• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've a butcher's war cleaver. It could cut and put in the backpack the leather.
No, it's not right :(
I have 480 of str (i'm an elf). It works well until i reached about 300 str. Until i have in my backpack about 250/300 stones.
Then the cleaver cut the leather but it remains in the corpse
It's an enormous bug!!!!!!!!!

R

RichDC

It tends to leave the leather on the corpse if it will put you overweight, or if your close to being overweight. Im not sure the exact amount it will do it at though.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya that's about right on the weight, its messed up a lot. I have a human & it quits about 120 before he's over weight :coco:

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK.
Buy Snakeman, if i farm leather i obiouvsly need the more weight i can :cursing:
Not only an half of them :(
It's not a bug? Well, it's a not a normal weight ........

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It tends to leave the leather on the corpse if it will put you overweight, or if your close to being overweight. Im not sure the exact amount it will do it at though.
Nio, i'm not overweight.
Maybe i could be overweight if the cleaver doesn't cut the leather!
I ask to myself. What is the limit of overweight?
And when i use the cleaver when it make the check for the weight?
Before cutting leather or after?
Please, answer to me only if you know the rightr answer :thumbsup:

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nio, i'm not overweight.
Maybe i could be overweight if the cleaver doesn't cut the leather!
I ask to myself. What is the limit of overweight?
And when i use the cleaver when it make the check for the weight?
Before cutting leather or after?
Please, answer to me only if you know the rightr answer :thumbsup:
Im sorry to say this Ivory but its been like this for a long time, i doubt it will change in any near future.

S

Stupid Miner

hm... See if the combinations of the weight of the hides and the weight of the resulting cut leather added together is more than what you could carry, may be in, no idea, but yea, as they said this bug has been around for a while.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if the weight of the uncut leather will put you over, then it will not go into your pack, even tho the butcher's war cleaver cuts the leather for you it looks at the weight of the uncut to determine whether it goes into the pack or not

C

Connor_Graham

The bug has something to do with the old weight calculations, or something along those lines. Someone went into some detail on this bug a while back.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is mostly correct. It will leave leather on the corpese of the weight of the *uncut* leather plus your current weight will put you over your limit. I've been dealing with this bug for some time now as I've been training my tamer on ridgebacks, and using the war cleaver to collect spined leather from them.

T

thelust6

Connor is bang on; isn't is something to do with the max weight an elf can hold? Same issue for human characters too, also I didn't think it would drop in your pack if your within a certain range of your char's max weight that you can carry so it doesn't make you overloaded? Dunno if that was intended though with the item? x

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bug has something to do with the old weight calculations, or something along those lines. Someone went into some detain on this bug a while back.
It does have to do with the old weight/capacity values. Sometime prior to the introduction of elves, your backpack could only hold 400 stones, regardless if you could carry more.

My tailor (human) will start leaving the hides on the corpse around ~350 stones of character weight (the number on the expanded health bar). He can easily carry 600 stones at his current strength. Even at lower strengths, the weight limit is still the same.

There is also a relation to the number of items you have in your backpack. I have found that you will leave leather on the corpse around ~65 items in your backpack (even if your weight is low). This can easily happen if you have a very full BOD book on you.

It is not a bug. It is just how the system currently works. Taking the cut leather from the corpse is still faster and easier than skinning it, taking the hides, and cutting them into leather.

Stayin Alive,

BG

V

Vincia Eaglehorn

dont know the exact values when it starts to begin leavin leather in the corpse

a reason could be that when you use the cleaver it first takes the pile of uncut leather in your backpack ... and then you are overweight, because the weight is much more than cut leather

and when its in your backback it cuts the laether ... of course you dont see the process taking uncut leather into your backpack nor you see its cutting, you just see the results

i really dont know