• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bugged Trapped Crate

I

IdoBods

okay. so, we inherit a house. has lots of stuff in it. sorting through everything, find lots of different types of empty containers. don't think much about (first mistake I know).

anyways, use some crates for storing stuff, just dropping items in. Then due to idiot children who place another house on the account, house goes condemned. we have to move everything.

get moved, now trying to sort through things. G/f opens a crate - insta death. wow, okay was trapped crate. she gets rez'd, and having only played a few weeks she knows no better - trys opening it again - insta death.

I get there, rez her again, do telekinesis on the crate about 5 times.. nothing. I go over, open it no problem. Figure its taken care of. She locks it down.

Few hours later - she is dead again - its retrapped? I get there and do about 20 telekinesis on it - all of them set off traps. Cant get it untrapped now.

Send in help request to be able to get our items out of the crate. Canned response first one - saying report as bug and will take further investigation, and sorry any lost objects can't be returned. umm duh.. nothing is lost, and already submitted bug report too.

Send in another help request. same canned response EXCEPT they left out stuff about lost items.

Now on 3rd request asking why they cant come and make the crate accessible so we can get our stuff out of it, or just remove it for us.. whatever.

so, one, any thoughts on what is up with the crate? and figures about nice GM support.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
turn the box so its facing the other direction then it wont go off :danceb:

I

IdoBods

lmao are you serious that fixes??? ... heading out to try.

awesome.. that was the fix. THANK YOU!

E

Eslake

LOL, I've done the same even tho I Know how to undo them. :p

facing / they don't retrap themselves.
facing \ they trigger every time you open them.

I think they left them functioning that way so that people could actively train healing without having to convince someone to stand around as a ghost all day.

J

Jhym

Course you could also just remove trap on it :stretcher:

oh yeah, nobody does that anymore

G

Gwendar-SP

Nothing bugged about it. A game trapped container like you find in dungeons, shops, and npc camps only goes off once. If a player traps a container the trap is active until the container is relocked with the key and unlocked which deactivates the trap, the trap is removed by someone skilled in remove trap, or the container is destroyed.

As was pointed out the trap isn't active if the container faces the right way.

S

Sheridan

You could also axe the container... it'll set the trap off one last time, but at least the contents will be piled where the container once stood.