• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bug (Feature?) with new auto watering pitcher

X

Xevious

I happened to have my journal open this morning while tending plants and noticed that every time you water a plant using the pitcher on the gump, it displays a message in the journal that says "my initial water left is XXX". It doesn't show if you use the pitcher to water a bowl directly (i.e. double-click pitcher and target bowl). While definitely a bug, its a useful feature for knowing when your water pitcher is getting low.

L

Lady Vivian

It certainly is a very useful feature. I have been filling my pitcher at one of the water waves. Had no idea how much water was actually in the pitcher. Discovered I have over 4000 pours left. Guess I don't need to fill it again for a while. LOL As far as a bug is concerned, I don't think so. You hear the water being poured and on the plant gump the water indicator changes after each pour as well as the pitcher count being lowered each time. I personally think it is working very nicely and am very happy with the addition. :thumbup1:

D

debsmad

I think Xevious meant that the count doesn't show if you use the pitcher directly (not click the pitcher icon in the gump).

D

DHMagicMan_1

I'm guessing the the code to write "xxx pours left" to the Journal" is behind the water button on the plant gump...

If you dbl click on the pitcher and then target something, yourself for instance, you will take a drink of water and it doesn't show how many uses are left in the pitcher.

Sak didn't touch the code for the water pitcher itself, that I'm aware of, she just fixed the plant gump to find water if available, and to journal how much is left.