• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bugs in TC3 - Getting caught in the city

• Thread starter caroleatdesigns
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

caroleatdesigns

Some of our Sims have been getting caught in the city (view) when trying to enter a lot. I tried to enter one today, found myself still in the city with no progress slide visible. My friend said his property showed me there, but I wasn't/was at the same time. He saw me, I saw city view. 'Tis a puzzlement.

Thank You most helpful Devs,

Brianna Nicole

M

Meggers

I hope they fix this soon. I am constantly hanging up at 50% and getting stuck in houses. Some people won't reset so you don't get to play that sim anymore until they close up. Also, the lag in TC3 is beyond horrible. The game seems to keep stopping and starting. I don't have this problem in the production cities. I hope those cites will not become like TC3 after the merge.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I hope they fix this soon. I am constantly hanging up at 50% and getting stuck in houses. Some people won't reset so you don't get to play that sim anymore until they close up. Also, the lag in TC3 is beyond horrible. The game seems to keep stopping and starting. I don't have this problem in the production cities. I hope those cites will not become like TC3 after the merge.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to agree with this.
The game is bordering on unplayable.

I have NO lag issues in production cities.
I have a new dual-core comp wirh 4 gig memory, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to agree with this.
The game is bordering on unplayable.

I have NO lag issues in production cities.
I have a new dual-core comp wirh 4 gig memory, yadda, yadda, yadda.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'freeze-frame' is kinda annoying. I 'kinda' got stuck in a house the other day. I got an error 32 and wanted to quickly get back in the house. I kept getting the "you are already in the house, yada, yada, yada" speach. I relaxed and tried a couple of the different methods. Logging off. Logging on another sim on that same account. Restarting windows. I even went to task manager to make sure the window was completely closed out. I went back and was able to continue on playing without any more problems. I happen to KNOW the house didn't close to release me because my other sim was in the house the entire time.

Yeah, it's a pain testing the new city and I guess I could go back to the production cities and play without any problems, but I'm kinda enjoying trying to break the game.

I figure there are still some bugs to work through from the merge. I also have to wonder if the 'connections' between TSO/blueprints/Facebook doesn't have a huge role in all the Freeze-ups too.

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

we have a sim caught up in that this morning...closed and reset the house twice, sim is still there visible and grayed out. she even rebooted her system and the sim is still there...guess have to wait until morning again...ugh

G

Lol. "kinda annoying" is not the phrase I would use - but I'll have to go along with it cuz Stratics would be upset with the phrase I WOULD use.

K

Keep It Real

Try this, keep the sim logged in and then log the same sim in again a second time using Client. Gracie came up with this is another thread and it has worked several times for me. Several times it didn't work also, but hey it's worth a try.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Visited a skill house this morning with a grayed out stuck owner. I asked roomies if the house can reset, if owner is the sim that is stuck in house and they didn't seem to have a clue.

Few minutes later a dead sim from a factory explosion tried to land in search of a shaman. Got stuck.

It has to be even worse if you are a ghost and stuck.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Try this, keep the sim logged in and then log the same sim in again a second time using Client. Gracie came up with this is another thread and it has worked several times for me. Several times it didn't work also, but hey it's worth a try.

[/ QUOTE ]
This worked a coulpla times for me then stopped. Everything I have tried works once or twice only.
I even tried grabbing hold of the sim and stuffing him down the chimney of the house - but I couldn't quite get a grip on him.
Another bug, I 'spect.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
This worked a coulpla times for me then stopped. Everything I have tried works once or twice only.
I even tried grabbing hold of the sim and stuffing him down the chimney of the house - but I couldn't quite get a grip on him.
Another bug, I 'spect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I have one stuck now also and the "Gracie fix" won't free the sim either. Guess I'll have to wait untill tomorrows maint to play that sim, and that just SUCKS!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Another bug, I 'spect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I have one stuck now also and the "Gracie fix" won't free the sim either.

Guess I'll have to wait untill tomorrows maint to play that sim, and that just SUCKS!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering KIR. Is the sim you can't get unstuck the roomie or owner of house they are stuck in?

BTW. I can't take credit for that fix. Just a little ditty, I picked up while hanging out at the pub

G

Hmmmmmm.......do I sense a reason for the generous allowance of 6 avatars in TC3?

K

Keep It Real

No, I left a moneyhouse to visit a friends store and landed ok at the store, chatted a bit and left. Tried to go back to the moneyhouse I was at but it says I am still there. Asked owner of moneyhouse if it showed me there but he says no. Had the store owners reset the store but still no luck.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Bummer.

I've started using telephone booths to depart a house before trying to jump to another one. I've always lagged a bit jumping from house to house. I might be paranoid but I just feel safer entering new places directly from city view.

K

Keep It Real

yeah I think that might be the wise thing to do. I'm not too awful concerned about it as I have plenty of other sims I can play but this sure is a NASTY BUG.

Maybe I'll get lucky and the city will go down later when they fix the lot move thing.

K

Keep It Real

Update.

It seems my sim was stuck at the moneyhouse. The owner messaged me and offered the reset the house, even though she had 17 guests, and that freed my sim. Oddly I had landed at a store after leaving her moneyhouse and visited for a bit. It was when I tried to go back to the moneyhouse that I was stuck. Thankfully the owner of the moneyhouse saw my ghostly sim there and reset for me. Nice to see thoughtful owners in the game. THANK YOU Mrs Nova!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Update.

It seems my sim was stuck at the moneyhouse. The owner messaged me and offered the reset the house, even though she had 17 guests, and that freed my sim. Oddly I had landed at a store after leaving her moneyhouse and visited for a bit. It was when I tried to go back to the moneyhouse that I was stuck. Thankfully the owner of the moneyhouse saw my ghostly sim there and reset for me. Nice to see thoughtful owners in the game. THANK YOU Mrs Nova!

[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, it didn't work that way for me - the lot I was "stuck" in only had one other person in it, I'm pretty sure they would have noticed my gray, moldering corpse (or the thumbnail).

G

<blockquote><hr>

Unfortunately, it didn't work that way for me - the lot I was "stuck" in only had one other person in it, I'm pretty sure they would have noticed my gray, moldering corpse (or the thumbnail).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get stuck trying to land, the people who are already in the house never see you at all. Others landing afterwards can see your grayed out pic, but not your sim. So if you were at a house where only a roomie was home, they most likely never knew you had tried to land.