• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Budget laptop for UO

Verk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am interested in coming back to the game and was curious if a laptop for around $500 would work well for it.

Something like one of the following:

Lenovo IdeaPad S400 (59385916) Intel Core i3 3217U(1.80GHz) 4GB Memory 500GB HDD
TOSHIBA Satellite L55D-A5349 AMD A-Series A8-5545M(1.70GHz) 6GB Memory 750GB HDD
SONY VAIO F Series SVF15412CXB AMD A-Series A8-5545M(1.70GHz) 4GB Memory 750GB HDD

When I played last, I was primarily focused on PVP and participated in large 25+ person fights. I would hope to do the same, assuming people are still playing like that. Would the above machines work well in this situation? I know my old machine would suffer with 20 different mage fields/walls and people on the screen. And I would prefer to have no system lag at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use an Intel i5 with 8gb RAM, and dedicated 1gb ATI GPU (DELL N4050) seems to be fine for the game. I think internet connection is more important though than actual machine you are using.

Verk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use an Intel i5 with 8gb RAM, and dedicated 1gb ATI GPU (DELL N4050) seems to be fine for the game. I think internet connection is more important though than actual machine you are using.
Thanks for replying. I used to play on a older laptop and it could not handle more than a few people on screen at any given time. My connection was fine at the time, so I just want to make sure I do not have the same problem again.