• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sent in a bug report a couple of minutes ago, and this was in the reply:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To help expedite service, please reply to this email at your convenience with as much as possible of the last known information that is currently saved on the desired account(s) to the best of your recollection, using the below template.
First and Last name:
Emails used:
Date of birth:
Phone number:
Country and/or State of residency:
Account open and close dates:
Last 4 digits of credit card on account AND type:
CD-Key code(s) redeemed:
Character names AND servers found on the account:
Any other helpful information:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now why is this asking me for all of my information? I've never uses this email before. It was a simple bug report. Why all of this?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To help expedite service, please reply to this email at your convenience with as much as possible of the last known information that is currently saved on the desired account(s) to the best of your recollection, using the below template.
First and Last name:
Emails used:
Date of birth:
Phone number:
CD-Key code(s) redeemed:
Now why is this asking me for all of my information? I've never uses this email before. It was a simple bug report. Why all of this?
And thus I have stopped reporting bugs I find. I can see wanting the acct and character name to look at it and see what happened. The rest is just nonsense.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I thought it was uo.com that you were to mail?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just send the Account name and character if its character specific.

Now I use what they gave at the meet and greet. And I use an email I never check.

Email bugs to these:

[email protected] Goes to the Queen

[email protected] Goes to the team

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I did the very same thing with a bug regarding the transfer of the new drakes causing client crashes. I got the same response. :(

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
First and Last name:
Emails used:
Date of birth:
Phone number:
CD-Key code(s) redeemed:
Looks like you got the e-mail to try and access an account that you lost/forgot the password. I am guessing their system is as messed up as the bugs in game lol.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay I'm going to add my .01 to this conversation. I just took a class called Human Computer Interface or HCI for short. I am finish my degree in IT (Class of 2018!!!). Honestly by the standards taught in HCI, this is 100% OVERKILL for a simple bug report. I have reported bugs on my bank's website and they only ask for Account Name, Email, and WTH were you doing. This REEKS of pure 100% laziness by using a generic answer for ALL questions. Honestly I found it extremely intrusive, and when I got this after reporting bug I said screw that shiitake mushroom(or if you prefer Shih-tzu dog breed) and hit the delete button. I can totally understand this if it is an account issue but for a bug report, NO! It's like the doctor doing a colonoscopy to fill you teeth!!!! OVERKILL, UNNECESSARY, AND INTRUSIVE! Sorry, DEV Team do you REALLY expect us to trust you after you had the WORLD'S BIGGEST CHEATER in your employment? I still can't believe that Mesanna didn't investigate him thoroughly. Sorry, but my trust and faith in the Dev Team is shattered.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I'm going to add my .01 to this conversation. I just took a class called Human Computer Interface or HCI for short. I am finish my degree in IT (Class of 2018!!!). Honestly by the standards taught in HCI, this is 100% OVERKILL for a simple bug report. I have reported bugs on my bank's website and they only ask for Account Name, Email, and WTH were you doing. This REEKS of pure 100% laziness by using a generic answer for ALL questions. Honestly I found it extremely intrusive, and when I got this after reporting bug I said screw that shiitake mushroom(or if you prefer Shih-tzu dog breed) and hit the delete button. I can totally understand this if it is an account issue but for a bug report, NO! It's like the doctor doing a colonoscopy to fill you teeth!!!! OVERKILL, UNNECESSARY, AND INTRUSIVE! Sorry, DEV Team do you REALLY expect us to trust you after you had the WORLD'S BIGGEST CHEATER in your employment? I still can't believe that Mesanna didn't investigate him thoroughly. Sorry, but my trust and faith in the Dev Team is shattered.
What did you say your shoe size is? Just need to verify it is really you making this post :)

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You shouldn't ever type half of that stuff in anyway, for any reason. Someone could take out a second mortgage on your house if you gave them that much info, lol.

It doesn't matter if you register with a ton of fake info, so long as you remember the fake info down the road when you need it, lol. Better yet use different fake info for every registration and if a scammer comes at you using any of it you'll know where they got it.
See, this is why we can't have nice things in UO. Seriously though, this is WHY we can not perma-ban anyone; especially the scripters, cheaters, hackers, dupers. . . you know UO SCUM! LOL

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's the information they need to recover accounts... which was highly useful to me recently so I can't complain about it.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
What kind of bug you trying to let them know about? Although I agree with most posts, they are asking for more information than needed, maybe and only maybe they might need some of them details but not all of them, unless your account has been flagged for some reason and they trying to verify you.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's clear that this is an account recovery email questionaire and a simple auto reply mistake... but in typical UO fashion lets make a point about it and blow it out of proportion.

greenwolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fact is whether it was a mistake or not should not have been sent. It proves not only do they not read, but do not know how to properly do their job. So yes we have to blow it out of proportion so they get their s*** straight. This goes back to when we had gms sending out messages saying thank you for playing DAOC, when last time i checked this was UO but who's to say. I guess i need more information to know exactly what game im playing too.... its principle of the matter, yet i only play the game not manage it.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The fact is whether it was a mistake or not should not have been sent. It proves not only do they not read, but do not know how to properly do their job. So yes we have to blow it out of proportion so they get their s*** straight. This goes back to when we had gms sending out messages saying thank you for playing DAOC, when last time i checked this was UO but who's to say. I guess i need more information to know exactly what game im playing too.... its principle of the matter, yet i only play the game not manage it.
I never got the DAOC thank you, but I did get, "Thank you for playing Warhammer Online!" once or twice.