• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Building a roof, on a roof.

• Thread starter Orbit Storm
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Orbit Storm

As per the title, I'm hoping someone could provide me with some direction on building a roof, on top of an existing roof.

So as to not cause any confusion, I'd like to post an example from another post (on UOforums.com):

Here's a link to that post:
Post Your Custom House Designs Here - Page 11 - Ultima Online Forums

I've managed to get the initial roofing built, but am unable to figure out how to add the smaller extension. I've went up to the Third Floor (the main roof being on the Second Floor), and cannot figure out a way to add the half-walls so that the extension roof can be layered on top of them, on the Fourth Floor.

I apologize if I'm confusing anyone.. so if something doesn't make any sense, please ask.

Yes, I'm trying to build this model exactly, in order to get a feel for building a "roof on a roof", so-to-speak. Granted this house is gorgeous, but I'm not one for using someone else's designs. :p

Thanks in advance!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that those are not half height walls. The lower half is covered by the lower roof.
So - bottom floor build as normal
2nd floor, put roof around the edges and walls 1 tile further in
3rd floor, put roof on inner walls.

O

Orbit Storm

Thanks for responding!

Well, in order for me to place the new full walls on the Second Floor, I have to layer ground tiles at least 2 tiles deep around the main floor walls.

That being said, once I place the walls on the Second Floor and build the main roof, I begin having issues with the rest. Placing the extension roof, on the Third Floor, for some reason removes parts from the main roof. Adding additional walls, causes the main floor's walls to disappear.

Odd, eh?

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont think i realy understand what your problem is but that house is built like this

1st floor full size walls

2nd floor full size walls and roof tile hight 2 and 3

3rd floor roof tile hight 2,3,4,5 or 3,4,5,6

O

Orbit Storm

I've actually tried that several times, but the upper roof consistently deletes pieces of the main roof below it. When I replace the deleted piece of the main roof, it subsequently deletes the corresponding piece from the roof above.

Sadly, I cannot go higher than 3,4,5,6.. level 7 is too high.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've actually tried that several times, but the upper roof consistently deletes pieces of the main roof below it. When I replace the deleted piece of the main roof, it subsequently deletes the corresponding piece from the roof above.

Sadly, I cannot go higher than 3,4,5,6.. level 7 is too high.
ok now i understand

First what client do u use i dont know how it is now but before the ec and the kr client was terrible cutomizing houses in

If the lower and the top roof is on diffrent floors that should not happen so first check if it just look like it deletes the roof tiles

Build the roof on both floors and ignore the fact that they get deleted then go down to first floor and then back up to the highest floor if the roof tiles come back then it s just a view glitch i had that happen to me before

If u are using the old 2d client and it still dont work then this is a new bug that had to come with the latest pacth

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just tested it and it works in both client so u can ignore the above post
I donno make sure the 2 roofs are on diffrent floors thats all i can think of

Try posting a picture of the house u are building

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1st floor full size walls

2nd floor full size walls and roof tile hight 2 and 3

3rd floor roof tile hight 2,3,4,5 or 3,4,5,6

Actually, based on the quick build I just did on TC, it's actually 1 & 2 then 1-4

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, based on the quick build I just did on TC, it's actually 1 & 2 then 1-4
Yes might be that house is built that way but there is not much diffrent if u start from 1 on both roof or start on 2 on both roofs

Start on 1 u will see little less of the walls on first floor but can make the top roof a bit bigger

I never start from one because if u need floor tiles on second floor in order to get support those floor tiles will peak true the roof if u start at 1

The lowest lvl on roof tiles is actually lower than floor tiles on the same floor

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never start from one because if u need floor tiles on second floor in order to get support those floor tiles will peak true the roof if u start at 1
Not necessarily. If you start with a level 1 roof a tile out from the wall, the floor shouldn't be visible because the roof over the floor tiles would be a level 2 or higher.

As for the roof getting deleted, have you tried changing floors or popping out of customization to be sure that it's not just glitchy? I've had it happen before where a tile will disappear, but if I jump to another floor it would reappear.