• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bring back Group money pay offs

F

frogger2

Here we are back to updates, Test City 3 is still heavily populated and things looks like everything is running smoothly. when paycuts were first dropted back I first thought dang thats just wrong but with house bonus's low costing objects and multible sims with extra accounts....no problems. But thiers still the 1 thing I still dont like the take away from group payoff....it hurts no one working together noone teaming up on money objects this has hurt money houses in a big way at first I thought it wasnt a big deal but now...wow...its taking forever to make lot 8 at lot 7 now Im pulling my hair out with tiny pay offs its tough even with a populated house to make any cash. I know residence homes do good I own 1 The Pub.but I want my money house Starbase One to pay off and its just not doing it. am I the only one who wants group payoffs back? lets petition to a bring back the group money pay offs. its fun, it populate homes and it keeps the social game going in a strong way.

I

imported_MsStathamSim

YES!!!

I love playing Code and Pizza. Jams are boring.

BETTER PAYOUTS FOR GROUP JOB OBJECTS!!!!!

Maybe we should go on naked strike again?

F

festrmentmagnet

<font color="purple"> </font> I too have stated that I'd like the group dynamic reinstated, and was told that it probably will be in the future.
Now, how far in the future is anyone's guess.
LoL. <font color="purple"> </font>

G

I agree payouts on BOTH group objects and single sim objects are in desperate need of being raised. With a pitiful starting fee of $100, and minimal property prices of $10,000 not to mention, expansion prices, building costs and furnishing the properties with these new lowered payout make things very difficult not to mention very discouraging to new players who now really feel "behind the eight ball" more so then before because of all these newer restrictions placed in the game.

I'm not saying open the floodgates, but sheesh lets have a little reality here...... If I was at a job and my mortgage went up more then triple and my pay was decreased by 90% let me tell you that job would be history faster then you'd know. If we are trying to control the economy then let do that, but there are better ways to do that then by simply reducing payouts by 90%. We all know better ways of watching the economy are in place so why can't there be easier ways to control it from getting out of hand?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Group money objects are the easiest to exploit by multiple sim owners, especially maze.

I doubt if they bring it back up.

Let's get real a moment on Sim household budgets. If I wanted to be Nelson Rockerfeller in TC3, I might have a problem. But to be an average sim, with average bills with moderate work....then money isn't a problem in TC3. I'm not really sure why everyone wants a ton of money? Is it to start doing payouts or higher payouts?

M

Meggers

Group money objects are the easiest to exploit by multiple sim owners, especially maze.

I doubt if they bring it back up.
-------------------------------------

I'm sure they can do something to prevent all 3rd party programs including those stupid clothing patches. But destroying the economy in order to save it makes no sense. If you can't make any money and have to buy it from EA people will not stay for that.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Let's put things in prospective though....there isn't as much money being made on money objects but on the other hand items in the stores are dirt cheap too.

If I had to pick and choose....Higher payouts/higher prices or lower payouts/lower prices. I would definitely choose the lower ones.

After you spend a day in BF looking at 500 million dollar computers and 350 million dollar sprinklers, coming back to TC3 and buying crafting bench for 6k is oh so sweet!!!

Just because group objects have lower payouts, doesn't mean that players can't avail themselves of using them. They can still get the social interactions.

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

If you can't make any money and have to buy it from EA people will not stay for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

lowering starting money and payouts while raising the price of land makes me wonder if this isn't the plan. it would be in ea's financial interest if we were dependant on them to get money

da, pointing out the extreme (rockefeller reference) does not really speak to those who cannot even afford a nice modest lot given the current starting money (100), current payouts (~52ish for max anything) and current land prices (12K+)

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

If you can't make any money and have to buy it from EA people will not stay for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

lowering starting money and payouts while raising the price of land makes me wonder if this isn't the plan. it would be in ea's financial interest if we were dependant on them to get money

da, pointing out the extreme (rockefeller reference) does not really speak to those who cannot even afford a nice modest lot given the current starting money (100), current payouts (~52ish for max anything) and current land prices (12K+)

[/ QUOTE ]

My sim was created day #1 in TC3 and she is over 120 days old? I have a size 6 lot already. I gave away most of my 10k starter money to friends making big houses. So my sims were pretty much broke when they dropped the payouts. So now I work a little, skill a little and goof off a whole lot and in the last months I've accumulated nearly 20k. I think players need to remember that there is going to be an 'allowance' given my EA to paying subscribers. So that should take a lot of the bite out of lower payouts on objects.

However, back when I first started in this game of TSO and finally bought my first lot, it took me nearly a year to upgrade all the way to size 8. Figuring where my sim is now as compared to when I first started...I'm pretty much on track for having that size 8 in the same amount of time.

I made a new house in MF on Sunday. I bought the lot, upgraded and put a luxury estate on it. In one day, BAM....all done. Where is the logic in that?

I think many players have gotten extremely spoiled with the free flow of money that has existed in the last year or so.

M

mariotso

and i think alot of players assume everyone should be like them

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
If the accounts are paid for it is not an exploit. If you are not using 3rd party bots it is not an exploit.

People using bots and/or using a ton of trial accounts is an exploit.

They have fixed the trial account issue. Now it is time to figure out how to get rid of the bots without punishing the honest players. I do not pizza mostly because the penalties take so much from me. It frustrates me. Bots do not get frustrated. They get adjusted to go slower. The bots are not hurt by the penalties. Honest players are.

Pizza needs to be evaluated big time.

Pizza was cut more like 200%. Because with the penalties you make 0 a pizza now. Where before if the penalty was 30 simoleans you at least had your bonuses to fall back on. The bonuses were cut way too much. The penalty needs to be removed. Or greatly reduced. Why should we all be penalised? We are not all cheaters!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

and i think alot of players assume everyone should be like them

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I am assuming a lot of players are spoiled rotten by the free flowing money they've been getting the last year.

Too bad they gotta 'work' a little harder for their money now hey?

I'm just comparing what it was like when I started out brand new 5 years ago in this game as to starting out 'brand new' in TC3. It's a reference points.....where was I less then 6 months into TSO as compared to TC3.

People that started in TSO 2 years ago are so used to hand outs. It's tough not getting those 50K per case jams isn't it?

M

Meggers

Pizza was cut more like 200%. Because with the penalties you make 0 a pizza now. Where before if the penalty was 30 simoleans you at least had your bonuses to fall back on. The bonuses were cut way too much. The penalty needs to be removed. Or greatly reduced. Why should we all be penalised? We are not all cheaters!
-------------------------------

That has always been the way EA handles things. If 1 person cheats, punish them all. And they wonder why most people quit. They make us all quilty and not to mention in 5 years they have never fixed the bugs in the game. Most of the bugs have been here since day 1.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

-------------------------------

That has always been the way EA handles things. If 1 person cheats, punish them all. And they wonder why most people quit. They make us all quilty and not to mention in 5 years they have never fixed the bugs in the game. Most of the bugs have been here since day 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pizza penalties are there for a reason, to slow down/discourage botters using the pizza tables.

I've learned to 'switch up' pizza teams as well as locations. If our team starts getting a bunch of penalties, we either go to another house or change out team members. Switching stations help too.

But if you manage to pizza with generally the same sims, you will get penalties for sure. I remember last xmas doing pizza, we were actually getting negative payout penalties. -$100.

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

No, I am assuming a lot of players are spoiled rotten by the free flowing money they've been getting the last year.

Too bad they gotta 'work' a little harder for their money now hey?

I'm just comparing what it was like when I started out brand new 5 years ago in this game as to starting out 'brand new' in TC3. It's a reference points.....where was I less then 6 months into TSO as compared to TC3.

People that started in TSO 2 years ago are so used to hand outs. It's tough not getting those 50K per case jams isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

because you assume it, does not make it so.

not everything is black or white, feast or famine. most of us live in a world with shades of gray. please allow us the courtesy of exploring that without assuming and judging us to be spoiled rotten, money hungry ingrates!

M

Meggers

not everything is black or white, feast or famine. most of us live in a world with shades of gray. please allow us the courtesy of exploring that without assuming and judging us to be spoiled rotten, money hungry ingrates!
-----------------------------

Exactly. My problem is very simple. I can see the way this game is going. We will have to buy money to play which means only people with a lot of expendable income in RL will be able to get anywhere.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

-----------------------------

Exactly. My problem is very simple. I can see the way this game is going. We will have to buy money to play which means only people with a lot of expendable income in RL will be able to get anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have better things to do with my time than to argue with contrary argumentative know it all people.

So enjoy your stratics and pat yourselves on the back.

I made it 3 days in a row without lookin here. Maybe I can make it to 5 days in a row without Stratics? Before you know it, it'll be all yours. Who oh who will you be giving your smart cute little come backs to I wonder?

Off to do something fun instead of 'trying' to chat with the flat tires.

G

I'm sure no one will listen to me but I'll say it anyway.

Things in TC3 will not be exactly the same in EA Land. We are still testing the economy. Eventually we will lose house/visitor/sim bonuses but that money will be applied to jobs/money objects. Also dynamic payouts have not yet been implemented.

I really dont understand one thing though. If you have nothing to spend your money on in the production cities because you have a size 8 fully furnished lot, what will you need millions for in EA Land? If you dont have a lot, they will be cheap when EA Land first opens like they were in TC3 when it first opened. The lot prices go up to encourage us to buy houses from each other thus the secure house trade. I dont hear much about the real estate business so folks must not be having much trouble finding what they want. I do hear people say they found a great deal on a lot all the time. The catalog prices will be 10% of currect prices in production cities so even if you do need something affording it shouldnt be much of an issue. They are also looking at food prices to see if they need to be adjusted.

So dont freak out everyone, Sarah seems to have the whole business under control. We had a nice chat with her yesterday, filled her in on a few things she wasnt aware of and learned a bit of what she has in mind.

W

wishywashygirl

I think I'm one of the few (maybe the only) around that is actually HAPPY with the payouts, starting money, and pretty much everything about tc3.

I've been playing off and on since Dec. of 02, and have never had millions. I've never owned a rare, other than the one pink poodle I accidentally got the very first time I bought a pet on my own lot. And that I gave away as a gift to a long time roomie.

Most of my sims have had more skills (not locks) than they could ever possibly use and all of my sims remained broke due to the fact that finding a money house in most cities with the doors unlocked seems impossible. I love to make money the hard way. I hate to skill all day. So if seeing only $52 per potion means I get to have fun in the game again, then I love seeing that $52!!!

And I can't tell you how excited I was after 52 days finally earning enough money to buy my own property! And after 74 days I was finally able to upgrade to a size 5! There is absolutely nothing at all on my beautiful well deserved land yet, only the grass growing freely, but its mine!

Maybe if we stop looking at the negative, we would have a chance to see the positive! Great work Devs!!! Keep it up and happy simming!

Wish - TC3

G

It's not the what we have to spend it on that matters. It's having the secure feeling of enough in our bank account to do the things we might want to do, when and if something comes along. I love being comfortable here in my play world. My real life is pay check to pay check. Robbing Peter to Pay Paul often, so to speak. So in my play world it is soooo nice to look down and see lots of money and not need to worry about it at all. I don't mind earning it in game, when it takes a reasonable amount of time. What they have done to the economy in TC3 at this point shows me there is no way I could earn enough to hit that comfort zone in any reasonable amount of time. It would take way too long in my opinion.

I've posted often that I want the money objects returned, as they were, to all lots. They can change how they pay out, but we need them for something to do while we wait for something new. They also need to change it back to the group dynamics, earning more working together.

I found something else they need to reduce the price on. The spotlights still cost just as much to recharge. I can't see anyone being able to afford to throw $5k into a spotlight in TC3. Considering spot lights are often used as a memorial, they should run much cheaper than they do.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

*TTL*
Some of you keep saying making money in TC3 is no biggie, or that all it takes is a few days and you can go from zero to comfortable. That begs the question -- how many hours a day do you get to play?

I'm not a newbie, and I understand the dynamics of earning. I used to have lots of spare time to play in TSO. These days, I am lucky to get an hour. No matter how I apply my knowledge of how to earn money in TSO, I cannot fathom a way to "get comfortable" in a week.

What do players need money for? Many players like to knock down their homes and rebuild, for FUN. I can't see that in the future, at least not for FUN. Even taking down one room will be a big deal. Other players enjoy doing crazy stuff that requires disposable cash. I used to surround AFK players with bear statues, or have bear chases. Or, a bunch of us would decide to create a Christmas or other whimsical, short-lived neighborhood. That sort of thing is not possible any more. The days of being spontaneous like that are gone.

Those of you who are satisfied with the way things are need to learn the art of walking in another's moccasins. What a great world it would be if everyone had our very own wants, needs and desires. But, it ain't that way.

G

I can't see how anyone could start with $100 and be "comfortable" in a week in TC3, even if they play countless hours each day, unless being a roomie somewhere with no need to spend money is their way of playing the game. It is not mine.

Building costs have not been reduced at all. One slight wrong move of the mouse, when in build on floor tiles, can wipe your bank account quite easily. With no "undo" you are screwed. That is another thing they've neglected to adjust the price on. Some floor tiles are quite expensive. We've begged for an "undo" for years, wonder if that is anywhere on their list of things to do.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

wonder if that [undo function]is anywhere on their list of things to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it has been replaced with "inaugurate system for players to purchase simoleons from us"

F

frogger2

oh I love it when one of my posts makes it to page 2 lol. ok what was really behind getting group payoff back into tc3 was not to really worry about making tons of cash, it was just a fun thing to see group payoffs increase a bit when others join in, people were more chatty thier was conversation and a common bond between the players.the skill houses just get boring with afk'ers so people would drift to a money house where afk doesnt happen much.sure where ever you go thiers afk but money houses just seem to be a bit more chatty at least around the sell of each money object. hey vist my money house, i have everything but band lot size 7 working on size 8 b4 the money wipe.I am kirk at starbase one.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

oh I love it when one of my posts makes it to page 2 lol. ok what was really behind getting group payoff back into tc3 was not to really worry about making tons of cash, it was just a fun thing to see group payoffs increase a bit when others join in, people were more chatty thier was conversation and a common bond between the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries about making tons of cash, it ain't gonna happen, lol.

Welcome to page 2 -- your post touched some nerves as you can see. You got people talking, which I always think is a plus.

I agree with your ideas about fun and chat.

Good luck with you endeavor.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Pizza penalties are there for a reason, to slow down/discourage botters using the pizza tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I had no clue. Wow, you just know everything.