• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bring Me The Horizon

Izznet H'unar

Journeyman
Standing on shore once again watching “The Celtic Tide” drift gracefully out to sea, Izznet savored the feel of his kiss on her fingers and lips. As the winds blew through her hair she could hear his voice as he sang. He was not even out of sight and already she missed him terribly.

“Hold him gently in your embrace,” she whispered to the surf.

She stood watching as the sunset collected the daylight releasing stars in its breath. Bright white clouds were touched with crimson and violet. As the colors drew on their midnight remnants gentle sparkles of stars applauded the hours passing.

The soft beat of wings broke the spell of night as Avalon lighted next to Izznet. The Watcher knew well the pensive look on her charge’s face. Lightly spreading her great wings she enveloped in a shield of comfort waiting for Izznet to move.

“You seem different with this trip.”

“It feels different. Maybe it is merely I am different. He is missed already, to be sure, but my mind is at peace. I trust the deities to carry him in safety and to return him here quickly. Is that such a childish thing?”

“To ask of me this? Nay I say tis a show of great strength. You know my heart to be deeply connected to spiritual things. Would be my duty to tell you these things, but you know them already. What plans have you then?”

“Plans? I had thought to stay here and watch for the ship to return,” Izznet said with a smirk.

“Tis not such a good plan, I think.”

“I know, Avalon. I was teasing. I will go to sanctuary and meditate for him. I trust that should there be any needs he would send word to me.
He said that his journey was one fraught with danger. To that, I will pray for his safety. He did not care to elaborate, but I will trust that he is not careless.”

“You know, I will also keep watch for you.”

“Yes, I know. Thank you, my friend.
You know, I’m almost jealous. The sea calls to me. It has been so long since last I was on the ocean. Perhaps after his return we can sail together.”

Inhaling deeply the night’s salt air offering, Izznet spoke a quiet petition to her deities and released them to the stars. At the edge of the shore Izznet closed her eyes and began to dance. Avalon, her only witness, stood tall in quiet serenity allowing her own mystic energies to meld into the sacrifice.

“May my song be heard to those who hold the wind and wave in the palm of their hand. Return my love with speed and grace. With gratitude I speak those things that my heart desires.”

As the dance subsided she whispers, “Return him from the horizon.”

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reading the reply sent to him by the Cain family, Aedon stood long on the deck looking into the west. As always, the voices of the sea called to him, urging him onward towards the horizon. But being a creature of duty, he knew well that this voyage would have to wait. Looking up, he watched as Nemira circled the ship. There was a restlessness in her movements that he both understood, and shared. Pausing a moment, he watched her graceful arcs, the beating of her massive wings barely rocking the ship. Then calling to her said.

“Nemira, take me back to Emerald Point.”

She did not pause to question the man’s request, but instead gave up a cry that seemed to pierce the clouds. The answer came quickly as another large bird flew towards the Celtic Tide. Taking the ship within their care, they turned it around, and drew it back towards the shore.

Standing at the prow of the ship, Aedon watched their flight while sipping his morning coffee.

“Well, at least I will surprise Izzy.”