• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bugged arrows (for real this time)

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Be an archer.

Put on quiver with 500 arrows.

Carry another quiver of 500 in backpack.

Shoot things until quiver being worn is mostly empty.

Decide to go farm more arrows.

Go to empty second quiver to make room.

Second quiver does not have 500 arrows in it like it says. Rather it has one arrow that uses the graphic for a stack of arrows, and which the interface thinks is a stack of 60k arrows even though it only weighs one stone.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Its the leftovers from an old "feature" where you could overload your quivers. The fix was to ruin your arrows so it says its a stack of 65486, looks like a stack but its only one arrow and you cant use them.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Anyone know how you avoid having this happen? I'd like to carry more than one quiver without them randomly eating all the arrows.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know how you avoid having this happen? I'd like to carry more than one quiver without them randomly eating all the arrows.
Been an archer for more than 10 years in this game, carry one on my back and 4 extra quivers each full of arrows in my pack and this never has happened to me. As was said above, it was a bug/exploit many years ago and you may have got some of the bugged arrows. I'd suggest putting all the arrows you own including the ones in the quivers in a comm deed, then break the comm deed and see if those arrows do it again. And you may even have one of the bugged quivers that you could put more than 500 arrows in, if so call a GM to get it fixed.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've never had this problem on my archer's either. What are the exact type of quivers you are using? Have you tried replacing the quiver to see if it still happens?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If it's something from a bugged Quiver let me know what shard you are on... if it's the quiver from the Heritage Token and it's bugged just PM me I'll see if I have another Heritage token or two for you and you can throw the thing away.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Okay I'm going to start carrying two quivers again and try to keep track of exactly when this happens. I'll bump this thread if/when I get some better details.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What type of quiver? Forgive me if that is a dumb question. To be honest, I had never considered carrying more than one quiver until now.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What type of quiver? Forgive me if that is a dumb question. To be honest, I had never considered carrying more than one quiver until now.
Quiver of the Elements - Number one reason - 50% weight reduction!

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My quiver of the elements is apparently just randomly eating full loads of 500 arrows and turning them into that bugged item.

Are all of them doing this or just mine? Should I buy another?

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use quiver of infinity, lower ammo cost but slightly less weight reduction than elements. I've never had a problem with arrows.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My quiver of the elements is apparently just randomly eating full loads of 500 arrows and turning them into that bugged item.

Are all of them doing this or just mine? Should I buy another?
It's a bugged quiver, either call a GM or if it were me, I'd just pitch in in the trash and get another one or two. They got bugged because someone exploited them.