• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Britain Moongates

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A few shards (you know who you are) don't have moongates at or near the Britain Main Bank. Many do. There's a request being made to place a moongate nearby (British Commons maybe?) on these shards. Please drop by and vote here:

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I tried that long time ago... someone is more keen to take them all away than to spread the love. But you give it a go... hopefully it works for you... I don't post there.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
good luck.
the high command was talking about pulling all the deco out of Britain on all shards, so i doubt adding stuff will fly.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
good luck.
the high command was talking about pulling all the deco out of Britain on all shards, so i doubt adding stuff will fly.
Might as well take it all down make them look just like fel. And if she takes them down dont stop there take all the Seer, GM and EM placed decorations down as well. Along with Lunas, town banners, Historical banners, tomb stones all of that. That way they can mold the dead small shards together as one. No one will yell about the History of the shard if its all been deleted.

And don't tell me your leave game if they did that you been paying for said game for 24 years you lost stuff before and did not leave and you won't becasue they deleted said decorations. Am sure there are random lock down decorations that no one remembers what they where for.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i don't think anyone said they where leaving.
having a rough friday are we?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suggested they should be by every bank but apparently that's bad
They should make an item that allows us to say magic works and instantly go to a city bank instead.

Then another magic item that allows us to return home at the cost of a recall scroll.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well we have crystal portal.. the point being when was last time anyone ran from a moongate to it's matching city? It's a dinosaur inconvenience held onto for god knows why

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i tried to get a brit bank moongate a few times but was shot down. my only request is any deco that is put out by devs/ems should not have bars when doing shift controll in cc. whether in counselors halls, em event, bank or any other deco area. it would also be great if they didnt block runes too lol. ty

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might want to take into consideration that Europa had a moongate and now doesn't.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Atlantic WBB moongate allows you to travel with trade order in your backpack. Which makes trade order starting at Brit really easy.
Gate on Asuka , for example, don't let you use it when you have trade order. You need to run to public one.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Well we have crystal portal.. the point being when was last time anyone ran from a moongate to it's matching city? It's a dinosaur inconvenience held onto for god knows why
Lots. I do this when I'm in the peaceful mood and need gold. For precise number of such runs in a given city you can check trade deliveries counter on a city stone.

For other occasion just mark ANY house that has crystal portal on the porch and fill runs Atlas with 100recall scrolls.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A few shards (you know who you are) don't have moongates at or near the Britain Main Bank. Many do. There's a request being made to place a moongate nearby (British Commons maybe?) on these shards. Please drop by and vote here:

Last time someone poked this bear one bank lost its gate and there was a threat to remove all Brit Bank deco from all shards. I'm not sure it's worth poking again.

Might as well take it all down make them look just like fel. And if she takes them down dont stop there take all the Seer, GM and EM placed decorations down as well. Along with Lunas, town banners, Historical banners, tomb stones all of that. That way they can mold the dead small shards together as one. No one will yell about the History of the shard if its all been deleted.

And don't tell me your leave game if they did that you been paying for said game for 24 years you lost stuff before and did not leave and you won't becasue they deleted said decorations. Am sure there are random lock down decorations that no one remembers what they where for.
Uh, no?

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been trying to get one on LA for years as governor of Britain, and when others finally joined me in asking, Mesanna threatened to take them away from the other shards.

One of the things I remember from the original design contest is that the gates were something NOT allowed in the design. Hell, LOTS of the things others got were not in the original guidelines. LA's was one of the first submissions accepted, so even though its implementation lagged behind other shards, its design was older, and for more strict design rules, than nearly every other shard. They didn't even get the main part of it right - there are sparkles where the teleportal off the roof was SUPPOSED to be near the bank center - but instead the new teleport off was put at the far end away from the bank doors - and is HIDDEN under grass tiles to where new arrivals to the shard have no idea where it was (resulting in my asking to have the blocking items to the original teleporter moved to allow its use).