• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Bug with raised garden bed

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I got my first garden bed (as soon as they came out), I was able to *set the security* on the bed so that my house co-owners could access the bed. I loved the bed so much, that I got the bed for all 5 of my accounts.

Since then, however, I have had to take down the beds and move them, resize them, etc.

I do not know if that is what "broke" it, but now there appears to be no way to set the access security on the beds. The window for it won't even come up!

I am presuming this is a bug, but I am really hoping I just cannot remember how to do it. I hold little hope for that however, as I have tried it with plants in it, when it was empty of plants, etc. etc.

Does anyone know? And does EA know about this bug? (I have not officially posted it yet, myself.)

Thx.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe, whoever plants the seeds can tend the plants, provided they're friended to the house. Try planting a seed with the char you want to be able to tend it. You can't set the security as such.

correction, they can be used by owners or co owners, not friends

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But before, it had an actual "Set Security" gump! And that allowed me to set the security to 'co-owners' - so that one could plant the seeds and a co-owner could harvest them. Now that option is gone. So either it's broken, or they removed the feature. I can and will have to keep doing what I have been doing - log in with the "one" character that will be my 'gardener' who does all of the planting and harvesting. But it kinda bums me out that we had the feature and now it's gone.

And I could see where it would be nice to, say, set the security on a bed of bright orange plants to 'guild' or 'friends' so that the plants could just stay in the bed and folks could harvest petals when they wanted to.

I was really hoping there was just some trick I had forgotten to get that gump to come up again. Ah well.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, there's no security gump. I've edited our page on it.
If a co owner plants the seed, any co owner on the same account will be able to harvest seeds and resources from that plant.

I've done some checking.
on my bed: Clarrie can tend the plants, she's on the account that owns the house
Heidi can tend the plant, she is co-owned and she planted the seed
Piper can tend the plant, she is co-owned and on the same account as Heidi
Kirsten can't tend the plant. She is on the same account as Heidi and Piper, but she's only friended to the house.
Nevah can't tend the plant, he's co-owned to the house, but not on the same account as Heidi.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On another note the sugar cane plants seem to be bugged on collecting resources. I have 3 plants growing, I waited for the resources to show 2/8, collected the sugar from one plant, and the remaining plants in that bed went to 0/6. I waited another day and verified that the resources showed 1/6 on all three gumps, collected from one and the remaining plants went to 0/5 on resources. Is anyone esle seeing this with other plants. I posted in uohall about this and sent a ingame bug report.

I will be going to the plant bowls for these.
I had some plants that were just planted before I noticed this. I went to abort the plot and the seeds turned into bamboo seeds. Guess that is my luck. Off to kill more Kapas

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
On another note the sugar cane plants seem to be bugged on collecting resources. I have 3 plants growing, I waited for the resources to show 2/8, collected the sugar from one plant, and the remaining plants in that bed went to 0/6. I waited another day and verified that the resources showed 1/6 on all three gumps, collected from one and the remaining plants went to 0/5 on resources. Is anyone esle seeing this with other plants. I posted in uohall about this and sent a ingame bug report.

I will be going to the plant bowls for these.
I had some plants that were just planted before I noticed this. I went to abort the plot and the seeds turned into bamboo seeds. Guess that is my luck. Off to kill more Kapas
When I tried to use the raised bed for sugar cane, it appeared that the plants kind of "merged" (visually and actually) and I was only able to harvest one plant from the two I'd planted side-by-side. Definitely, always use the plant pots for sugar cane.