house and sunk about 50 real life dollars into it. I'll admit that he's not the best at being economical, but he ended up with a little bit of basic furniture and a huge empty house. Most of his money sunk into the walls and floors. For 50 real life dollars, I wish it would go farther. After all, it is a game, and the sim dollars are fake. I'm losing hope of starting my own place seeing the prices like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

But spending 50 rl is the "I want it now" option. I'm not saying I'm happy with building costs, because I'm not. But the new game is meant to be more long term. You aren't supposed to be able to make a house and furnish it in a day. This also promotes something that was always meant to happy, a reason for roomies, and real estate.

With that said, I would like to see the prices drop on build mode stuff, but at the same time, you can't expect everything right now. Take your time, enjoy the game, save your money, you will reach any goal you set for youself as long as you put your mind to it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

But spending 50 rl is the "I want it now" option. I'm not saying I'm happy with building costs, because I'm not. But the new game is meant to be more long term. You aren't supposed to be able to make a house and furnish it in a day. This also promotes something that was always meant to happy, a reason for roomies, and real estate.

With that said, I would like to see the prices drop on build mode stuff, but at the same time, you can't expect everything right now. Take your time, enjoy the game, save your money, you will reach any goal you set for youself as long as you put your mind to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That almost makes it sounds like more than a game. I want it now works for me XD Getting the house used to not be that huge a deal; it was getting the visitors to make it a home that really took time and patience.

Regardless of his "wanting it now", I think the building cost are the real problem, and I'm not sure I entirely understand the new economy.

G

Same here! Just started building... want to use columns and snow caps for fencing... they are both over 1k each! It is RIDICULOUS!

I am very unhappy haha

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Maybe one of the wealthy CC creators could make us signs that would protest for more affordable building! Then we could buy them or get them from the creator and post them in lots to get attention to the cause lol.

lol