• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[bug] Stackable items cannot be purchased from vendors

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm seeing a bug which makes stackable items not buyable when placed on vendors. You take items from a stack, stock the vendor normally, and the items go on without problem. Everything seems fine - you're charged vendor fees, etc... ...except the vendor refuses to actually SELL the items. When people try to buy, it gives an error. This seems to have started with the most recent publish. So far I've seen this affect @Assia Penryn, myself, and another friend's mall. It seems to be any stackable item. Once the items become bugged on the vendor, they can no longer stack. Any bugged grass or snow tiles, if a bag of them is dropped in the Britain chest, they disappear instead of stacking.

This is confirmed to affect at least gold foil, grass tiles, snow tiles, gorgon lenses, seeds of renewal, and all imbuing and peerless ingredients. Anyone else had this happen, and with any other items?

Until this is fixed, if you stock stackable items, you may want to log in on an alt and check that items you've stocked actually can be purchased - your vendors may be ripping you off. :p

@Kyronix @Mesanna

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once the error is given... not only do they not stack with others, but they won't go back on a vendor either... they act like it is a duped item. I've lost hundreds of gold foil that I bought on another shard (from a vendor), brought to Atlantic to sell. Some I gave away and some I'm still sitting on in hopes that it gets fixed. They initially go on the vendor just fine... no matter if 10, 100, singles, etc stacks and then become bugged and then just eat vendor fees like candy. When pulled off, they won't go back on. I don't know if there is a skill like item id that someone uses on the items to cause this to happen or is it is random glitch.

I have had a case of it doing it with a stack of enchanted apples as well.... initially goes on just fine, but then glitches and can't be put back on once removed.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Stackable items that are transferred, including snow and grass tiles, won't stack with existing piles either. Perhaps these are related?

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
This is likely why noone seems to be selling gold foil, grass, snow, etc these days.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yep. i cant find my post but i complained about this almost a month ago and got no response. Hopefully they get it fixed.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope so too. I put stacked snow on my vendor but it could not be bought. Took it off and could not put it on again. It was snow I claimed as gifts on some shard myself, and transferred. If the Britain chest eats them I have lost plenty of grass and snow. Didnt check ..

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm more of a rares guy. So things I brought back from Atlantic like donuts are doing this. Difference being they cost a lot more than the stackables most people think about. Really bummed about this. Lost a lot of gold. Soon as people hear they're not vendorable they think they're duped or something. But I bought them off vendors! The problem the op is having is exactly what's happening to me also.

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
One way to check is if you pull the item off the vendor it won't go back on. Which is weird it would go on the vendor in the first place.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
One way to check is if you pull the item off the vendor it won't go back on. Which is weird it would go on the vendor in the first place.
Did you try to drop it on ground and pick it up again? I remember I had problem with some orange petals I took of my vendor but got them to stack again

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well all I know is going to another shard and bringing back grass and snow they WON'T stack together.... I now have about 30 piles of grass and snow that won't combine because they came from other shards. And NO dropping them in the Brit box doesn't work to "fix" them as you think it ought to... since now they are stacked it doesn't recognize them... it's weird. And VERY Annoying.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Did you try to drop it on ground and pick it up again? I remember I had problem with some orange petals I took of my vendor but got them to stack again
I'll try that! But I'm thinking if I do get it back on the vendor people won't be able to buy it anyway lol Would like to get those donuts to stack again :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That would be nice if that worked but since Grass and Snow won't let you put them on the ground outside your house anymore be sort of difficult.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Putting on the ground didn't do anything to fix the seeds I have that are broken.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wonder if this is anything to do with the problem I was having here: Grass Tiles rebounding | Stratics, reported in early Nov. I can stock my grass/snow etc from inside coowned premises and people have been 'buying' the tiles. But outside the premises not.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So is anyone @Kyronix @Bleak looking at this? I purchased daemon claws on Atlantic a while ago, i deeded them, and took them back to my home shard where I undeeded them and put them in my house. I used a few to make some weapons and with the left overs decided to 'sell' some on my vendor, only to have them rebound to my backpack saying 'this item is impermissible and can not be vended' or some such nonsense. It appears this is happening with a LOT of items and as yet I see no response by the devs as to whether they are even aware of or looking into the issue.

Last edited:

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm having an issue with items not stacking independent of vendors as well. I brought some peerless mats home to Napa that had been acquired on another shard from the box that comes up with white nets and they won't stack with the pile in my house.