• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bugs in the new lands

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
* I'm talking with the time lord, and get attacked by Tar the Barako Warrior, who is grey to me. Three EVs later, he's dead, I lose a lot of karma, and he leaves no corpse?

* I'm noticing areas that still have a bunch of visible no draws, esp by the lava pools to the south and high up in the mountains by the myrmidex desert, on the east side by the bridge. @Kyronix, do you need locations for these?

* I'm not in VvV on Izumo, yet I'm being sent to kill Neira to chase Magery mastery. Shouldn't I only be getting a Fel champ boss if 'm in VvV?

* Hawkwind's quest doesn't show in the quest log, and there seems to be no way to quit the quest, to change to a different mastery/etc.

...is any NPC in these lands actually friendly? :p

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
* I'm not in VvV on Izumo, yet I'm being sent to kill Neira to chase Magery mastery. Shouldn't I only be getting a Fel champ boss if 'm in VvV?

* Hawkwind's quest doesn't show in the quest log, and there seems to be no way to quit the quest, to change to a different mastery/etc.
1. Technically Neira can be popped in Ilshenar right?

2. Are you sure its not in the log? Its using the old quest system, so you have to open the context menu by single clicking yourself.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
1. Technically Neira can be popped in Ilshenar right?

2. Are you sure its not in the log? Its using the old quest system, so you have to open the context menu by single clicking yourself.
Technically yes, sortof, though my read of that publish note made it seem like champs in general weren't going to be in the mix if you're not in VvV.

And yes, it does show up in the context menu quest option. There's no way to quit the quest, or to change it, however, and it is quite confusing that it's a quest and not showing in the Quests list. :p

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you single click yourself, there should be an option that says "Cancel Quest".

I just did it myself.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Thanks, been a while since I've done any old-style quests :D

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't Gold account shared not character owned? I check banks of chars no more gold but each char has x amount of gold (all different amounts)

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
* I'm talking with the time lord, and get attacked by Tar the Barako Warrior, who is grey to me. Three EVs later, he's dead, I lose a lot of karma, and he leaves no corpse?
Losing karma is not a bug IMO. The natives are aggressive because they're frightened of strangers but they're not evil.
The missing corpse is a bug though.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isn't Gold account shared not character owned? I check banks of chars no more gold but each char has x amount of gold (all different amounts)
All of my characters on Origin now have the same common gold balance in their bank account as expected.

Try checking your balance again AFTER logging in once to Origin with every character: keep in mind that each character's old gold is only added to the common account when you log in with that character, so you will only see the total amount in the common account after logging in with every character.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Losing karma is not a bug IMO. The natives are aggressive because they're frightened of strangers but they're not evil.
The missing corpse is a bug though.
Just my opinion, but if it attacks you, you shouldn't lose anything in defending yourself.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
When you single click yourself, there should be an option that says "Cancel Quest".
So, I've cancelled the quest, old-style. Then I've talked to Hawkwind to try to switch to other masteries, or to get some different thing to kill to get Magery. Magery, tried 5 times. Tried every other skill down to archery. Hawkwind must hate Neira, since regardless of what I pick, I get her for my "what to kill".

So either I'm forced to go to Fel, or I have to go find a group that's willing to do an Ilsh champ spawn (and then hope that either Valor or Humility hits that 20% chance of Neira even being the active boss)? How does either of those even sound like a good idea, let alone somehow make sense in the storyline?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So I think I missed something somewhere...but how do we get the mastery books?

I was going to do Archery through Hawkwind but I got a lvl 2 Archery Mastery scroll while helping my guildies do Rikktor and Neira for theirs.

I don't have a mastery book though, and when their quests completed they didn't get a book, just the scroll.

Now, if you have a random chance to get the mastery scroll you need by doing spawns, why do we need to do Hawkwinds quest in the first place?

I did not test this part on TC so I have no clue, I thought Hawkwinds quest gave you the actual mastery book.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure how you're supposed to get the book, but in the meantime there's an easy workaround: just do the Bard mastery quest a few times with a Bard character and hand over the spare books to your other chars.

I agree that non-Bards should be able to get the book in some other way however.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found you can't just quit the quest and re-take it, you get the same target. Not sure if you'll get another one if you wait a few hours, or if you wait till the next day. I got Meraktus, no way to do that alone, and my guild mates aren't too keen on that one either, if I should happen to get it on Europa when the publish goes world wide.

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found you can't just quit the quest and re-take it, you get the same target. Not sure if you'll get another one if you wait a few hours, or if you wait till the next day. I got Meraktus, no way to do that alone, and my guild mates aren't too keen on that one either, if I should happen to get it on Europa when the publish goes world wide.
LOL Petra IMO you got the hardest boss in the whole game. Meraktus seems to have a kill-everybody area spell. Plus you need 10 or more in your party with over an hour to kill lesser spawn before he shows up.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I keep getting Ilhenir (champ boss in the bottom of Bedlam). As far as I can remember this champ spawn was broken. Not sure if it ever got fixed.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I keep getting Ilhenir (champ boss in the bottom of Bedlam). As far as I can remember this champ spawn was broken. Not sure if it ever got fixed.
Our group has done this one a couple times in the last month or two... Worked fine.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL Petra IMO you got the hardest boss in the whole game. Meraktus seems to have a kill-everybody area spell. Plus you need 10 or more in your party with over an hour to kill lesser spawn before he shows up.
lol - I solo Meraktus while watching tv - it's by far the easiest champ to kill if you know what you're doing

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got Sarado on my Tamer and IIhenir on my Samp....helped guildies do theirs, Rikktor and Neira :/

RNG hates me :/ lol

Sarado I don't mind too much but I really don't like IIhenir..it's been AGES since I've done that one though so it might be easier then it was way back when...still not thrilled about it.

What I still want to know is why do we have to do Hawkwinds quest if we get the scrolls as drops anyway? He should reward us with a mastery book when we finish his quest.

@Kyronix sorry I didn't even think about this when it was on TC, I didn't have time to test it there...could this maybe be a possibilty? Or is there another way besides having a bard do the bard mastery quest that we can get the books?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the "broken state" you can enter when canceling the Time Lord's quest is decidedly NOT fixed :confused:

As to the usefulness of his quest, its to intentionally acquire a specific L1 mastery.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On TC1, with the EC, when I entered the passage from Destard to the Felucca Dragon Turtle champ spawn I got stuck because the terrain in the game area was completely black.

EC Client was fully patched. I could see the terrain in the CC.

Robtsan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

* I'm noticing areas that still have a bunch of visible no draws, esp by the lava pools to the south and high up in the mountains by the myrmidex desert, on the east side by the bridge. @Kyronix, do you need locations for these?

...is any NPC in these lands actually friendly? :p
Good not just me....I was fighting the chleftess , whatever her name, got her down to 32 life, and she vanished, as if she was never there....could not find her.....this is the second time I have been in a fight and when my opponent had 32 life left..poof gone is they never existed...whas up with dat??

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't there a quest to get into bedlam which will need to be completed? I only do fel champs which I don't mind doing because you get power scrolls. Having to do a quest to enter bedlam because another quest has sent me kinda sucks.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isn't there a quest to get into bedlam which will need to be completed? I only do fel champs which I don't mind doing because you get power scrolls. Having to do a quest to enter bedlam because another quest has sent me kinda sucks.
suck it up buttercup - hehe - welcome to trammel :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
suck it up buttercup - hehe - welcome to trammel :)
I hope I get different ones when it lands in the shards I play! So does hawk winds quest have to be finished? I signed into Origin to go and check the expansion and saw he offered me something but I didn't pay much attention.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to talk to Aernya outside of Bedlam, she sends you to Gorrow the mayor at Luna bank. Gorrow wants 1 uncorn rib, 2 ki-rin brains and 5 pixie legs. after completion you go back to Aernya. Then you are allowed to enter Bedlam. Just click the iron maiden.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK I have been having a think about this whole "defeat a champion spawn" quest at the start. Its a bit silly in my opinion. Its supposed to get players back into the game?

New / returning player arrives at the expansion new lands and the first thing they are told to do is defeat a champ spawn? Hell I know people that have been playing for a while and struggle with this!

For most of us its not that big of a deal, as we have developed characters and guild mates to help us out.

My solution? Make it the SAME spawn for everyone, and why not make it the new spawn??? (turtle champ one) Why send people straight out of the new lands to farm old content?

This way if everyone has to go to the same spawn guess what, they might meet people and make some new friends!!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
From the way it looks now, you don't HAVE to take Hawkwinds quest. His quest is to guarantee you a primer in the skill of your choice.

We (My guild) did spawns last night...LOTS of them and I got almost all the primers I needed as drops, some even lvl 2, and Hawkwind only gives you lvl 1.

So...again my question.....why is Hawkwind even there? I had to defeat Sarado for my taming mastery and my guildie got a tamer primer drop from it lol.

So currently, there's no reason to do Hawkwind at all.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was mostly observing at the turtle spawn yesterday, and when he died I got a SW book...lol gave it to one of the guys who actually did some work on the boss :p Didn't notice the level tho =(