• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bugs and improvements

S

Sommerset

Developpers just [censored] up thieves on Siege in the so called PvP fix.

No need for a bug list. They dont give a [censored] anyway.

G

<blockquote><hr>

a. Should be possible to steal these if they weigh less than 12 stones.
An easy way to avoid stealing blessed gifts etc. would be to make them
have a weight of more than 12 stones.
remains unstealable.

[/ QUOTE ]

We should be able to steal containers based on the weight of the container itself instead of the contents. If there are blessed or insured items inside the container they should fall into the players main bag when the bag is stolen. They made it work this way when someone dies, they should be able to do it when the bag is stolen.

One bug I would like to have fixed is the shadow jump bug. After using shadow jump the game thinks you are still trying to perform an action.

For example: You shadow jump and then try to use a moongate or get revealed and try to hide again. You will always get the message "You are too busy doing something else..." It will take about 40 seconds for this to go away on it's own.

There is a way around this problem. After using shadow jump open your paper doll. This resets the problem and you can then perform other actions. But some times you might forget to hit your open paper doll macro, get revealed, can't hide, have to wait 10 seconds for the skill timer and get killed. So it would be nice to see this one get fixed soon.

F

FunWithFire GD

<blockquote><hr>

1. The disguise kit
a. It is a pain to go copy/paste in order to keep macros.
b. Disguise kits should be limited to thieves and assassins/ninjas, and hence
require a certain (constant) level of stealth and/or stealing

[/ QUOTE ]

Just do the copy paste thing in the main macro file in the UO folder. That way any "new" character created with the disguise kit would have that set of macros.

K

Kano

how bout the ability to remove your disg kit whenever you want to :/

C

case

Hi ...

Animal changed Ninjas seems to be not trackable. This should imho possible :)

Ah and i forgot :) ... Chests should be lootable without reveal ... maybe only if yourself have unlock/untrap the chest. Damn im a thief and not a Dragon slayer - remind shame chests :).

Also Untrap chest with skill should also not reveal your little buddy :)

and so on ... and so on .... :)

good luck
case

mistaWAC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The purpose of this thread is to make a list of bugs and gameplay improvements, which hopefully will encourange EA to make the necessary changes. Focus is not on the introduction of new moves, items etc., but all other information is welcommed. The list will be edited accordingly !

Information on how to circumvent certain bugs or lack of fluent gameplay is welcomed but will not lessen our demand of getting the bugs fix or to have a more fluent gameplay.

1. The disguise kit
------------------------
a. It is a pain to go copy/paste in order to keep macros. It should not be necessary to "go out of the game" in order to fix your macros. This lessens the enjoyment of the game.

b. Disguise kits should be limited to thieves and assassins/ninjas, and hence require a certain (constant) level of stealth (hiding) and/or stealing

c. Make it possible to remove the disguise at will or by using certain items

2. Targeting a non-stealable object
---------------------------------------------
If targeting a tree or yourself by accident you will have to wait 10 sec before you can use a skill. Tamers had the same problem with the taming skill, but that is now fixed - we want the thief bug fixed as well !!

3. Boxes &amp; bags
----------------------
a. We should be able to steal containers based on the weight of the container itself instead of the contents. If there are blessed or insured items inside the container they should fall into the players main bag when the bag is stolen. EA made it work this way when someone dies, EA should be able to do it when the bag is stolen

b. The Bag of Sending is no longer stealable, make it a "non-bag" if the bags remains unstealable.

c. There is no way you can steal from inside a locked or trapped box. Make it possible to use lockpicking and remove trap on a box in a characters backpack.

4. Stackable items like regs
------------------------------------
No mater what amount there is in the stack, you should be able to steal a proportion of it depending on your stealing skill.

5. Insurance
-----------------
Insurance should not apply to stealing in Fel

6. Shadow Jump
----------------------
After using shadow jump the game thinks you are still trying to perform an action. For example: You shadow jump and then try to use a moongate or get revealed and try to hide again. You will always get the message "You are too busy doing something else..." It will take about 40 seconds for this to go away on it's own.

7. Savage Paint
----------------------
Using savage paint has close to no effect on the risk of getting revealed by detect hidden or tracked. The effects of Savage Paint need to return to normal

8. Pema grey
-----------------
Perma grey was a good way to discourage no-skill-naked town stealing, which pisses off a lot of players and provided the basis for accusing thieves of bieng mere griefers. Bringing Pema Grey back will provide a good balance to removing insurance in fel (for stealing only), and will in general - due to its flexibility and player enforcement - provide a far better balance than any nerf to skills, moves or other restictions to gameplay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second all of that.

D

drewniu

Add to it: keeping an item after dying. It should be at the very least stay on your body.

A

An_Bal_Nox

Something that REALLY Peav's me BAD!!!!

I'm stealthing on a spawn and walk thru a posion field [othwise not a problem if it's lesser and you have HP regen] and now EVERYONE within 2 screens gets a message at bottom of screen *the hidden dude that you can't see, you now notice is poisoned*

OR

*that same dude, whitch you still can't see, eats a orange leaf*

OR

ECT...ECT... Any notice that you normaly get over your head is displayed in a 2 screen radious with your name for all to see, tho you arn't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agrree with what you have to say as well. My stealing skill is in a SS fragment, a broken stone for a broken skill. Probable there to stay forever. . . *sad*

Ohhhh!!!!!!! BTW, this is gunna piss alot of people off! I got this off the bug list. . . http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=1&amp;Number=5767482&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=31&amp;fpart=1
<blockquote><hr>

Thieves: If you kill a thief right after they steal an item (by calling guards or otherwise), the item should either be returned to you, or lootable on their corpse. It seems to work very rarely, but most of the time you lose your item and the thief's corpse is completely empty, meaning it must have been temporarily blessed somehow (applying to regs, etc...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, as i remeber the rules. This is SUPOSTA be like this, thieves get a "temporary blessing" on recently stolen item for about 30 seconds in witch time the item cannot be traded ithor.

I

imported_Viper09

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

6. Shadow Jump
----------------------
After using shadow jump the game thinks you are still trying to perform an action. For example: You shadow jump and then try to use a moongate or get revealed and try to hide again. You will always get the message "You are too busy doing something else..." It will take about 40 seconds for this to go away on it's own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that one so much, but if you use another skill such as mirror image or animal form, that goes away and you are safe to continue whatever.

R

RobY330i

5. Insurance
-----------------
Insurance should not apply to stealing in Fel

I disagree. Insurance should apply but if the item is successfully stolen, then the thief deserves the insurance fee and the targeted item should be sent to the owner's bank box.

G

that defeats the whole purpose of stealing the item in the first place. If i wanted gold, i would steal gold.

Thieves should be able to steal anything from anyone. It is just my opinion but i think the whole item insurance thing is a joke. Definitely something that this game can live without.