• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Broken Health Bars

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have two guildmates that have the same issue. They both say after logging in and playing for awhile that health bars on everything (players, monsters, pets) quit showing damage taken. When fighting something, they don't know how much health is has left until it drops dead. Hell of a way to play, any ideas for a fix? One of them said this has been happening for years.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Happens to my pets health bar in Hythloth quite often. Especially when it goes far then comes back. Luckily it can survive lots on its own. Against stuff I am not dare to come close. But really fun to see message "low pet health" when bar shows 100%.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I commented new legacy because that's all the developers seem interested in not fixing decades old bugs or new ones they said we fixed (ghost mobs) I've resigned myself to what it is recycled grind fest with powerful pixel crack rewards while nothing is fixed as all resources are used on NL which might or might not have all the decades old bugs...

Cork

Sage
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is just another bug that's been going on for years that the devs refuse to fix.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Does it happen mainly if they have been logged in for a long time? Wondering if relog fixes it.
Also yeah what clients are they using?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does it happen mainly if they have been logged in for a long time? Wondering if relog fixes it.
Also yeah what clients are they using?
Usually starts about 10-15 mins after they log in. Relogging in/out will fix it for a short amount of time. This has been happening to one of them for several years, the other it just started within the past 3 months or so. I know one plays CC, the other I'm not sure.

Darkside

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This is on EC it happens all the time to me , pet health at 95% on screen and I get a low health warning . Scramble mode ensues with trying to heal

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I notice that this happens during these events after multiple weeks of playing. I think there is maybe just too much spawn, damage, etc going on and the client cannot keep up.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
this is one of these bugs that should be fixxed asap, and lets not forget about all the exploited pets still around or still being created.

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I get this just with my Treasure Hunter (EC) after 1 to 2 hours playing. I'll let my colossus fight and walk in and out of range and then the health bars get stuck.
Relog fixes the problem for me

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Had this happen for years on most of my chars as well - just figured it was another "feature".... Currently in Hythloth I just use target nearest hostile over and over again, it updates every time I do this, but of course also often changes target, and can be dangerous around Paras.

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Broken Health Bars"

Oh dear S_S I must be experiencing Halloween candy fog, or I just need more chocolate!

I read the subject title as ....
Broken Heath Bars *giggles*

*cookie hug*

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I started noticing this with the Deceit event. It seems to be some kind of corruption with the character's desktop.uos, which I can usually fix by restoring from my backup (I use a .bat file for backing up as well as restoring).

If I made a backup after the corruption hit, though, then I have to delete that character's desktop.uos and recreate it.