• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Brit bank public peerless hunt - Tuesday 15th

C

cheerful

Off to say hello to Shimmering, no quest needed only 10k gold.

7pm

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be there, Collected keys before for Shimmering - Sure is an experience!

A

Angel121

I wonder, As a returning player I looked at this and I thought "ooo That looks fun..." then I get nervous and then run away and spend the next day or so regretting not at least turning up to be mocked about gear or looking a muppet.

It's been about 2-3 weeks now and I thought since my toon is maturing up nicely and I'm remembering how to play properly, I have to ask, are Peace/prov mage's viable for the group?

Just so a little info gear wise - I usually have on a 60/70's suit with 100% lrc and I think 1/3 of 2/4 fc/fcr (can't remember :-( ) I think I also have about 15% lmc and I think about 25+ Spell damage increase. Since I can't find any exceptional GM instruments they are usually store bought ( :-( if anyone knows of a good crafter please let me know) instruments or slayer instruments.

Stat wise - 90/25/125 gm mage/eval and working on elder med, elder music/peace/prov (working on) and the rest in hiding.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder, As a returning player I looked at this and I thought "ooo That looks fun..." then I get nervous and then run away and spend the next day or so regretting not at least turning up to be mocked about gear or looking a muppet.

It's been about 2-3 weeks now and I thought since my toon is maturing up nicely and I'm remembering how to play properly, I have to ask, are Peace/prov mage's viable for the group?

Just so a little info gear wise - I usually have on a 60/70's suit with 100% lrc and I think 1/3 of 2/4 fc/fcr (can't remember :-( ) I think I also have about 15% lmc and I think about 25+ Spell damage increase. Since I can't find any exceptional GM instruments they are usually store bought ( :-( if anyone knows of a good crafter please let me know) instruments or slayer instruments.

Stat wise - 90/25/125 gm mage/eval and working on elder med, elder music/peace/prov (working on) and the rest in hiding.

Your armour sounds fine sweetie. And a bard is usually handy :)

If you want to try a peerless or other group hunt to work up to peerless, find the general Trammel chat channel and ask if anyone from SAOR is about; there's usually someone doing something in the evenings, even if it is just a Meli, which is a nice, easy peerless to start with. The slayer instruments don't work with the peace skill, but they do with disco and prov, and I think we have a few spare, so give me a shout there and I'll dig em out for you. Better to use the ones from Mims shop for peace :)

A

Angel121

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*Pauses for breath*
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*Pauses for Breath*
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*pauses for breath*
Oo!

ahem...

yay...

A

Angel121

Your armour sounds fine sweetie. And a bard is usually handy :)

If you want to try a peerless or other group hunt to work up to peerless, find the general Trammel chat channel and ask if anyone from SAOR is about; there's usually someone doing something in the evenings, even if it is just a Meli, which is a nice, easy peerless to start with. The slayer instruments don't work with the peace skill, but they do with disco and prov, and I think we have a few spare, so give me a shout there and I'll dig em out for you. Better to use the ones from Mims shop for peace :)
Well I have a few days more training ahead to get myself to a more happy level as I iron out my skills.

At the moment I try an hour or so mining a night, then a little trip to a dungeon for some cash ready for training (and if I get lucky some instruments) and then I train for the rest of the evening squeeze out the last few points I need.

I try to make sure I can remember the "dances" from way back when I was playing :-D

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I have a few days more training ahead to get myself to a more happy level as I iron out my skills.

At the moment I try an hour or so mining a night, then a little trip to a dungeon for some cash ready for training (and if I get lucky some instruments) and then I train for the rest of the evening squeeze out the last few points I need.

I try to make sure I can remember the "dances" from way back when I was playing :-D

We're a guild that specifically takes new and returning players, so we have a real mix of abilities. We take even newer players on peerless hunts and once they've got the hang of paying attention to the more experienced ones and not doing the headless chicken thing, they're usually just fine :)

The steps have probably changed a bit on some of the dances *grins* but the basics remain the same, I think.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had to just close the client and leave, Lag was stupid. Wish you the best of luck.

O

o Kraken o

Thanks for a nice hunt. Sorry I was running a little late.

Gathering keys for the Shimmering Effusion has always been crazy!
Tonight was no exception :)

C

cheerful

Sorry to hear that Mapper, on the upside you must have saved a lot of money, unlike us.

When it went downhill it went fast, but thats the nature of peerless sometimes. At least we can now say that we have collected for all the bosses.

As a finale for next Tuesday I want to do all 6 peerless and Medusa.:party:

Thanks to all that turned up and all that helped out.

Alyx.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the fun...next time i wont bring a GD when collecting keys for shimmering! more of a hinderence then a help...stupid dragon:loser:

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cheerful, we could do a harrower as a finale the week after. I have a set of skulls and i've never done a harrower before :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cheerful, we could do a harrower as a finale the week after. I have a set of skulls and i've never done a harrower before :)

I believe that the samaritans provide sterling help for those who find that christmas makes them suicidal!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i could make it a seperate event actually, Xmas public harrower. But Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday are all booked for xmas events :S So would have to be after probably

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i could make it a seperate event actually, Xmas public harrower. But Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday are all booked for xmas events :S So would have to be after probably
You could always start the first week of the new year with an open harrower.

C

cheerful

Hiya's,
I 've always wanted to do Harry and agree with Flame, be good to do after the holiday. You could do a Tuesday night and if it finishes early we could do a few Mel's or something afterwards.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will try to Rally the RP guilds to come as well. Make a big thing of it like the old public harrowers.