• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bugged BOD timer?!

B

Boogieman

Recently my BOD timer appears to be messed up in a big way.

I have two characters - smith and tailor - who collects BODs every morning and every evening. But ever so often one of them is not eligible for a BOD.

One morning it was the tailor: An offer may be available in 834 minutes.

This morning it was my smith: An offer may be available in 1164 minutes.

That's 19 hours ans 24 minutes mind you. Am I missing some change made recently?

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weird, but I know how to fix it. First get a small normal bod of 10 items and turn it in. Presto the bug is fixed.

-Lorax

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very strange. Haven't ever heard of this one before. Try LP's idea and fill & turn in a BOD to reset the timer.

Hrothgard

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously ? Turning in a small resets the timer to zero ??

so I can go home today collect a bod turn in a small (helm for example) and collect another bod after turn in ?

I was unaware of this lol Thank you !!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is/was used for mass-scripting bods. Mainly tailoring for its low costs for resources ...
For collecting junk bods give 'some' of your chars 0.1 in blacksmith/tailoring. They will be able to get a bod every hour. You can fill those and turn them in with your main smith/tailor and get an other bod with a chance for a good one after each turn in. (And 0.1-tailor bods only use little cloth. Once you have a good stock of the low end reward cloth, you can fill those small bods without buying additional cloth until your fingers bleed or until you run out of small bods. Unfortunately this is one of the reasons for the high supply of barbed runic kits and their relativ low prices.)

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is/was used for mass-scripting bods. Mainly tailoring for its low costs for resources ...
For collecting junk bods give 'some' of your chars 0.1 in blacksmith/tailoring. They will be able to get a bod every hour. You can fill those and turn them in with your main smith/tailor and get an other bod with a chance for a good one after each turn in. (And 0.1-tailor bods only use little cloth. Once you have a good stock of the low end reward cloth, you can fill those small bods without buying additional cloth until your fingers bleed or until you run out of small bods. Unfortunately this is one of the reasons for the high supply of barbed runic kits and their relativ low prices.)
One doesn't have to be a scripter to Bod cycle, so that's sort of a bad use of a broadly sweeping brush. As annoying as it can be, I tend to cycle more than a few on a weekly basis, and yes, it's about getting the RSK's and CBD's. I don't resale - I have 10 chars I want to make ubah (snicker) suits for, and tend to burn a few up while praying for just the right spin on the RNG. I also do the same thing for blacksmithing, for PoF's and low end runics.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It was April 2005 that the ability to turn in a BOD to immediately request a new one was added - getting close to 5 years ago_Of course, I've been accused of scripting, while BOD cycling.

You can get into a rhythm where you can turn in over 12 BODs a minute, and the timer that is supposed to make 5 seconds between turn-ins doesn't quite work right (I think it probably looks more for uniformity of the turn-in speed than the actual 5 seconds). I usually do 30 BODs at a time, as that's where you start having weight difficulty from the cloth, or maybe hitting item count issues, if you have a book of filled BODs on you.