• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Brittanian ship decayed and poofed

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even though I expected to find my Brittanian ship in the house moving crate, it isnt there. Do these not get saved?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
a couple years ago I checked mine on Friday & then on Monday it was gone.
It didn't go into the moving crate either.
Ever Since, I don't keep it in the water very long.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Aw sorry to hear that. That's expensive to replace. I think ships are on a 5 to 6 day decay time. Some say a week but I don't believe that.

Like Cinderella, I dry dock mine if I'm not planning to fish the next day.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't ever leave a ship in the water anymore.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Great that it pooffed. I hate those who leave shops for many days blocking passages or mountains to mine. Especially huge Brit ships. Hope it will teach OP a lesson.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great that it pooffed. I hate those who leave shops for many days blocking passages or mountains to mine. Especially huge Brit ships. Hope it will teach OP a lesson.
I always went out of my way to dock my ship where it wouldn't bother anyone. Go bother someone else.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aw sorry to hear that. That's expensive to replace. I think ships are on a 5 to 6 day decay time. Some say a week but I don't believe that.

Like Cinderella, I dry dock mine if I'm not planning to fish the next day.
I am the character in charge of refreshing our guild ships that are left in the water - about 30 of them. I refresh them on each Friday and they are always Somewhat Worn. I have never lost one. Don't panic just remember to refresh them. I have tested and at 2 weeks the test ship was still Somewhat Worn but I would not recommend that, refresh them each week (without forgetting) and they will be fine.

As for the dry docking of fishing ships but your hold must be empty, meaning you have no fishing orders, just be careful and DO NOT throw away the fishing orders because if you do you will lose ALL your fishing reputation. I can verify that because it happened to me.

It would sure be nice if the devs checked in and told us exactly the ship decay schedule -- I can't find any info on any source that isn't several years old so I wouldn't trust that.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
What are these shops you speak of? How do I get one ??

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sounds like someone should have picked up a lighthouse.
the lighthouse - once paired with your ship - will have your ships put into your house crate when the ship IDOC's.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
the lighthouse - once paired with your ship - will have your ships put into your house crate when the ship IDOC's.
Lighthouse is bugged. If ship moves there , piece of lighthouse stays in the water blocking movement too. So complete poof is better.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lighthouse is bugged. If ship moves there , piece of lighthouse stays in the water blocking movement too. So complete poof is better.
Lighthouse was buggy from day one... and it also has to be placed on a house YOU own... so while you may have multiple accounts you have to put a lighthouse on the house that is the account owner of the boat and house... which often for me is a NO... I'd have to have like a dozen lighthouses.... that's a no. And then you have to link it to the lighthouse... buggy as well.

Can't use it on a house you are coowned to... etc... kinda a pain if you ask me... and then half the time it works half the time it doesn't... so...

1. Do not use a big brit ship for doing your fishing... (this is a silly thing to do anyway as the TOKUNO ship gives you a BONUS to fishing FYI)...
2. Always remove your ship from the sea... don't park or leave it ... ever. I follow this pretty strictly... Don't lose ships that way.
3. Don't park or leave your ship near a dock, don't block things with your boat... first, most docks have a timer... and if you leave it there the game auto moves your ship out to sea... pain... second, another player can page a GM and say your boat is blocking stuff... and the GM then might move or remove your boat...
4. Orc Ships are the fastest... FYI ...
While some ships do more damage... I find the Orc ship is probably the best all-around ship... especially if you are doing things like the pirates or beacons. Just gonna say... while the brit ship can carry more than the others and has loads of guns (it's ok for if you are taking big groups to do Corgul or summoning up the Charybdis or something... with a bunch of people)... normally you aren't going to be manning all those guns anyway... I personally park 2 tamers on the bow of my orc ship, with a couple of magic Mastery pets(typically unicorns) who will sometimes teleport onto the pirate ships killing at will... it's kinda fun... and they man the cannon between the 2 of them... while my archer steers the boat... yes I run 3 accounts at a time... and it can be kinda crazy but it seems to work... if I'm feeling lazy I just use 1 tamer and the Archer... which pretty much takes care of all the stuff I might run across. On rare occasions, I've had the pets teleport onto a beacon but that is rare.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@MalagAste
seems for me ship speed are same. I play EC but some other orc ship looks like move with lightning speed. idk why.
As for pirates and beacons : First I used mystic . With spells and orc slayer book. Then I started using mystic mastery and melee weapon . With tactics , anatomy and sprllweaving. I thought that made my pirate kills lightning fast comparing to tamer. And nothing can be better , lol. I was mistaken.
Now I do 2 accounts : 1 necromancy chiv Archer with healing and 50 Bushido
2- necromancy thrower with 70 sword and 50 Bushido.
Gargoyles ( honor + EOO) finishes beating pirate, chaining AI with stone war sword same time Archer finishes looting chests and cargo hold. My gargish gear is cheap pieces from VS. Nothing fancy. BT Crimmy is her only named artifact.
Both still have 60-70 skill points not allocated.
Will switch Archer to one more garg as soon as I'll get blackthorn earrings for her. Tired of refilling arrow routine.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Orc ships are not faster, I find you need to fact check everything Malagaste types.

PS I’m still waiting for that screenshot of the not enough reagents message while wearing an LRC suit.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Think she meant the Orc ship does the most damage ( 6500 vs 5000 ) on cannon

They originally had different speeds with the tokuno being the fastest but then got changed to all ships moving the same pace. I don't know why, perhaps a whiner complain because they lost a boat race to someone they didn't like ?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was on a Lighthouse. It didn't work.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
It's not enough to just place the lighthouse, you have to click on it as well .

Never liked the way the light house looked . It seems more appropriate in a fish tank aquarium rather than on my beautiful roof

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Think she meant the Orc ship does the most damage ( 6500 vs 5000 ) on cannon

They originally had different speeds with the tokuno being the fastest but then got changed to all ships moving the same pace. I don't know why, perhaps a whiner complain because they lost a boat race to someone they didn't like ?
At one time they had different speeds... perhaps they have changed that... but they did at one time have different speeds...
But yes the Orc ship does the most damage. Which is nice. (It was the fastest)... whatever. The rowboat is still slow as sin. More than likely they changed it because they could sell more Brit ships if that giant thing wasn't so slow? The money would be my guess. Just a guess ... I sort of remember it being changed but not really... Tokuno ship still gives a bonus to fishing. It's a whole +1 but it is a bonus... Like most bonus's in UO though it's more of a boot to the head than anything that might be a real bonus... but it is one. The Gargoyle ship is slightly more durable but that really isn't an issue unless you are fighting Charybdis... which then the big brit ship is probably better but they will get damaged... According to UO Guide, the Brit ships Durability is 200000... which is the most durable.

And yes we used to do boat races... though I will say a lot of those are won by skill and navigation... and well connection speed. Luck of not running into any sea creatures and so on...

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think each ship should be different the tokuno and gargoyle faster but less damage orc ship good as is big boat should do hella damage but be slow..

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Lighthouse was buggy from day one... and it also has to be placed on a house YOU own... so while you may have multiple accounts you have to put a lighthouse on the house that is the account owner of the boat and house... which often for me is a NO... I'd have to have like a dozen lighthouses.... that's a no. And then you have to link it to the lighthouse... buggy as well.

Can't use it on a house you are coowned to... etc... kinda a pain if you ask me... and then half the time it works half the time it doesn't... so...
that is actually all false.
you CAN place a lighthouse in a house you are co-owned in.
you have been able to for as long as they have been out.
i have at least 4 placed in houses I'm co-owned too.

I've never found them to be glitchy.
place the lighthouse, double click on the front door of it, you will get the message that you are now linked to that lighthouse.
go place your boat.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It was on a Lighthouse. It didn't work.
did you double click on the lighthouse with your character to link the lighthouse to you?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
that is actually all false.
you CAN place a lighthouse in a house you are co-owned in.
you have been able to for as long as they have been out.
i have at least 4 placed in houses I'm co-owned too.

I've never found them to be glitchy.
place the lighthouse, double click on the front door of it, you will get the message that you are now linked to that lighthouse.
go place your boat.
Well, aren't you special... because whenever I tried it tells me I have to be in a house I own.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, aren't you special... because whenever I tried it tells me I have to be in a house I own.
Who's the special one?

The lighthouse was placed in a house I'm co-owned to.

Capture.JPG

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I find it hard to believe that I would have different access to lighthouses than everyone else would have.
I think it's far more likely that people are just not using lighthouses properly - or think they are but are not.

but until we find out more information I believe we should delve deeper into how special I am.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's another possibility and that's that your ship was moved (this has happened to me more than once). If you have a rune to it, recall off that now.