• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Bug Reports

How many bugs have you submitted in the new client?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-5

• 6-10

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 11-15

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 16-20

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 21-25

• 26+

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
K

Kiwillian

How many bug reports have you made in the SA client?

I've probably made about 15-20 I think. It makes me sad that so many bugs I reported in KR 6 months to a year ago are still there. Does the bug report feature even work?

What is your "favourite" bug or perhaps most detested?

Mine is the blinky broken animation on deco items. I reported that aaagggeesss ago and here it is still. :(

I have still yet to test Dawn's Music Box as some tracks did not play in KR but I haven't been able to find any gears on my shard.

F

Fink

This time around I've been keeping a tally with pencil & notepad. I just mark off another when I submit them.

F

Fink

I report everything.

To my mind, thinking "I'm sure they've noticed that" or "It's okay it's just beta" defeats the purpose of testing.

K

Kiwillian

I agree, and I thought my 15-20 was a lot, but 247 is madness! lol

I used to use KR, so the SA client was the natural step. However there are so many broken things. It seems to be that they are focusing on crash and performance issues to the exclusion of everything else.

Many of the bugs I have reported in the SA client I also reported in KR so they were obviously not fixed (examples are the animated deco being broken and animated deco showing though floors).

I sometimes wonder if the in-game bug report tool even works, or if they care :( So many basic things are fundamentally broken, like the chat windows (get something to word wrap and you'll see). The plant gump is another good example, what a mess!

F

Fink

Sadly, from my own experience, it seems they're more focused on crashes than performance. I've crashed once since closed beta began, but I've suffered horrible performance the whole way through. The feedback questionnaires also seem to mention crashing much more than performance.

But yeah, I've since reported stuff I've already mentioned in KR.. which makes me also wonder if the bug reports get through.