• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Broadsword Found The Cure

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This event is the sure fire cure for spending too much time online. Prime time and maybe 7 or 8 people a night in Destard for most of the week. Congrats! Those petitions parents have been sending in to make the game less attractive to their teens spending too much time online worked! Gawd this is boring. No one in chat, 3 people in the dungeon, paragon death breath spawns everywhere. Much fun is had by ... well no one. Just a silly rant by a bored player. I think my house needs vacuuming. I better jump on that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May have to do with the rewards.

If Another Balron armor piece was a reward or this was the first time SSI epps were available it may be different.

Also maybe ppl are collecting eggs instead.

The quivers are not good for my templates. I have Fey slayer weapons, dont need tali.

Ill get some Ankhs a whip, and some plinths plus 2 lore books.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If Another Balron armor piece was a reward or this was the first time SSI epps were available it may be different.

The quivers are not good for my templates. I have Fey slayer weapons, dont need tali.

I normally get everything I "need" in the first week. This time is no exception. But I notmally play til the end having fun killing paragons with my friends. No one to play with this time around lol.

I thought about getting a whip or two, but luckily last week I bought the whip recipe I wanted. So no need for reward whips when I can craft the mods I want.

As nice as the quivers are, they way too late in game for me. I already built 3 templates around the fire version of despicable quiver. It would take so much effort to adjust. I wish the apron worked as a crafting item like the talismans do. I was going to get one until I learned they do not overcap.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe the others got all the items they want also.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I must be easily pleased. I'm having fun in the dungeon on 2 shards, can collect eggs when I fancy a break without worrying too much about scripters. Sadly I missed the bounty of the first day. I always miss the first day of every event due to commitments.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think I must be easily pleased. I'm having fun in the dungeon on 2 shards, can collect eggs when I fancy a break without worrying too much about scripters. Sadly I missed the bounty of the first day. I always miss the first day of every event due to commitments.
FYI, the scripters have pretty much taken over the eggs as well! The devs are assinine by not taking action against the cheaters.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI, the scripters have pretty much taken over the eggs as well! The devs are assinine by not taking action against the cheaters.
yes, I read about that on Sonoma, I even logged in a 'research' char I have there. No spellbook and only a basic rune book, ran around for half an hour and got 17 eggs - which I dropped on Luna bank floor. Then I decided it wasn't a fair test because I'm in the wrong time zone to test during peak hours and the scripters were probably asleep.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Keep complaining and they will make even more changes to break the event for the rest of us :)

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Two main problems with this Event, IMO:

1) Thet nice rewards (from an Armor Sets collector POV) are the Wildfire & Fey Spellbooks, and at 250 points each they are INSANELY high "priced";
2) the darn SHARD BOUNDING.

SR

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Two main problems with this Event, IMO:

1) Thet nice rewards (from an Armor Sets collector POV) are the Wildfire & Fey Spellbooks, and at 250 points each they are INSANELY high "priced";

SR
I still have 3 50% spell books from the invasions I don't use yet. Only collectors are wanting the book from each dungeon. Ya they should be 200 points.+
I never liked shard bound.

I agree 100%, the cheaters are cheating and honest players screw the pooch. Let's hear for the glorious queen dev for getting paid and turning a blind eye......I, for one am making a stink with EA, and Broadsword about her lazy ass.,...

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I still have 3 50% spell books from the invasions I don't use yet. Only collectors are wanting the book from each dungeon. Ya they should be 200 points.+
Agreed: I only use the Event Spellboks for display of my Armor Collection: making them crazy costly reward point-wise is just another way to pander to the know Auctions speculators.
About SB, my opinion is still the same: at least at the conclusion of an Event, when the Armor items don't have any reward points value anymore, they must be revert to normal items (as the Cult, Origin, Fellowship, Doom Minax & Kotl ones) and be transferable between Shards.
But they have said no again and again, always whitout any explanation...:mad:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The shard bounding is the only thing that is keeping the other shards fairly quiet. From everything I have read, the multiboxers have left the small shards after the beginning and really haven't been back. I would say that makes it better for the non-Atlantic shard players. I have not tried it so only commenting based on the multiple posts I have read. Atlantic is crazy and most other shards are fine.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The shard bounding is the only thing that is keeping the other shards fairly quiet. From everything I have read, the multiboxers have left the small shards after the beginning and really haven't been back. I would say that makes it better for the non-Atlantic shard players. I have not tried it so only commenting based on the multiple posts I have read. Atlantic is crazy and most other shards are fine.
You say quiet, I say still DEAD.

Everyone has the right to his opinion, but the indesputable FACTS are, as has been wrote many time in this and in the "other" Forum, that:

1) prices for the Armor set pieces have skyrocketed on ATL (from 5x to 10x respect to, e.g., Three or even Demonics) and this is caused by the stop to the flow of items farmed in other Shards (farming Event on ATL a Lag-Fest and non everyone has Tank-Toon on ATL);
2) in 90% of the Low Pop Shards is still impossible to find for sale the 90% of the pieces of Armor Sets (not everyone have the time or inclination to spend hours Dungeon-crawling, expecially for an abysmal drop rate as the Fey Event has);
3) a lot of low to middle level players (i.e.: NOT the multiboxers or the Old Farts ( ;)) with prime equipment stuff that can solo from Britannia to Moonglow and back) have lost the income that was generated in selling to ATL the Event stuff they farmed in their Shards.

SR

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And everyone is complaining on those shards about lack of participation. I was fine killing stuff with stationary players at the beginning.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Typical UO/Stratics, nothing is ever good enough. People (not cross-shard traders) always begged for shard bound because everything is removed from the small shards and taken to Atlantic. (Sadly, many have to go to Atlantic to buy what they need to bring back to their shard) Now people are complaining because it is shard bound and they cannot take it to Atlantic or other shards. Cannot make UO players happy....

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Typical UO/Stratics, nothing is ever good enough. People (not cross-shard traders) always begged for shard bound because everything is removed from the small shards and taken to Atlantic. (Sadly, many have to go to Atlantic to buy what they need to bring back to their shard) Now people are complaining because it is shard bound and they cannot take it to Atlantic or other shards. Cannot make UO players happy....
Who exactly was complaining to have the Event Items (again: NON the Rewards) Shard Bound?

Surely not the "Mom&Pop" Intershard traders, that the only things that got from SB is a Biden-level inflation on ATL *AND* their trade destroyed.
Nor the Low Pop Shards collectors that now are unable to go to ATL to get the items they lack.
Nor the "Big InterShards Oligarchs", considering that they trade in UNBOUNDED Rares now exactly as before.
Nor the Low Pop Dungeon Crawlers, that now have to still compete with the local Bots farmers.

My impression is that, as always, a MINORITY of loudmouths had their way to the Devs ears...

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My main complaint is that the changes have made it extremely difficult to get enough drops on low population shards.
Exactly, and from this derive that the drops for sale on Low Pop Shards are now actually FEWER than before, and 5x in prices...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Few players wanted shard bound. Actually no one asked for it. It was brought up because off sharders were only participating in the final boss of dynamic spawns. A few complained about others in THEIR dungeon. So they made shard bound.

Then Covid came and most shards got a population boost. LS still has them. So the low population problem fixed itself.

A better solution would allow us to change shard bound to account bound so we can travel.

I sure am not going to do this dungeon on other shards.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
when it comes to items becoming shard bound, the same 3 people would post on uo.com over and over and over, talking turns posting on one another's posts. the squeaky wheel gets the grease. they also want em items to be shard bound.
when it comes to cheating, all you had to do is go to atl the first days of the event. there were and still are alot of pissed off people. i keep saying the devs have created these problems and they will probably continue and/or get worse. also some em events are having so many multi chars that people are getting sent to the shrines/towns to prevent shard crashes.
I also cant believe how many eggs the multi char scripters/using rails are getting. a normal player can get quite afew eggs but nothing compared to there multi char scripters/using rails. i feel so screwed by these activities at this event whether eggs or multi chars whether cheating or not. i wont even go into the endless cheating accounts. just my opinions

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
(...)
A better solution would allow us to change shard bound to account bound so we can travel.
(...)
Unfortunately this will not solve the Armor Sets Collectors problem, unless the Accont Bounding starts by the some player action (like the Soulstone Vessel from the store): e.g. wearing once the item...

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My shard would have robust participation in this event right now if they had not made the drop rate (lack of spawns, poor respawn time, whatever) so low & the constant changes have not helped confidence in the event. Also, Destard imo is a horrible dungeon for this type of event (too small, way too open). Complicating it severely are what I call the death breath paragons. When we had the town invasions at the start of the pandemic, Britain was always the worst and most hated due to these mobs. Even though they were not flagged as paragons, they were considerably harder than normal versions. Until this event, my shard always has had robust participation with many people in the off hours even.

I am not here to debate shard bound. That has been argued over constantly. But the following is what happened at the start of this event on my shard and for roughly the first two weeks. In the first (First spawn cycle) 2-3 days of this event, we were flooded with players from other shards farming drops and selling them day and night in chat for cheap. 75% of these players I have never seen before in my very long history on the shard. A vendor house was set up next to the dungeon. On top were 6 mannequins with full "of fey wrath" bone suites. Even this event, bone helms are still rather rare so its suspicious how 6 full suits were up only 1.5 days into the event. I personally saw guilds popup with tags like "Atlantic Farm Guild", etc coming in and out of the house maintaining the vendors. This was the time of the "pile". Then after the pile was done away with (spawn cycle #2), the prices went up and the "archer pit" was set up. There were half a dozen sets of accounts with 3-5 characters per set, each set clearly run by the same person. Everything died almost instantly. No paragon was safe. Most of us who wanted drops adapted and dusted off our archers and spawn AI'd everything as fast as we could to try to keep up with these players. Still do not recognize 75% of them. Then the third spawn cycle (the current one) was implemented. All the multi-boxing accounts except one disappeared. A 3 gargoyle thrower team was roaming the north section trying to find new farm ground. That did not last long. Maybe 3 hrs. They are gone also. Now the only thing left are 6-8 single players at any given time in the dungeon.

From other shards smaller than ours, I hear similar stories. This event clearly shows to what lengths people will go to in order to take advantage of a poorly thought out event & to game the system. The early off-shard farmers got around the whole "shard bound" thing to profit when it was easy. Now they are back on their home shards with who knows how much of our servers gold. People will always find some way in mmo's to profit in ways that the devs never intended. But this event clearly shows how short sighted our devs really are. They created the atmosphere in which players quickly found ways to overwhelmingly turn it to their advantage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately this will not solve the Armor Sets Collectors problem, unless the Accont Bounding starts by the some player action (like the Soulstone Vessel from the store): e.g. wearing once the item...
Then the idea of making them un shard bound afterwards sounds like a good idea.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have played many mmos (including some old ones) that binds almost all equipment to the character or the characters account on on pickup or on equipping. I much prefer UO's system even with its flaws. In the end having everything bind in some form to a character creates a headache to the player in the end.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm dividing my time over 2 shards. One of which is a very long way from my home in UK. I missed 2 full days writing stuff, including the first day. So far, between eggs and dungeon fighting (mostly dungeon) I have filled 2 lore books, one on each shard. I have gotten 3 talismans, 2 quivers, one bird house, 2 ankhs and am on my way to an apron on both shards. Is it because I'm not farming to sell that I'm happy? with several more weeks to work on what I want.
I use default EC and haven't tried to make any kind of 'help' for egg collection other than making a filter for object handles when I log in.

koop9320

Visitor
I literaly can’t stand loggin in just to see more scripters than real ppl. So now I’m playing world of Warcraft again with 2 of my other friends who quit uo due to this event.
Fix your **** BS. We know you want the game to crash and burn but cmon don’t do it like this !

I literaly can’t stand loggin in just to see more scripters than real ppl. So now I’m playing world of Warcraft again with 2 of my other friends who quit uo due to this event.
Fix your **** BS. We know you want the game to crash and burn but cmon don’t do it like this !
Devs don't give a damn. They get a check, while we pay......so screw em, I hope they choke.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So you went to another game filled with scripters and multiboxers also :)