• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Bring me up to date please?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not much of a gardener, but I need to get the site up to date. So can someone please correct me where I'm wrong and fill in the gaps please?

1. Poppy dust - comes from peculiar seeds and is used to identify said seeds, if you haven't got any you just have to harvest seeds from the right monster group and hope some come up poppies?
You get 8 dust from a plant? one id per dust? No seeds from the plant?

2. Flax - As above, peculiar seeds, harvest from correct monster group and hope? 8 cotton per plant? No seeds?

3. Sugar Cane - ditto?

4. Cypress Trees same again, produces 8 bark fragments, which can be used to make wood pulp, but not wooden armour?

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not much of a gardener, but I need to get the site up to date. So can someone please correct me where I'm wrong and fill in the gaps please?

1. Poppy dust - comes from peculiar seeds and is used to identify said seeds, if you haven't got any you just have to harvest seeds from the right monster group and hope some come up poppies?

2. Flax - As above, peculiar seeds, harvest from correct monster group and hope? 8 cotton per plant? No seeds?

3. Sugar Cane - ditto?

4. Cypress Trees same again, produces 8 bark fragments, which can be used to make wood pulp, but not wooden armour?
All of this is correct.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Each poppy dust has 8 charges and each plant yields 8 dusts. One trick that could be used to tell if you had a poppy was to plant the seed and check to see if it is resource bearing. Out of the monster group that has poppy seeds, it is the only one that yields resources.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could even collect seeds until you have (small) stacks of them. If you now grow one of each stack and keep track of them, you can identify your seeds without using poppy dust on them. (That is until you grow up all seeds from at least two stacks.)
For quick sorting just create a bag/chest where you drop all your peculiar seeds into. Once you have grown one of each plant and maybe placed one besides the fitting stack of seeds, all you need to do is dropping more peculiar seeds into that bag.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bag thing works for peculiar seeds that are not identified. Just have a book tracking the what seed gives what of the rows of seeds in the bag. I went further and tracked what monster gives what. For the dust the wisp is the easiest to collect with a good spawn out honesty gate in the dungeon of light.

Just have that known unidentified poppy seed in backpack. Then what doesn't stack is junk deco. Being water lilly cattail and spider plant.

As far as the other new resourses. Time and upkeep does not match what plp will pay for scroll binders. Again if that cotton is not uber producing a stack of cloth bolts instead what I can pluck from fields.........same old reward vs effort debate. And the sugar.........till the treats causes tooth decay with pain spikes that breaks a paralizing effects...............neat once. And non of the Willy Wonka ingredients stack still.

Want something mind blowing in the planting relm? Start with a few colored catus and try to figure out the crossing table. I've gotten 16 different bonsi in 5 color range. Of the 7 bonsi plants I've yet to get either of the uncommon yet. As far as the old crossing table. Crossinga certain color snake plant with a barrel catus bright green gets you red rushes.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya the peculiar plant crossing is going by that post. Without going to TC to speed up things and suck the life out of the game...........thx for the spoiler. LOL

What I've been finding is classic crossing if done with certain colors are not staying to the table.

snake + barrel= rushes.
Ytribarrel + Btribarrel = Gfern
water + tribarrel = rushes.
bonsi + any classic = plant gotten if the bonsi was rushes

It is a know that anything with tribarrel is having a random effect. I'm seeing the rushes coming up at the strange times. I think crossing plant off the bottom row of the classic table is producing the plant from the top row. Think ponytail and snake got me bulrushes once also before I started tracking. This bounce to top effect has something to do with color combos crossed.

Still about crossing for the white or black plants is why I'm growing and crossing plants that aren't of the pedal and thorn type. There is always someone out there looking for something like white ferns for deco. And thanks to the desire for dyes they can be priced at worth doing.

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think one of the most overlooked things in gardening is the "stolen dying plants". I don't know if it was a design of purpose but those plants are perfect for making floral arragements by using them as a base and adding plants of different types to make them unique deco plants. Just more fun for gardners from the lastest expansion.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Thanks for the decco tip using the dying plants artys! I have a ton of those.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dying plants? Never seen 'em, other than the ones I killed on TC recently by locking them down and logging out for 2 days... :p

Where does one acquire these, and what exactly are they?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
They are a Stygian stealable artifact.

Faerunner

Lore Master