• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Build a Bridge !

G

Gallica

Hi to all,
I have a bridge that joins the eastern and northern towers of my castle, it was built for me by a friend...Mezzac who is an absolute genius at this stuff.
I am having a go at doing another bridge myself...joining the western and southern towers. It is mostly finished but I have a problem with two tiles...the ones that go over the wall at the southern end.
In the picture there are two green gozas in front of me....these are the ones that go over the wall and join the steps on the tower(pink gozas). I really would like to place two more gozas on the green row, one either side of the two that are there. The two green ones that I have managed to place are directly over the doorway below and I was able to place them by standing a ladder in the doorway. This can't be done with the other two no matter where I put the ladder. I have also tried dropping tables on to the wall edge from above but can't get them to stick....does anyone know how this can be done? Mezz has managed it at the other end so I know its possible. Please help if you can...

Attachments

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a bit of an expert on this. Put a ladder on the tower and then lower it in to place.

G

Gallica

If I place the ladder on the tower then put goza on top and lower it....the goza goes down to the tile that the ladder is placed on atop the tower. Which means I need to place the ladder actually on the wall to get the goza above the wall, and I can't place the ladder on the wall....I know its probably something I am doing wrong but I just cant seem to get it.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohhh your mistake is just using ladders. You ALWAYS need to use the castle ladder to be effective. you can get further and higher.

G

Gallica

I am using the castle ladder. I have tried all ways. The last time I tried castle east which looked like the table was over the right spot. I got all excited went yay etc. Put the goza on, then lowered, it lined up nicely...but I could not walk on it. So I kept lowering just to see which tile it went down to.....and it went to the tile the ladder was standing on. Even though it appeared to be the right tile, it was really just too high and thats why I couldnt walk on it. I hope this makes sense and thankyou for trying to help me....please keep trying....thanks. Ummm the castle is on Oceania....any chance you are too?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can place a castle ladder north where that north side chicken coop is, you'll step on the ladder then take two steps north and that will be where you want the west side goza to go. Repeat three steps to the east to do the second one.

G

Gallica

Thankyou thankyou thankyou....its done!!! I really apreciate your help here!

J

[JD]

thats a really cool idea. i just dont have the patience for this stuff lol

G

Gallica

My apologies friends for not getting back sooner with a picture of the finished bridge. I wanted to line one side with a collection of prickly pear cactuses...(confesses to being a plant nut as well as a deco nut). I have had to spend many days x pollinating plants to get them as the cactuses are somewhat erratic to pollinate!

Anyhoo here is the "almost" finished bridge !

The castle is on Oceania, West of Minoc at 71o 7 N 63o 25E if any of you would care to have a peek. Be quick though as it may not be there for long. It seems Mythic does not want Oceania to be around for much longer....they are driving us poor Aussies out of the game. If you want to read about this go here :

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/232684-oceanians-unite-respond-if-you-love-oceania.html

Attachments

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is absolutely gorgeous!

And I'm glad to hear they are moving your server back to your homeland!

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice wall

:thumbup:might really **** of my neighbors but the wheels are spinning

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Very nice wall

I stopped by and had a run through of your castle..awesome...just awesome! :)