• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Brush with Death

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a sunny afternoon that I decided to farm a bit of silver and gain a few points in monster ignore. Blighted Grove was a mess with creatures all about. It was bitterly slow at first trying to get Coil out of my way but managed it pretty well I would say as I lured it to the entrance of Saliva and slipped inside moving through to the other side. All that done I finally sat down on a nearby log and let my dragon kill those vicious silver serpents while I watched viligantly for any unwanted guests.

Once I reached my goal I stayed a bit longer, why not, it had been quiet since my arrival, but all good things seem to have a way of ending abruptly. Out of the darkness which guarded the entrance to the tree came Death. Who he was I had no clue all I seemed to focus on as he approached was the orange glow above his head and I knew it would be either me or him in the end. I quickly headed to the exit followed by silver serpents and of course Death close behind, which unbelievably managed to get in front of me blocking the exit not a hard task really for I was on foot!

My dragon's attention currently on the serpents I thought for sure I would perish. Somehow I managed to get my dragon to attack Death as I healed the damage he had dealt and he quickly ducted outside only to returned. I move through the the passage as did he, well I moved back inside seeing
as my dragon didn't follow lucky for me my machette had not lost it's miracle cutting of the binding branches. Death decided to stay outside and lay a trap or so he thought but My dragon was a bit to much for him I think.

He left the enclosed area right out side the grove laying a poison field on the log bridge presumeably to keep me in. Well I stayed in that small area thinking it was my only hope of escaping. I placed a energy field on the log bridge and the side entrance quickly in hopes of holding him at bay while I made my getaway. Luckily my gate opened and I quickly passed through to the safety of my home expecting Death to follow. He did not and perhaps he made the right choice for the gate was fielded and my dragon stood guard. I do not know who Death is but I'd like to thank you for an exciting end to my little venture into Blighted Grove *I shall remember thy name.* is whispered into the breeze.

(Seems Welcome back is in order!!)