• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

bug or something stupid I missed?

• Thread starter slasherofveils
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

slasherofveils

Been working on training my old school dexxer into a samurai pally, and I noticed something today when I upgraded a few pieces of armor:

my base DCI is -20 (naked) (fixed)
no spells up, or atleast none are showing, but I don't have any magery to cast anything either.

What would be causing this and how can I fix it?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like there is still a spell active, maybe reactive armor or protection or magic reflect spell.Might need to get some jewelry to get enough skill to recast those spells.

S

slasherofveils

only thing is no spell descrip even says it lowers DCI.

edit:

Just logged on my mage to check if one did change DCI, and it doesn't.

What could be causing this?

S

slasherofveils

Well what spell besides divine fury drops your DCI?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Well what spell besides divine fury drops your DCI?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure yet, I'm checking things out on my characters.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok i found one more thing that drops DCI:

Hit Lower Defense - A successful hit with this weapon lowers the defense rating of the target by 25% for 8 seconds against all attackers. There is no cap on HLD. HLD percentages are multiplied rather than added - for example, if you have two items, one with a 30% chance and one with a 50% chance, then that’s a 65% chance that the effect will fire on any given hit. The effect does not stack with itself, although additional effects will reset the duration.

But that means if you did get hit by it that it should have worned off.

S

slasherofveils

been sitting in my house the past 20 minutes and it remains the same

G

Have found with some of the curse spells that if I log off before it has worn off that it will stay active and no longer time out - the work around for this is to get something to cast the same spell on you again and then it will wear off.

Sounds like you got hit and logged out prior to effects of hit wearing off, suggest go fight same stuff you should get hit again at some point and then it should wear off normally

S

Smakkatron Jones

I don't know for certain, but I think Honorable Execution does something bad like that to you if you fail to kill your target. Perhaps someone can test that.

S

slasherofveils

honorable execution lowers resists and prohibits use of bushido if you fail to kill, nothing about lowering DCI.

As for UO Relic's theory, if someone on catskills with a HLD weapon can test it out with me, I would be much appreciable, as I am still suffering from this -20 base dci problem.