• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Britain Art Festival

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All across the cities of the land the following flyers are tacked up.

OOC Information
The categories of art that we are looking for is painting/pictures/magic pictures, sculpture, songs and poems and stories. The paintings and magical pictures can be created through any means that you want and then posted to a thread that will be created here for the judges. Animated gifs would be magical pictures and are totally acceptable. Sculptures will be things created using in game decorator, items and rubble that look like something else and all that must be done is to post a screen shot in the sculpture thread. As for stories and poems please place them in a book with your contact information and get to them to me so I can get it to our judges. As for songs there are two ways to get them to us. The first is to write it down in a book with your contact information. The second way is to create a video/audio file of you actually singing or playing your song and post and then link it to stratics on a thread that I will create if there is interest. All of the work will be judged by a secret judging committee of which I am not a part. The judges will not be announced until the prize night of the festival which will be in the last week of February. There will be prizes awarded for the winner overall, second place overall, third place overall and all the category winners. Additional Prizes maybe awarded for particularly great submissions. Work will be judged on creativity, execution, originality and uniqueness as well as the general fit in our world. If you have any questions please either PM me, find me in game, or send me a ICQ. The reward purse will be announced in the coming week, as well as a tentative schedule of in game art festival events all of which will be held in the City of Britain. I know that UO has some of the most creative player base in the world so please spread the word not just on Catskills but to each and every shard so that we can see what everyone can do and reward you all for your creative talents.

Attachments

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its time to announce the prize purse. The prize purse will be 100 million gold in total with 50 million gold going to the overall winner, 20 million to the second runner up and the third runner up receiving 10 million. Each category winner will receive a prize of 5 million gold. There will be surprise prizes awarded for submissions that merit it. All submissions must be received/posted by February 16 at 6am EST. Remember to tell your friends and compete.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dates and times are ready for everyone. There will be an opening festival on 2/21 when any plays or public pieces can be performed, if there are to many we can run over into 2/22, we will be starting at 8pm with 2/22 TBD. Winners will be announced on 3/1 during a major Britain pub crawl starting at 7pm with more details to be announced closer to the date.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a reminder all submissions need to be in by 6am on Monday 2/16/2015.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Britain Art Festival has been canceled due to lack of interest in the event. I would like to thank Riyana of Chesapeake for her entry which has been found to be the over all winner. Sadly there were no other winners to report back. Sadly the winner cannot attend tomorrow so the celebration would be out of place.
Thank you to our participant and congratulations Riyana!