• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Building a Privateer

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have been wanting to build ah em er.... a pirate type character for a while. This character will primary be used to do t.hunting / fishing / kill pirate ships.
Now one thing I would like for my pirate, is for him to actually resemble a pirate ( ie a melee fighting skill ) I have been rolling around some templates trying to see what I can do, and the best I came up with so far is this:
120 swords ( 20 items)
100 bushido
90 tactics
80 stealth (75 from items )
100 hiding
100 lp
100 cart
85 mining
40 chiv

the chiv and mining I guess can be ss swapped with fishing when I want to do that ( not the most optimal situation I would prefer not to have to swap skills)

The only big problem I see here is a lack of effective healing. Any suggestions ?

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Killing Pirates will be an issue, due to not having a ranged attack. You will not be able to attack them with melee until you scuttle their boat. during this time you will be attacked by all the fun crew members, Scouts, mages, bombers and the captain. This is alot of damage to try to avoid all at once while firing the cannon. You might need archery or throwing, or any spells that would do area damage.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have been wanting to build ah em er.... a pirate type character for a while. This character will primary be used to do t.hunting / fishing / kill pirate ships.
Now one thing I would like for my pirate, is for him to actually resemble a pirate ( ie a melee fighting skill ) I have been rolling around some templates trying to see what I can do, and the best I came up with so far is this:
120 swords ( 20 items)
100 bushido
90 tactics
100 hiding
100 lp
100 cart
85 mining
40 chiv

the chiv and mining I guess can be ss swapped with fishing when I want to do that ( not the most optimal situation I would prefer not to have to swap skills)

The only big problem I see here is a lack of effective healing. Any suggestions ?
You can drop mining, if you use EC/Pinko's UI and UO Cartographer you can do maps fairly easily without mining. With that template you will have some problems doing maps if you are trying to solo them. I know that you are trying to keep one template for 2 different things but without stoning a few skills I don't see it being very feasible.

Going with 2 templates would be easier and better whether it is stoning skills and swapping or 2 different characters.

For fishing and Pirate Killing I would suggest something like:

120 swords ( 20 items)
100 bushido
90 tactics
100 hiding
100 fishing
100 archery
80 chiv/magery (though chiv would be better for the archery and swords

the hiding and stealth won't do you much good on a boat unless you went with ninja for the smoke bombs or at least I don't see it working without the smoke bombs. I don't know much about ninja and smoke bombs but you may be able to drop hiding and add anatomy. I am not sure if the stealth works if using smoke bombs and no hiding but I am sure someone else may be able to advise you on that. If you weren't stuck on fighting with melee you would have a whole lot more template options but I understand how it kind of ruins the whole privateer thing.