• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Bug with sampire?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello,

I have character with necromancy 70% and 29% from jewerly = 99% for Vampire form.
I can cast Vampire form and all goes OK. But in few weeks (one month?) I have lost my form VERY often.
I just got text "You cannot maintain form" and Vampire form is gone.
I have NOT:
* Take skill +29% jewerly off
* Not in server line (Happened many times many different places)

Also I have had this same suit about 4 month and just started to happen in few week ago.

Any idea what is going on?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You need to have 99% skill all the time to maintain vampire form.
If your skill lowers from 99%, you lose vampire form.

Entering a dungeon can affect your skill level till the server processes your new location, and so does teleporting to a new server line.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hellos,
This have happened now many times during boss.. Have lost 4 time Vampire form on boss fight on worst case... Strange thing that I have done same bosses with same suit many (50+) times before and newer lost form as I have lost it past few weeks... Also there is no server lines.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello,

I have character with necromancy 70% and 29% from jewerly = 99% for Vampire form.
I can cast Vampire form and all goes OK. But in few weeks (one month?) I have lost my form VERY often.
I just got text "You cannot maintain form" and Vampire form is gone.
I have NOT:
* Take skill +29% jewerly off
* Not in server line (Happened many times many different places)

Also I have had this same suit about 4 month and just started to happen in few week ago.

Any idea what is going on?
Could be Purge Magic from a Mysticism creature, if you have no or low magic resist I think that may be your issue:

"Attempts to remove a beneficial ward from the Target, chosen randomly. The chance to successfully Purge Magic is determined by a
comparison between the Caster's Mysticism and either Focus or Imbuing(whichever is greater) skills, the Target's Resisting Spells skill
and the level of the beneficial ward."

Purge Magic - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
All of these issues will occasionally cause you to loose form. I recommend you work up to 99 necro real skill and change the jewels to another skill/reduce real skill accordingly.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Could be Purge Magic from a Mysticism creature, if you have no or low magic resist I think that may be your issue:

"Attempts to remove a beneficial ward from the Target, chosen randomly. The chance to successfully Purge Magic is determined by a
comparison between the Caster's Mysticism and either Focus or Imbuing(whichever is greater) skills, the Target's Resisting Spells skill
and the level of the beneficial ward."

Purge Magic - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Wow... never knew that. Figured the Gargs in the Abyss had hidden bard skills lol. Thanks.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All of these issues will occasionally cause you to loose form. I recommend you work up to 99 necro real skill and change the jewels to another skill/reduce real skill accordingly.
How it does difference here is skill real or from jewels?