• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bugged idocs not on - I've a good mind to quit.

M

mookin1

I've been sat at an IDOC house for the last seven hours waiting for it to collapse so I could place my own house there. It's a nice spot aswell. This is what the sign said. I first found this house a few days ago when it was slightly worn and have been keeping an eye on it.

Name: Demolition Pending
Owner: OSI
This house is open to the public
Condition: This house is in danger of collapsing.

After ages of waiting, the sign changed back to this

Condition: This house is slightly worn

Are these the kind of bugs a paying player has to put up with in UO?

C

Clx-

The cycle just repeats forever on most of them. Know some that have been that way for years.

G

OSI owned houses do not follow normal decay rules usually, the accounts that own the houses have been banned or have some other form of action being taken against them by EA/Mythic.

There are still some OSI owned houses that for years have been going through the decay cycle, stuck forever in a bugged loop of auto refresh.

M

MysticSim

its not bugged.... its a feature.
Also, theres a few still with vendors in the house, they wont fall till the vendor goes.

you have 2 options... ignore it (like the rest of us do now) or camp it every 7 days till you think it will fall.

And by the way.. if your going to quit over this, See ya! theres much more to this game then you have yet to experience that are more pressing than an OSI IDOC that wont fall.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not a bug. This is a house that had vendors in it. It won't fall until vendor contracts expire. It won't necessarily be during an IDOC stage. It could happen at anytime.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah i have been checking a couple of those once a week. Has been a month now and neither has vendors (although one looks like it once did). They do not fall but somehow i have the feeling that it will when everyone gives up on it.

G

Yes, if it says "OSI owned" you can pretty much forget about it. If it is vendor related though, there is an upper limit to how long the contracts have (allowing the vendor owners to reclaim their stuff) before the house finishes its demo cycle (max vendor rental contract is 4 weeks, and the house demo cycle is halted for 9 days after last contract expires). That info is posted on the uo.com website housing FAQ. However, the ones I have seen like this don't seem to be vendor related...judging from the fact that they have been that way for over 2 years.

-Skylark

P.S. in an unrelated issue, but having to do with IDOCs, since you are apparently new, be aware that a house can also be named "In Danger of Collapsing" so don't get fooled by a quick glance at the house sign - if you think you found an IDOC, check the condition status.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quit? You just started. If you can't handle a little frustration, this game isn't for you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Quit? You just started. If you can't handle a little frustration, this game isn't for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my gosh truer words have never been spoken!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not a bug. This is a house that had vendors in it. It won't fall until vendor contracts expire. It won't necessarily be during an IDOC stage. It could happen at anytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of these are bugged and will not fall at all, they just cycle forever.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I've been sat at an IDOC house for the last seven hours waiting for it to collapse so I could place my own house there. It's a nice spot aswell. This is what the sign said. I first found this house a few days ago when it was slightly worn and have been keeping an eye on it.

Condition: This house is in danger of collapsing.

After ages of waiting, the sign changed back to this

Condition: This house is slightly worn

Are these the kind of bugs a paying player has to put up with in UO?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've been sitting looking at the same pixels for the last seven hours, then you need to quit. They need to stop all houses from collapsing until the new fixes come in.

They should also keep the next publish on TC for a while, monitoring it closely. You can be sure all the pathetic scripters will be on there searching for a way to evade the fixes.

Great way to bust and ban 'em. Also a great way to ensure the changes going through are thorough.

Great job Draconi!!! I'd hate to see your efforts fall short...

G

If its any consolation Jeremy as promised to look into the bugged osi ones ans the old type bugged houses with a full new housing sweep of our lands in the near future... soo be patiance.. theres a lot of people waiting for old bugged houses and plots to fall so they ca then place in the free space thats been tied up for years,.......

F

Fayled Dhreams

not a bug ... perse ... A KNOWN "feature" ...
irritating .. to be sure ... some suggestions have been kicked around ... for years ...
For implementation ... to ease some of the actual problems that arise ...
Not likely that IF they are implemented ... that the result would be "first pass simple" ...

Just saying ... IF you HAD "known" ... what you were doing ...
what to expect ...

probably wouldn't have been as .... frustrating ... ...

Which ... honestly ... will hold true for much of the rest of the game ... and its systems ...

Knowledge + experience &gt;&gt;(much greater than) assumptions and guessing ...

PS ..."I've been sat at an IDOC house for the last seven hours waiting" /=/(does not equal) After ages of waiting, the sign changed ...

details
details

SPS
btw ... recent "success" by another player another facet another shard ...
Moral: "You Can Do It" ... it wont be "easy"

Play On!

G

Its not a bug, and its not like IDOCs are some in game system designed for peoples amusement anyway.