• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buggy house

• Thread starter Princess Melody
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
P

Princess Melody

Hello all.
I placed a house in malas last night on my sister's account. I moved all her belonging to it. I triple checked to make sure all the boxes were locked down and secure. This afternoon I logged onto the house owner only to find that about 8 or 9 of the boxes I secured in the back row of the house were just gone. The house lost about 900 lock downs worth of stuff. I ran the character over to the place the boxes had been and I fell threw the floor of house house..... It was just a plot, not customized yet.... I am very frustrated and of course the gms were no help :sad3:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I’ve found when logging in to a spot that didn’t have a house before, then there is a house… you end up logging inside the floor. Not booted out like you would normally be when loosing connection in a strangers house or logging in after trading it away. Can't see how containers, even in a new house, would go poof for no reason. Sucks major. Sorry, babe. I can't stress enough when moving houses, you always place temp containers, empty… then double check their security, then drop whatever you are moving into them. That’s as safe as it can possibly be.

One thing that never changes is that GMs are never help… even when you loose containers through the floor. That’s happened to me 1x… when placing a bag, locking it down, on the first row of the actually house while I was standing on the front step just outside the plot. No trick in the world got it back and needless to say it degraded just seconds before a GM responded to my page. May want to PM Mesanna a line about this missing loot AND the poor response you got.

I would love to know how you placed these containers... if it was like I just mentioned or what.

P

Princess Melody

Actually I did secure boxes first and then move the items. It was so strange, all the boxes were just gone. I made a large row of boxes along the back of the plot. When I logged back on, the ones towards the middle of the house were gone. It was like that particular area of the house is just cursed. I was so careful too, on account of it wasn't my stuff I was moving :sad3:

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sry for your loss the items u will not get back GM will not help u with lost items but the Hole in your house they should be able to help u with

I m also a bit puzzled why your boxes did unlock when they did fall to the ground that did not happen to me when i had an item that did the same

If u havent done it already i think u should post a bug report

If i may speculate
Maybe your house is next to a server line those houses can be a bit buggy but then again i dont remember ever running over a server line in malas i m not sure there is one to be honest

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The whole thing both mystifies and horrifies me. This is a perfect example of why we need full acknowledgement of bugs we report… vs. them never even send back even a form answer. This kind of thing could very well make newer players quit with such losses. But yeah… report it to uobugs AND PM Mesanna, I’d say.

P

Princess Melody

Okkkkkkayyyy, I messaged Mesanna and she got back to meeeee, so hopefully she can help! I don't know how the game mechanics work and stuff, but that would be yay-mazing if she could help me! :thumbup1:

P

Princess Melody

Mesanna hasn't gotten back to me since her original message... I am getting very nervous that this issue will never be resolved..... Argghhhhhh :wall:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may have to remind her. She seamed to be the only staffer that actualy helps us, so I'm sure she's swamped. It would be sooo nice if some of the others did too... but that is the nature of the beast.

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hate to be the one to give you bad news, but I can tell you whatever you lost you might want to start seeing if you can just replace it. Stuff comes and gos in this game both in positive and negative ways. I have been told many times once its lost or deleted thats it they are not allowed to produce items nor can they retrive them. As far as the bug, to me it just seems like maybe the containers just didnt get locked down. The hole in the floor thing is a problem with house teleporters if you move too soon you can get stuck and have to recall out. But I havent heard of anything else, if anything report this bug to EA.

P

Princess Melody

No the boxes were locked down... the lock down available number went from 600ish available to 1500 available.... THEY WERE locked down =(

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hopefully you can get some help with this matter.
I had something similar happen to me but mine was just one item that I lost and it was over a stupid way.
I logged off with a blue tent deed in my pack and it went POOF!
How stupid of a way too lose something.
I also lost a haunted chest but that was something way different and involved me not being more careful when i placed it.

P

Princess Melody

So in the end no...
My issue was not taken care of...
Mesanna reallly let me down :(
I even met her in game around Christmas time on the wrong shard and she could have hopped shards to take a look at my house, but she blew me off.
I lost a ton of items, some irreplaceable. Ultima Online has left a very bitter taste in my mouth this time.....
:stretcher:

T

TecunUman

Hello all.
I placed a house in malas last night on my sister's account. I moved all her belonging to it. I triple checked to make sure all the boxes were locked down and secure. This afternoon I logged onto the house owner only to find that about 8 or 9 of the boxes I secured in the back row of the house were just gone. The house lost about 900 lock downs worth of stuff. I ran the character over to the place the boxes had been and I fell threw the floor of house house..... It was just a plot, not customized yet.... I am very frustrated and of course the gms were no help :sad3:
This just happened to me. I created a new account for the purpose of placing a house next to an IDOC. I tried placing chests on the steps to hold loot once the target house fell. The chests all disappeared, as did a gift box (all the other plots had gift boxes locked down on the steps, so I thought I would try this.) I eventually discovered that large square gift boxes would not disappear, so placed two and secured them. The house fell, loot was collected and placed in the boxes. So this morning I went to collect the loot and like a fool, just released the boxes so I could cart them all off. Within seconds the boxes disappeared. I demolished the house thinking they may have just fell behind the steps, but there was nothing on the ground. Everything was gone.

So, take this as a warning - housing has a strange bug. Don't place a plot and think you can use it. Always check with a few throw-away items to make sure stuff will not go poof.