• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Britain's VvV status

Do you want Mesanna to turn Britain's VvV back on?

• Yes

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Some time ago Britain's VvV was turned off. I'm not entirely sure when, but I think it had something to do with the never ending parade. (I believe they're going away sometime soon)

It is still turned off.

I can easily ask Mesanna to turn it back on, and doing so will only take her a moment or so to do.

However, I am aware that some of you have been asking for an enhanced arcane circle that is not in a VvV town, for quite some time. Well, guess what- right now, that's exactly what you'v got.

So, I can get Brit VvV turned back on. You'll instantly lose your VvV-free circle, and I can't guarantee you'll ever get another one.

Or I can leave things exactly as they are right now. Which would the majority of you prefer?

I'll take the decision as final at the end of February. So, If you have an opinion, tell your friends to get over here and vote. If you couldn't care less, double check that your friends don' need you as backup.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Britain is a VvV town so it should be turned back on.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Britain boasts the boosted arcane circle, a public service that other towns do not. In addition to that, all new players are born in Brit, and being born in the middle of VvV may not make a splendid first impression. I'm all in favor of the freedom of Siege, and the 'danger' element, but most of our new players would benefit from a ... softer landing. On the other hand, how a newcomer responds to death says a lot about how much they would enjoy Siege. I'd also like to see more traffic at WBB just in general, which is less likely to ever happen with VvV. So I am voting to keep VvV turned off in Brit, but I'm fine with it either way.

There are still plenty of other VvV cities for folks to beat each other senseless in.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My preference would be for the arcane circ to be moved to Vesper or New Magincia. Same as newbies should start in those towns. Nothing to be gained by slaughtering newbs unless you are a totally hopeless pvp'er and need cred for a count.

On prodo shards they don't have this problem as Tram doesn't have VVV so the ability to get a focus is always there. As it is, if you are tagged VVV on siege you can be targetted in any town any time and don't have to wait for vvv to be active in any town unless you are after sigils or points.

Having to wait up to 20mins to get a 6 focus just delays my weavers from going out fighting until it is done, so less targets out there pvm'ing for the pk's to slaughter.

Don't overly care as I can always get a 5 focus, just seems to be just something else that doesn't need to be a drag.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who cares, apparently you'll be able to log in all of your EJ accounts and create your own circle from the comfort of your house, so leave it...turn it back on...meh

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I say leave it off, as I find the entire vvv system just a nuisance to those not affiliated. I would prefer it only effect those that opt in to it, but as is. I don't care for it and one less city I gotta worry about sneaking in and out of fast or waiting out the system to get done whatever task is actually important to me.

Sincerely,
Lord Ol'Rac Nnod,
Duke o' UWSP, Earl o' Brit.

Last edited:

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WTF citizens of Siege make it right, vote turn Britain VvV back on. As for the arcane circle move buff to New Magincia. No survey needed already circle there, just turn it on. If road can be built, then surely someone can flip the power switch to on at the arcane circle n New Magincia. :cool:

Don't be surprised ya know I love starting ****! :devil:

Nothin but luv,

Baby Doll :naughty-angel:

P.S. Oh btw if the powers that be turn NM's circle on I swear, just because Morgan Ironfist (GIL) is Governor and Creeper's (GIL) vendor house is a great spot, I will not bring up the word favoritism. *thinks* Unless it is a conspiracy and the powers that be set this whole thread up? Hey btw who comes from Russia?

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
P.S. Oh btw if the powers that be turn NM's circle on I swear, just because Morgan Ironfist (GIL) is Governor and Creeper's (GIL) vendor house is a great spot, I will not bring up the word favoritism. *thinks* Unless it is a conspiracy and the powers that be set this whole thread up? Hey btw who comes from Russia?
Somewhere in Vesper town would be better, just south of the bank to avoid that lol.

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about infront of the EM house? For that arcane circle.
It would be still under britain town zone, just not in VvV.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back to Britain VvV being turned on, to those that voted no. Did you notice the "change your vote" button? Click it and show a lil luv for pvpers! :heart:

Larry Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I voted no but would have voted yes if the circle is moved to New Magencia (or Vesper or Luna or Umbra)

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
People have been asking for it to be moved for a long time. It seems like an easy thing to do, but maybe UO's ancient code makes it more time consuming in some way. Time spent on just one shard, when there are so many other things to deal with. Not to mention the drama of deciding exactly where to move it to. Can't imagine why the powers that be would want to avoid that fine kettle o' fish. :p

I think the idea here is that NOT turning it back on is pretty much the only way to get a non VvV enhanced arcane circle any time in the near future.

Last edited:

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
*injects some clarity into the thread*

There are two options which are pretty much guaranteed to work.
1. I don't do anything, and things stay exactly as they are right now.
2. I ask Mesanna to turn Britain's VvV back on, and she does.

While it is fun to discuss what else we would like to have, I can't give you any solid guarantees that any of those things would ever happen. I can do my best to fight for Sieges corner - and you have my word that I will always do exactly that.
Having an enhanced circle somewhere else would be good. If New Magincia or Vesper's governors request that as one of their two changes, I'll put it forward and fight for it. But I can't guarantee that the answer will be "yes".

I can guarantee that I'll either speak to Mesanna about Brit, or I won't.
So vote away! And don't let me stop you debating other options - just be aware of the reality of the situation. The future is unwritten!

EM Kincaid

Last edited:

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually I am for getting rid of VvV totally on Siege. We don't need it and in my opinion it dosen't add anything to pvp.

I think if we turn VvV back on in Brit, we will never get a new circle in another town.

And just to get another town back into VvV seems like a poor trade to me.

So I am a NO voter.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually I am for getting rid of VvV totally on Siege. We don't need it and in my opinion it dosen't add anything to pvp.

I think if we turn VvV back on in Brit, we will never get a new circle in another town.

And just to get another town back into VvV seems like a poor trade to me.

So I am a NO voter.
So vvv is a useless system for you? so screw everyone else is how bo is readin that.
vvv should be a way for pvpers to acquire gear. guess what bo doesn't want to farm/craft. you are forcing the bo to craft/farm because of the removal of this system.

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
I would be more than willing, but here's my point of view on asking for changes first:

Unless we have a poll listing everything we want on Siege, giving priorities to everything, which I think we all agree would turn into the biggest online bun fight in history, we need to put these things forward one at a time, probably in the order that they come up.

If we ask for everything we want all at the same time, most of what we ask for will get lost in the river of requests from all the other shards, the pile of bug fixes already on the table, new development that is already in progress, and any truly urgent needs that may appear out of nowhere.

So, lets take things slowly. Lets get the VvV thing out the way first, and then turn our attention to the next thing.

We're one shard, with a relatively small (but totally awesome) population - a small request here, one there, and we'll get our share of love and attention. A flood of requests, and we'll become known as the greedy shards, and probably get very little. At least, that's my opinion. I could be wrong - but so far, that approach seems to be getting results.

So, VvV for Brit first, whichever way you vote - and a poll will appear sometime in mid to late March. Ok?

Keep on being great, Siege. Because someone should tell you - you are!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back to location.

If it can be moved it should be either:
Near Vesper mint.
Near Serpents Hold mint.
Near Nu'jelm Mint
Near Cove Mint
Luna near stable.
Umbra near moongate.

Shouldn't be placed outside someones house or even the EM's house as there is no direct link from the portal to those places.

It should be near a moongate/mint accessible from the crystal portal.

Unless they wanna move the circle then my vote was NO to turning vvv back on in Brit more for my convenience sake than anything else :). I do not really care if the majority say Yes. But I do care about the location if it can be moved. See above ^^^ :p

Oh and having thought about it a little more, just up from Umbra moongate seems to me to be the logical place given it is the Arcane Circle, and Umbra is known for the arcane arts !

Sara D

Adventurer
Speaking of turning it off or on... I was doing trade deals last night and running from place to place, which I always do. Two of the towns I went to were vvv. I haven't heard much from anyone about having to wait to get into those towns. Stay outside the towns, fight the brigands and things that pop up and get more gold for the towns you are getting the trade deals for. One I went to and ran to I ended getting 103k for a town. Lots of running and lots of brigands I fought.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just another point for the No button... It has already been off for about 5 months, and does not seem to have done VvV any harm.

Sara D

Adventurer
As for the towns, Vesper would be good. Serpents Hold not all know how to get there with the moongate, Nu'jelm not every one can gate to get there, Cove would be ok, Luna has enough problems with people not wanting to go there, Umbra has a bank roof that could be used.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turn it back on. These trammies have been catered to enough. VvV artifacts were taken away and Britain town was taken away -- why even have VvV?
lets revisit implementing vvv arties. Like, a civilized poll.
Siege shouldn't implement anything that allows an easy way to gear up. If you want that there are plenty of prodo shards you can play on.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, lets take things slowly. Lets get the VvV thing out the way first, and then turn our attention to the next thing.

We're one shard, with a relatively small (but totally awesome) population - a small request here, one there, and we'll get our share of love and attention. A flood of requests, and we'll become known as the greedy shards, and probably get very little. At least, that's my opinion. I could be wrong - but so far, that approach seems to be getting results.

Okay I will mull this over. In the meantime this sucks big time. So instead of pushing for something cooler like raising monster drops,, people want us to fight for a Britain VvV status ,which has lasted for months already..And really of no consquence to anybody. Who cares if that is our one and only shot at improvement?

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my bad I guess we may get 2 things. We still also get a road from Britain gate road to Britain hub, which is maybe 2 screens from gate. really just me thinking this suckes doggie balls, anyone else?

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege shouldn't implement anything that allows an easy way to gear up. If you want that there are plenty of prodo shards you can play on.
Imbuing made it easier to gear up. I'm focused more on inciting player interaction. I have chars on every English prodo shard. Siege is the only one without insurance and trammel.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing made it easier to gear up. I'm focused more on inciting player interaction. I have chars on every English prodo shard. Siege is the only one without insurance and trammel.
With imbuing you still have to farm resources and craft the items. Not to mention the skills needed to craft the items.

If gear was added to VvV it would be the equivalent of gear falling from the sky. WAY to easy.

The only thing VvV gear would accomplish is allowing the PK'ers, trollers and PvP'ers a floodgate of gear for them to cause maximum damage to players while minimizing ramifications when they get killed and dry looted.

Whether you agree or not, there is way more to Siege then hardcore PvP.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Adventurer
I want to piggy back on Critical's remark about "inciting player interaction". I agree with that comment to a great extent, and here's why... if I'm out doing whatever, and a "bad guy" rolls up.. what happens 99.95% of the time is not a word gets spoken, I just get the message " so and so is attacking you"... no banter, no - "Give me your money, Your goods or your life"... nothing. And If I should want to say something witty like..." Hold on there brigand, this butter knife'll do you in" I don't get the chance because I've either been quickly made "crispy" or am fleeing for my pixel life. To me the back n forth repartee defines player interaction - not just - Hey let's fight! I know not everyone like to role play, but lets face it - this is a role play world.... A word, something would be nice.

Just had to make that observation on interaction... Not throwing rocks at any single individual player in this world either (So I hope no one takes it as such) - this is the environment or maybe what the culture has evolved to while I was gone.

And I have no axes about VvV as I have not the faintest clue as to how it works, doesn't work. PvP is a part of the game like PvM and crafting, and I accept that completely... but anything that is done that affects the game mechanics needs to be kept to some balance - which I know is difficult, so if anyone comes up with a viable solution - they would be a genius! To me scenery doesn't qualify as game mechanics - so make roads, plant trees and build towns galore - they're nothing but visuals

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Okay I will mull this over. In the meantime this sucks big time. So instead of pushing for something cooler like raising monster drops,, people want us to fight for a Britain VvV status ,which has lasted for months already..And really of no consquence to anybody. Who cares if that is our one and only shot at improvement?
It is 2 requests per governor per term of office. That is 36 potential requests per year. This poll is not one of those. This is a simple thing ... leave it off (allowing a small oversight to quietly go ignored) or flip it back on. I don't think raising monster drop rate etc - changing actual game mechanics - is something that falls within a governor's jurisdiction of requests. However, I do think that requesting such changes thru the in-game electoral system allows our EM to officially get involved, and thus go to bat for us. This massively raises the odds imo. Especially since anything we might ask for effects only one shard, and we're already special anyway :p

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I want to piggy back on Critical's remark about "inciting player interaction". I agree with that comment to a great extent, and here's why... if I'm out doing whatever, and a "bad guy" rolls up.. what happens 99.95% of the time is not a word gets spoken, I just get the message " so and so is attacking you"... no banter, no - "Give me your money, Your goods or your life"... nothing. And If I should want to say something witty like..." Hold on there brigand, this butter knife'll do you in" I don't get the chance because I've either been quickly made "crispy" or am fleeing for my pixel life. To me the back n forth repartee defines player interaction - not just - Hey let's fight! I know not everyone like to role play, but lets face it - this is a role play world.... A word, something would be nice.

Just had to make that observation on interaction... Not throwing rocks at any single individual player in this world either (So I hope no one takes it as such) - this is the environment or maybe what the culture has evolved to while I was gone.

And I have no axes about VvV as I have not the faintest clue as to how it works, doesn't work. PvP is a part of the game like PvM and crafting, and I accept that completely... but anything that is done that affects the game mechanics needs to be kept to some balance - which I know is difficult, so if anyone comes up with a viable solution - they would be a genius! To me scenery doesn't qualify as game mechanics - so make roads, plant trees and build towns galore - they're nothing but visuals
highwayman-wp3.jpg 4528293539_aebf7260bb_m.jpg Something like this.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With imbuing you still have to farm resources and craft the items. Not to mention the skills needed to craft the items.

If gear was added to VvV it would be the equivalent of gear falling from the sky. WAY to easy.

The only thing VvV gear would accomplish is allowing the PK'ers, trollers and PvP'ers a floodgate of gear for them to cause maximum damage to players while minimizing ramifications when they get killed and dry looted.

Whether you agree or not, there is way more to Siege then hardcore PvP.
Your hatred for PKs and VvV is clouding your judgement.

What do you think having easier access to gear is really going to do? It will give those with less an option to equip, and stay in the fight. Razz, I've never seen you in game, but you're probably a terrible PvPer. You're going to get absolutely destroyed whether someone has the gear or not. So all your complaining will change nothing as it is. All you're doing is hindering new players from becoming established.

The Sieve Perilous concept worked when it was all GM gear w/ Vanq weapons being the big baddies. The game has evolved, yet the Siege rule set has remained the same. It's broke. The system is straight up broken. The way templates/skills work together takes into consideration having beefed up stats. That's just the way it is. It is all based on production shard values. We must evolve our rule set so it entices players to come here. Turn on Treasures of Tokuno drops. Turn on overland cursed artifact drops. Give you and me another incentive to farm in crazy places. That then entices PvPers to hunt the PvMers. The great thing about Siege is there's no transfer. So there will always be a market for artifacts.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your hatred for PKs and VvV is clouding your judgement.
Wrong. I don't hate PK's. PK's are a part of siege. If I had a problem with it I would go to a prodo shard.

What do you think having easier access to gear is really going to do?
I already explained my stance on that topic.

It will give those with less an option to equip, and stay in the fight.
If you need to have an easier way to get gear play on prodo shards that's what they are there for.

Razz, I've never seen you in game, but you're probably a terrible PvPer. You're going to get absolutely destroyed whether someone has the gear or not.
Correct! I'm freaking terrible at it. Ask anyone in GIL, and I'm good with that. It's still fun.

So all your complaining will change nothing as it is.
I'm giving my opinion like everyone else bud.

All you're doing is hindering new players from becoming established.
Simply not true. They also have the choice, like you, to play prodo shards. Like I hear SO many times from PK's. If you can't handle Siege go to Prodo. See the pattern here? You have a choice and so will everyone who tries Siege.

The Sieve Perilous concept worked when it was all GM gear w/ Vanq weapons being the big baddies. The game has evolved, yet the Siege rule set has remained the same. It's broke. The system is straight up broken. The way templates/skills work together takes into consideration having beefed up stats. That's just the way it is. It is all based on production shard values. We must evolve our rule set so it entices players to come here. Turn on Treasures of Tokuno drops. Turn on overland cursed artifact drops. Give you and me another incentive to farm in crazy places. That then entices PvPers to hunt the PvMers. The great thing about Siege is there's no transfer. So there will always be a market for artifacts.
Straight up Truth! I could not agree more. But we are still able to make the same gear as all the shards. And yes there should be changes but tossing out gear from VvV isn't it. It will break Siege even more.

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This thread has gotten way convoluted and off topic, this here post is a simple yes or no to the EMs question lol.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh* It is Siege.

Anyway, the poll is moot. Mesanna turned on VvV today.

Going against the grain, It looks to me Mesanna did the right thing turning Britain VvV back on. Makes this thread kinda cheap though. She turned it on and didn't matter what was said here. Vote 24 no to 17 yes!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Going against the grain, It looks to me Mesanna did the right thing turning Britain VvV back on. Makes this thread kinda cheap though. She turned it on and didn't matter what was said here. Vote 24 no to 17 yes!
I think it kinda points in the direction that she knew nothing about the poll and was just turning it back on. I don't always agree with her, but I feel if she had known about the poll and was in on the plan, she would have waited for it to end before acting.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*repeatedly presses the favoritism button* This damn thing is broken!

Last edited: