• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug or Exploit??

G

ok so when i fight blues in fel everytime i redline members of a certain guild they disappear like they recalled with no spell just poof gone.
they dont use smoke bombs or hiding so im assuming its some kinda exploit any fix for this in the future?

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

Horn of Retreat?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the horn of retreat WAS addressed ...iirc because it was being used in a dungeon farming template
also had, iirc, a lighter colored gate associated with it ...
*shrugs*

bracelets of binding?

G

nope none of these things and i know the people and they dont have stealth or hiding and also once the disappear they are not in the same spot i try to walk over where they disappeared from and nothing there.
i heard people say its some sort of quest exploit.
i think it may have to do with virtues because only their blues can do it.

G

Must not be my guild I get that allot but I have stealth. I have a stash of INvis cloaks with the old school charges and I have heard allot of mean names liked you tageted you (insert vulgarity here).

suits in handy with a maxed out hp regen all 70s suite.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Neither a bug or an exploit, it's a feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate since you claim it is a feature, nice to have folks on a level field

G

Were they using the bracelets? I forget the name of them the solon quest bracelets.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Neither a bug or an exploit, it's a feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate since you claim it is a feature, nice to have folks on a level field

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't you heard? This game is free of bugs or exploits. So it MUST be a
feature. Ask any Dev.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Were they using the bracelets? I forget the name of them the solon quest bracelets.

[/ QUOTE ]
ill have to try this to see if it works flagged

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple">I see people leave regularly with no Kal Ort Por... isn't there an option, with UO Assist, to conceal the words of power (or something to that effect, haven't used UOA in years)? </font>

F

Fayled Dhreams

... mmmm no, I don't think so ...(conceal words of power with UOA)
Likely they would conceal MORE than Just Kal Ort Por .. know what I mean?
IF they had/could ... likely the screaming for a fix...
would STILL be going on ...

just saying ...

big sam ??? how did it go? the test? Bracelet of Binding while flagged ..

???

oh yeah ...probably NOT "Horn of Retreat"
Players can no longer use the Horn of retreat from locations that normally don’t allow teleporting out of. Players may also now only use this item if they are in either Trammel or Malas.
(Aug 15 2006)

G

<blockquote><hr>

ok so when i fight blues in fel everytime i redline members of a certain guild they disappear like they recalled with no spell just poof gone.
they dont use smoke bombs or hiding so im assuming its some kinda exploit any fix for this in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only thing that can be is old invisibility items with charges.

G

<blockquote><hr>

conceal the words of power

[/ QUOTE ]No, it's "Reveal Hidden Words of Power"; like when someone else tries to hide them by spamming...

In Vas Mani
Kal Ort Por
Rel Por
Kal Vas Flam
Corp Por
In Jux Hur Ylem
ETC.

...it all goes into the lower left 'system' area and only the actual words of power appear over their head. It also puts the name of the spell after them if you like.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> ahhh, that's what I must be remembering
thank you, Ruby!

conceal..... reveal.... one or the other

edit to add a thought.... is it possible to link multiple bracelets to one? one guy stands a safe distance, someone 'on the band' gets in trouble and hits it? would account for everyone being able to do it </font>

I

imported_Mister E.

look around the diff forums...luna....WBB...and you will see a growing # of people suddenly in the market for invisibility items. usually this is a good indicator of fishiness to me.

G

However he said he ran over the spot where the person dissapeared and didn't get a "Push" message. Therefore it can't just be Invis Items if the person he's pursuing is not a Stealther. If i remember right Bracelets of Binding require a few seconds to initiate the teleport. Will have to test it out with my Bracelet of Binding that has 1136 Charges (My father thought they had a limit and dumped all the Powder into it one day).

I have a UOA macro though that i use on my Stealth/Fencer that i use once a get a sufficient distance away from a pursuer to hide. I'll be running and the instant before i use the Macro i slow down to a walk, then use the UOA Macro. The UOA macro hides me, hops me off my Ethy Llama, and puts me in Wolf Form. I can easily get out of the way of the pursuing person then and out of the range of a Explosion Pot/Greater Conflag Pot/Earthquake then too. Most people think i'm cheating when i do this, because one second they can see me in a full out run, the next second i'm gone and not in their path to run over. However if i goof and hit the UOA Macro button when i don't got enough room to hide or am still in a full out run, i basically shoot myself in the foot.

I

imported_Mister E.

<blockquote><hr>

However he said he ran over the spot where the person dissapeared and didn't get a "Push" message. Therefore it can't just be Invis Items if the person he's pursuing is not a Stealther. If i remember right Bracelets of Binding require a few seconds to initiate the teleport. Will have to test it out with my Bracelet of Binding that has 1136 Charges (My father thought they had a limit and dumped all the Powder into it one day).

I have a UOA macro though that i use on my Stealth/Fencer that i use once a get a sufficient distance away from a pursuer to hide. I'll be running and the instant before i use the Macro i slow down to a walk, then use the UOA Macro. The UOA macro hides me, hops me off my Ethy Llama, and puts me in Wolf Form. I can easily get out of the way of the pursuing person then and out of the range of a Explosion Pot/Greater Conflag Pot/Earthquake then too. Most people think i'm cheating when i do this, because one second they can see me in a full out run, the next second i'm gone and not in their path to run over. However if i goof and hit the UOA Macro button when i don't got enough room to hide or am still in a full out run, i basically shoot myself in the foot.

[/ QUOTE ]

pardon me, but didnt the OP mention a bug or exploit? perhaps a bug or exploit which involves an item...perhaps an invisibility item hmm? and didnt the OP also mention the char not having stealth? feel free to correct me if i am wrong...

G

Yes, he said it might be a Bug or Exploit, and other people were saying it was just probably the person using a Invisibility Item to "Dissapear" and not some Bug/Exploit. If it was only an Invisibility Item, as soon as he ran over them he would get the "You seem to push through something invisible" message. If they were not a Stealther, if they tried to move out of his way while Invisible they would become Visible again.

So yes, it is more than likely a Bug/Exploit.

Believe me, i know alot about how Stealthing works, i've had a Stealth/Fencer since before Tram, back when it was actually hard and took skill to be a Stealther.

I

imported_Mister E.

when i mentioned fishiness in my post i was implying a bug or exploit involved with an invisibility item. being around the game for as long as i have tells me to take a second look when people are buying large amounts of certain items all over the place for no apparent reason. (of course invis items have always been sought...but not to this extent)