• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Broadsword - 50 stones - Requires Stygian

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick question:
-Why is there 2 versions of a "broadsword"?
-Why is this Broadsword = 50stones???
-Why does it require Stygian Abyss?

BRODASWORD.JPG

Thanks

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
50 stones is from the items revamp. It is a negative mod.
It requires Stygian Abyss because it has Hit Mana Drain, a mod that was introduced in Stygian Abyss.

No idea why there are 2 versions of a broadsword.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hit Mana Drain is a Stygian Abyss Item prop, all accounts have been upgraded to SA so no worries. 50 stones is one of the negative item properties like brittle, cursed etc. 50 stones does mean you can powder and repair this one and use forever. I would say this item isn't that bad for general use and even better if running a mystic swordsman etc.

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you really want a weapon with both Mana Drain and Mana Leech? If the mana drain works well, then there is no mana to leech, is there ?
Now I've been out for a long time, and please correct me if I'm wrong.. Doesn't Mana Drain remove mana from the target, whereas mana leech converts damage to mana (not necessarily taking from the target)? So one drains mana from the target (not giving you any), the other gives you mana based on your damage, not based the amount they have left. If so, I could see a use for having both.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mana drain removes mana from the target.
Mana leech returns mana to you based on the damage you dealt to your target regardless of it having any mana left or not and doesn't remove a single point of mana from the target.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can anyone give us an example of a mob that becomes very weak at 0 mana? i guess there are none because they regenerate very fast

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First time this happened to me... I thought the system was going to crash, because it made no sense why I was so heavy with taking a couple sweet 20% low-regs items... until I saw the stone count. "Oh, this aint right!"... to... "Oh man... this is BULL****". hehe. Just threw them on the next body. Must be a way of giving us candy... and it turns out to be disgusting candy you wouldnt even give to a dog.

Seriously... it was like... I was thinking maybe it was some kind of mistake or one of the countless bugs that never gets fixed. But then the idea it was a logical idea of staff just being mean. Give us something that looks so good... but is totally worthless. Have to be mindful of paragon chests at the same time. They range from the high 30's stones... to well over 110 stones. Same monster. Sometimes I can carry 4 or 5... sometimes 2. And sometimes 2 is a struggle. :) I have to take them back to the lock-picker for processing, thus I cant get the over-weighted rubbish out.