• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Britain Royal Navy Arrives at Skara Brae

Rav

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
We are still unclear to their intention, but the Britain Royal Navy has arrived at Skara Brae and appears to be setting up a checkpoint around the docks.

1626572304187.png 1626572315596.png

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
"The British Royal Navy are welcome to a well-deserved respite on Skara Brae! Visit the Shattered Skull for a pint. Enjoy some cheer and fellowship at the Community Center. Sample the.. ah, "fine".. fish cuisine down at the docks. If the beer, company, and seafood isn't your thing, then step through the moongate to the Felucca side and visit the newly renovated Church of Virtue!

Something for everyone on Skara Brae!

-Reeves Quick, Governor S.B."

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Governor Rav,

The Britain Royal Navy, (BRN) is more than welcome to drop anchor in the beautiful Port of Yew. I can house Captain Hook and his fine crew in the 5 Star Court of Truth Embassy Suites. The Court of Truth is known for some of it's more notable guests. Governor Quick spent a few days there this past winter. Just recently, Jepeth, rest his soul, cousin Threepwood was a guest. Threepwood rated his accommodation's very highly. The Yew Guard's are at your disposal and will see that the ships and precious cargo are protected. I have commissioned the world renowned Vintner's of the Ye Olde Winery to make a commemorative wine upon your arrival. If your ships need any repairs, Yew is home to the finest woods in the realm.

James, Governor of Yew

Last edited:

Rav

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thank you, James! I'll inform Captain Hook that if his men need a break that they are welcome to pull into the port of Yew.

Rav, Governor of Britain

Rav

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This report just came in from Captain Hook.

To: Governor Rav

I would like to request an extension of stay at Skara Brae a few additional days. I have attached a report detailing some potential nefarious acts that we would like to investigate. Some citizens have informed us of some stolen cargo crates that have been suspected of passing through the shipping ports. Since our arrival, there have been several ships that have turned around upon seeing us and have not come into port. Governor Reeves appears to be putting on a front by welcoming us to his port, but behind the scenes their appears to be some uneasiness about our presence near the town. Further investigation really needs to be done.

Captain Hook
Captain of the Britain Royal Navy

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy, Govenors and Captains,

I, Captain Derrick, of the ship The Gantry Crane have been asked by Mayor Nanoc of Dragons Watch to request an immediate evacuation of a few boats in the harbor.
I have been commisioned with an emergency shippment of 'Flea Powder' and
'Itch Lotion' for delivery to Trinsic!

Executive Order #3215886
Signed and Sealed
Mayor Nanoc of Dragons Watch and Governor Phoenix of Trinsic

Last edited:

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Governor Rav, Captain Hook, and Captain Derrick,

In support of the Alliance with the Historic Dragons Watch and the Britain Royal Navy, (BRN) , I have requested immediate deployment of ships to reinforce the two Navel operations currently underway in Skara Brae and Trinsic. The Spiritwood Maritime Association, along with the heavily armed ships operated by The O'Malley Clan, [O^C], have been dispatched to the waters around the cities of Skara Brae and Trinsic. Captain Katrina of the Treasure Hunter and Captain Gandalf of the Dragon's Breath and their crew's are available upon your request.

James, Governor of Yew

Last edited:

Lord Brackus

Visitor
Fellow Governors,

I ask you to speak out against these overstepping actions by Governor Rav and his fleet! Do not fall for the guise of protecting the realm, I sense nothing more than a shakedown!

Britain may be the capital, but we do not answer to Britain! I see no decree from the King ordering the BRN to Skara Brae or to inspect all passing ships and travelers. This is a clear affront to the protections and liberties afforded to our fair citizens! The BRN has no right to operate on sovereign soil and harass citizens!

Governor Reeves may be of ill repute, but that is a matter for the King and courts, not a military coup!

I visited this fleet surrounding Skara Brae -- no respect for the land! Garbage everywhere, the waters polluted, sailors harassing citizens.

Where does it end?

How long until I can expect this fleet of ships to be surrounding the once again great island of New Magincia? Blocking merchant routes, harassing passerby's, asking for "protection" money, and polluting our waters.

This will not stand!

-Lord Brackus
Governor of New Magincia

Rav

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Mayor Nanoc,

I sent word to Captain Hook, and he made sure passage is capable / ensured for The Gantry Crane. I would in no way want to impact any Flea Powder or Itch Lotion destined for Trinsic.

1626628286583.png

Ahoy, Govenors and Captains,

I, Captain Derrick, of the ship The Gantry Crane have been asked by Mayor Nanoc of Dragons Watch to request an immediate evacuation of a few boats in the harbor.
I have been commisioned with an emergency shippment of 'Flea Powder' and
'Itch Lotion' for delivery to Trinsic!

Executive Order #3215886
Signed and Sealed
Mayor Nanoc of Dragons Watch and Governor Phoenix of Trinsic

Rav

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
To Lord Brackus, Governor of New Magincia,

I assure you that the Britain Royal Navy was welcomed into the port of Skara Brae. Quoting from Governor Reeves himself "The British Royal Navy are welcome to a well-deserved respite on Skara Brae!" I would only be concerned if there was something you were trying to cover up or hide within the city of Skara Brae since there are so many additional sailors there. The sailors of the Britain Royal Navy work within the boundaries of the town guards, and only assist if asked. We are concerned about the number of ships that are refusing to come into port and some rumors flying around about stolen cargo. If you have any knowledge you'd like to share, Captain Hook can meet at the Church of Virtue or at the docks in Skara to Discuss. All meeting times must be in Eastern time, he has a tight schedule to keep.

As for the cleanup, I investigated myself and found that the revenue in Skara has increased dramatically over the last day with the visitors. There does appear to be some issues with overflowing trash cans and keeping up with trash removal from the number of personnel. I will ask Governor Reeves if he would like us to haul the waste out to sea. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Rav
Governor of Britain,

Fellow Governors,

I ask you to speak out against these overstepping actions by Governor Rav and his fleet! Do not fall for the guise of protecting the realm, I sense nothing more than a shakedown!

Britain may be the capital, but we do not answer to Britain! I see no decree from the King ordering the BRN to Skara Brae or to inspect all passing ships and travelers. This is a clear affront to the protections and liberties afforded to our fair citizens! The BRN has no right to operate on sovereign soil and harass citizens!

Governor Reeves may be of ill repute, but that is a matter for the King and courts, not a military coup!

I visited this fleet surrounding Skara Brae -- no respect for the land! Garbage everywhere, the waters polluted, sailors harassing citizens.

Where does it end?

How long until I can expect this fleet of ships to be surrounding the once again great island of New Magincia? Blocking merchant routes, harassing passerby's, asking for "protection" money, and polluting our waters.

This will not stand!

-Lord Brackus
Governor of New Magincia

Rav

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Governor Quick,

I will not leave my post until my accusations are brought before the King. I propose we take this before the King tomorrow and let him decide the outcome of this quarrel. I hope you don't catch a "cold" or something come up that you won't be able to make the meeting.

Rav
Governor of Britain

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious" George Washington.

(I also hope the rest of the readers that have enjoyed this quarrel can come as well! Hope to see everyone there tomorrow night.)