• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Building a Horde

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone, I currently play two accounts but have started looking at making two endless journey accounts. I have never played an endless journey account but it seems that they function similar to a normal account without having much of a bank and housing ability. My plan is to play four tamers at once. I will be buying two advanced character tokens to help accelerate the character building. This is my plan:
My current accounts run a eval/mage tamer and a disco/peace/mage tamer. I am thinking of making another eval/mage tamer and a throwing chiv tamer. My goal will be to run death ray on the mage/eval tamers, peace mastery on the bard and have the thrower use hld and hla weapons.
My initial pet setup: I want to utilize this idea of lowering energy resist using rune corruption and cb. I am going to use two rune beetles with magery taken off to achieve RC. I am going to use a cb triton with chiv. My last pet will be a cb/chiv cu so i can have one character with the ability to mount. I will also be making a cb, fient triton for necessary tanking situations.
What do you guys think of this idea, builds, pets and using endless journey to supplement my paid for accounts?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Endless Journey accounts don't have the Time of Legends expansion, and so don't have access to Mastery abilities other than the Bard ones. You'd have to purchase ToL for those EJ accounts to gain access to Taming or Magery Masteries.
Only one Death Ray can be on a target at a time. If you have 2 Death Ray Mage/Tamers ©, only one of them will be able to run Death Ray on the boss target.
I use a Death Ray Mage/Tamer © with a 120 Disco+CB Triton, and a Disco/Tamer/Mage (no Eval) with either a RC+AI+Poison (wish i kept the Poison off) Fire Beetle or a 120 Chiv+AI 100% Energy Platinum Drake. Once Disco lands on the victim (or they can't be Discoed), my Triton has like a 66-75% uptime on CB. My Disco/Tamer uses a bow i crafted to apply HLA/HLD to my victims.
Debuff Bow 3.PNG

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Endless Journey accounts don't have the Time of Legends expansion, and so don't have access to Mastery abilities other than the Bard ones. You'd have to purchase ToL for those EJ accounts to gain access to Taming or Magery Masteries.
Only one Death Ray can be on a target at a time. If you have 2 Death Ray Mage/Tamers ©, only one of them will be able to run Death Ray on the boss target.
I use a Death Ray Mage/Tamer © with a 120 Disco+CB Triton, and a Disco/Tamer/Mage (no Eval) with either a RC+AI+Poison (wish i kept the Poison off) Fire Beetle or a 120 Chiv+AI 100% Energy Platinum Drake. Once Disco lands on the victim (or they can't be Discoed), my Triton has like a 66-75% uptime on CB. My Disco/Tamer uses a bow i crafted to apply HLA/HLD to my victims.
View attachment 106018
Thanks for the advice FTW, i took it into consideration and have been working on the accounts. Its taken quite some time but i finnally have the EJ accounts almost finished. Well set up at least i still need to get provo and disco on one of them, Doh! I decided to go with a disco/provo/mage tamer on one to run the damage mastery. The other is a chiv archer. The accounts can only have 5 pets each, so stable considerations are important. Initially, i had thought of going with all elemental drakes and a rune beetle on each but have changed that to beetles as the prior doesnt allow me to have a mountable pet. So each account will have fire beetle, beetle, rune beetle, frost mite and chiv ai dog. I will most likely trade out a rune beetle for an energy drake with chiv ai on one char. This covers all resist, except poison, which i can live with. The archer will be using elven bows to drop defense even lower, ill trying using a repeating to see if its worth the double hit dps as well. For the main chars, one is the deathray tamer and other peace/dico/mage. I have made the disco/cb triton, which your right is pretty awesome and keeps up cb really well. The last pet i am not sure exactly were i am going to go, probably going to be interchangeable. Id still like to get ap on one of them and i left room on the dico/cb triton for it if needed. Any additional advice is appreciated but thats where im at with...The horde! hehe

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The accounts can only have 5 pets each, so stable considerations are important.
Why is there such a low cap? For EJ tamers, the number of stable slots also grows with their taming/lore/vet skills?

We do feel Chester has a point, 3 chars simultaneously is very hectic, so 4 could very well indeed be Argh! If you can pull it of, awesome! We like the amount of thinking you have put into this, good luck!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why is there such a low cap? For EJ tamers, the number of stable slots also grows with their taming/lore/vet skills?
EJ Tamers do gain Stable slots with increased Taming/Lore/Vet skills. I have an EJ Tamer with 50 Taming (81.0 with Jewelry)/110 Lore/32.7 Vet (58.7 with Jewelry), and she has 9 stable slots. I use her to hold the pets i use for training other pets (like my Slimes for training Healing, or my birds for training Parry).

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The archer will be using elven bows to drop defense even lower, ill trying using a repeating to see if its worth the double hit dps as well. For the main chars, one is the deathray tamer and other peace/dico/mage. I have made the disco/cb triton, which your right is pretty awesome and keeps up cb really well. The last pet i am not sure exactly were i am going to go, probably going to be interchangeable. Id still like to get ap on one of them and i left room on the dico/cb triton for it if needed. Any additional advice is appreciated but thats where im at with...The horde! hehe
Try using a 100% Energy Repeating Crossbow on your Chiv/Archer to synergize the Double Shots with the CB. If that Chiv/Archer has 50.0+ Bushido, you could even use a 100% Energy Yumi, which has Double Shot and Armor Pierce as specials. I'd leave the Disco+CB Triton as is, adding AP to it would make it use CB less often, and CB does more for your total damage output than adding AP onto that Triton would.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
On the tamer slots for EJ, my bad. I thought 5 was max because i thought 90/90 provided more than 5, guess i was wrong. Which is actually great news but sorry for the bad info. @PlayerSkillFTW, thanks for the useful info yet again. I had thought about the yumis and had initially decided it wasnt worth the 50 points to use it, but i also forgot they come with armor pierce. This makes it worth it as now ap can effectively be taken off the pets. Archer set up is now: taming,lore,vet,archery,tac,chiv,(50)bush. I should be able to fit it without too much sacrifice. Having vet on him allows me to put spellweaving on the deathray tamer.
@Tabby Kapak, thanks for the support! I have been playing two accounts for over a decade and have become very accustom to it. The reason i set this up the way i did is because, in most causes, it only requires two accounts to be actively played. The bard tamers are really just followers for their buffs and to say "all kill". There will definitely be scenarios where 4 characters is simply unmanageable, in fact quite a few. However, there are a lot of encounters where 4 chars will be quite easy to manage and offers a serious advantage in terms of efficiency and loot accumulation. I doubt ill be truly finished setting all this up for months if including scrolling for pets but ill provided a final update when done. Thanks again guys!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would assume that you can buy stable increase tokens on EJ accounts. The expansions work I don't see why those wouldn't.